Kodi Community Forum
iOS 9 Archiving ipa file in Xcode not working - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: iOS 9 Archiving ipa file in Xcode not working (/showthread.php?tid=244799)

Pages: 1 2

iOS 9 Archiving ipa file in Xcode not working - belltechdave - 2015-10-21

Using latest Jarvis build from git, building on device through Xcode works perfectly now but still struggling to get the ipa archiving to work. 4 errors plus no entitlements being signed. Tried each codesigning selection but none of them got the archive process to successfully complete. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

RE: iOS 9 Archiving ipa file in Xcode not working - Memphiz - 2015-10-22

We don't support archiving into ipa - you are on your own.

RE: iOS 9 Archiving ipa file in Xcode not working - pwned4ever - 2015-10-22

(2015-10-22, 13:58)Memphiz Wrote: We don't support archiving into ipa - you are on your own.

Since when? I've been archiving kodi and Xbmc for the past 2 years almost every time worked fine before until Xcode 7/iOS 9... So what's changed since those version of kodi?

RE: iOS 9 Archiving ipa file in Xcode not working - MrMC - 2015-10-22

Xcode7 and iOS9 changed the playing ground Smile You can always go back to Xcode6 and regain archiving into ipa.

RE: iOS 9 Archiving ipa file in Xcode not working - belltechdave - 2015-10-22

You can't archive an IPA for iOS 9 in Xcode 6 though. What I'm trying to achieve is to archive an IPA in Xcode 7 for iOS 9.

RE: iOS 9 Archiving ipa file in Xcode not working - pwned4ever - 2015-10-22

(2015-10-22, 17:39)MrMC Wrote: Xcode7 and iOS9 changed the playing ground Smile You can always go back to Xcode6 and regain archiving into ipa.

So basically your exterminating the archiving possibility ?
I'm curious how a group of people have been able to sign it with there profile and have web installs happening now, how they've figured it out. Ipwnstore currently states they have an web archive avaialbale for iOS 9 users on Jarvis and Isengard.
Is there something that can be done in order to sign the entitlements ? Any clues as to what was changed from Xcode 7 that is causing these issues ?
Possible to point of any files that can be edited or have been edited from Jarvis or Isengard 15.1 and lower ?

No one said it was being exterminated. That would mean hunting down and removing some functionality. It worked before by chance, now it does not. That's life in open source land. The iOS deployment process is in darwin/packaging/ios/mkdeb-ios and is documented in the README. Outside of that, you are on your own.

You could ask the authors of those web archive for jarvis and isengard what they did. The code and build IS GPLv3+ unless you down-version libsmbclient and those authors are required to make public any changes. If they refuse, then they are no better than all those android pirates and parasites that came out of the woodwork when the android port was made public.

And come on, anything in ipwnstore has no need for signing at all, they don't call it jailbroken for kicks Smile

So this got me interested and I searched out and downloaded the ipwnstore ipa and ripped it apart.

For those that do not understand, ipwnstore offers a service by which you provide some iOS app, they do their magic on it and you can then deploy to any iOS device without having to jailbreak it.

First thing I see is this;

"/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/IOS-ATV2/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/iphoneos8.1_armv7-target"

So someone build with 8.1 target. The thing that really stands out is jenkins Humm, likes like a team-kodi jenkins build.

"Mon Oct 19 13:13:05 CDT 2015
compiler: %s
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -fheinous-gnu-extensions -no-cpp-precomp -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -ftree-vectorize -mfloat-abi=softfp -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O3 -Wreturn-type -Wunused-variable -fmessage-length=0 -gdwarf-2 -arch armv7 -miphoneos-version-min=5.1 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.1.sdk -isystem /Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/IOS-ATV2/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/iphoneos8.1_armv7-target/include -fPIC -fno-common -DOPENSSL_PIC -DZLIB -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -arch armv7 -O3 -"

and

"--prefix=/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/IOS-ATV2/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/iphoneos8.1_armv7-target --extra-version=kodi-2.6.4-Isengard --cc=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang --cxx=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ --ar=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ar --ranlib=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib --disable-devices --disable-doc --disable-ffplay --disable-ffmpeg --disable-sdl --disable-ffprobe --disable-ffserver --enable-gpl --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-postproc --enable-pthreads --enable-muxer=spdif --enable-muxer=adts --enable-muxer=asf --enable-muxer=ipod --enable-encoder=ac3 --enable-encoder=aac --enable-encoder=wmav2 --enable-protocol=http --enable-gnutls --arch=armv7 --enable-cross-compile --cpu=cortex-a8 --yasmexe=/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/IOS-ATV2/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/bin/yasm --disable-decoder=mpeg_xvmc --enable-vda --disable-crystalhd --target-os=darwin --enable-pic --disable-armv5te --disable-armv6t2 --disable-debug"

Nice Smile This solves the mystery. Someone took a team-kodi jenkins server build of Isengard, had it magicfied™ by ipwnstore and presto, there you go.

You can do the exact same thing too except be prepared to pony up $9.95 to the ipwnstore.

I would never want to use ipwnstore and here's why:
1. How can I ever trust what they've coded into their apps (they could insert malicious code)
2. I have to pay them $10/year for their service
3. The reason I archive an IPA of Kodi that I've signed with my paid apple developer account (that I pay $100/year) is so that I can have it posted as an ad hoc distribution IPA that I post on my personal website for friends and family to download since they all love Kodi and I make sure that they can get it installed/updated without me having to get them to bring me their devices so that I can install Kodi locally through Xcode (in most cases I can't do that because they live abroad)

Could I even take the team-Kodi Jenkins build and sign it in Xcode for ad hoc distribution? Where are those builds located?

I doubt it that would work but I bet if you take apart the ipwnstore version, it might provide hints as to what they did.

Can I ask you to send me a link of the one you have (Dropbox, ftp, etc..)? Please and thank you. It'll save me from spending the $10 for a service I'll never use.

gezz, no one knows about how search in google anymore Smile check your PMs.

I got it. Thanks. What did you mean by googling it? What could've I googled?

'kodi ipa' of course

RE: iOS 9 Archiving ipa file in Xcode not working - belltechdave - 2015-10-23

Is the file you sent me the one from ipwnstore or some version you found online?