Kodi Community Forum
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) (/showthread.php?tid=245978)

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - jdanyorozco - 2016-02-02

I was able to load Kodi on to my Apple TV 4 thank you guys!

Now my only question is will I have to redo this after 90 days? It said somewhere in the first post that it will expire after 90 days. Sorry in advance I'm new to Xcode and this method to load apps on to your device without a paid developers account.

Thanks.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Chinese1904 - 2016-02-02

That's right. After 90 days it will crash.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - MrMC - 2016-02-02

(2016-02-02, 07:06)Chinese1904 Wrote: That's right. After 90 days it will crash.

No, it will not crash. It will just not launch and if running the OS might request the app terminate. Testflights work this exact same way and the cert for them will expire in 60 days.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - jdanyorozco - 2016-02-02

(2016-02-02, 07:06)Chinese1904 Wrote: That's right. After 90 days it will crash.

Damn and it looks like the dev's can't do anything about it since its an apple thing. Thanks for confirming.

(2016-02-02, 07:13)MrMC Wrote:

No, it will not crash. It will just not launch and if running the OS might request the app terminate. Testflights work this exact same way and the cert for them will expire in 60 days.

I hope there is a work around in the future. Thanks a lot for your hard work MrMC.

iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Memphiz - 2016-02-02

If i find THIS workaround i will rather sell it to apple for a million or so rather then make it open source Wink

(2016-02-02, 08:07)Memphiz Wrote: If i find THIS workaround i will rather sell it to apple for a million or so rather then make it open source Wink

Rofl that's why I said I hope. Nothing wrong with hoping.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - AbRASiON - 2016-02-04

(2016-02-02, 07:13)MrMC Wrote:

What is the process for fixing this after 60 / 90 days?
Can you just re-upload the file to the iPad or do you need to do all the other stuff too?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - MrMC - 2016-02-04

Re-sign/Install. Pervious settings will be retained. Same procedure as with TestFlight.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - jimbolgs - 2016-02-04

Anyone know why is get this:

App installation failed

A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2016-02-04

(2016-02-04, 17:07)jimbolgs Wrote: Anyone know why is get this:

App installation failed

A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.

This usually happens when one of the following is true
  • The device was never registered with Xcode
  • The wrong provisioning profile was selected in iOS App Signer
  • The wrong code signing certificate was selected

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - AbRASiON - 2016-02-05

Does anyone know if I can do the following.

Install trakt.tv - Yes, you can, I did it.
Install Aeon Nox - I realised I don't care, not for an iPad version
Connect to a MySQL server for Kodi - I don't know yet, waiting for a reply

ALL using this trick, without a jailbroken ipad? or do I need to hack in AdvancedSettings.XML?

EDIT: one more thing, the only local source for data is "Home Folder" on the iPad, it contains "Documents" "Library" and "tmp" would I be right, thinking it's impossible to load media on to the iPad manually and play it, when away from my home network?
Thanks

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - AbRASiON - 2016-02-05

UPDATE:
I hope this helps others who are attempting to do this.

Two of the undocumented problems I found were

"No provisioning profiles found" and the "fix" button doesn't fix it.
(Rest of error is: "Creating a provisioning profile requires one or more devices to be registered with your team. Connect a device to your Mac to add it to your team.")
This one i cleared up by clicking Kodi breadcrumb in the top left and noticing my ipad had a spinning circle on it, like it was trying to talk to it still - once that went away it worked, took ages.

+

Once you complete ALL parts of the tutorial, you can't open the icon for the app on your ipad
Error is "untrusted developer"
You need to follow this guide.
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/10/12/how-to-sideload-apps-on-iphone-ipad-ios-9/ fixes it up

NOTE:
THIS *CAN* be done under Windows, I used Windows 7 with VMWare 12 and a VM of OSX 11 which ... I obtained. I don't "condone" doing this blah blah nor will I link to the information on how to get that stuff but ummm yes, it can be done under a VM in Windows.
Kodi is now setting itself up on my iPad, trakt.tv *DID* install - I haven't bothered to figure out MySQL yet.

Yay? (yay!)

P.S this is the guide I followed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OxgmpNVatw

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2016-02-05

(2016-02-05, 01:22)AbRASiON Wrote: one more thing, the only local source for data is "Home Folder" on the iPad, it contains "Documents" "Library" and "tmp" would I be right, thinking it's impossible to load media on to the iPad manually and play it, when away from my home network?
Thanks

You can use iFunbox to copy media into the documents folder and then you can add that source into Kodi the usual way (it will be in "Home" in Kodi)

You can also enable MySQL with advancedsettings.xml using iFunbox but I don't think that would work if you want to go offline since I don't think Kodi would fall back to being local

You can pretty much to anything that the PC version can do (except run external programs like emulators and such... that's outside the sandbox...)

Just to clarify, I don't need to 'hack' my iPad to do this, right?
I mean I'm not sure I even NEED it right now - but it'd be nice, when I go on holidays, to take some stuff with me.

As for losing MYSQL while away from home, that's cool, I can get over that to be honest. Just playing files from a local file is ok
Thx