Kodi Community Forum
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) (/showthread.php?tid=245978)

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - korani - 2016-02-08

Hello man, thank you so much for this guide you are awesome.
I have a question if you could help ill be forever thankfull.

I managed to get kodi working on Apple TV 4 few days ago, i then deleted to update a newer version but since then im getting this error massage
Quote:App installation failed
No code signature found

Getting it in the last step when uploading to the appleTV as shown below
http://imgur.com/D2ZzVVN

I have no clue what to do and tried everything.
I tried older Kodi versions to be sure but still no solution.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - patarker - 2016-02-08

(2016-02-08, 03:25)DanTheMan827 Wrote: If anyone has questions about installing with a working top shelf, see how to install Kodi on the Apple TV 4 with working top shelf

Pardon my ignorance but I've searched the forums and watched your video and I'm still not clear on what you mean by "a working top shelf." Would like to know before I upgrade to the latest .deb on my ATV. Also, have to resign for my iPad Air 2, can't believe it's been 90 days already. Thanks for App Signer and all the support.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - bauki - 2016-02-08

Hi,
have somebody same issue on Ipad, in system/add-ons/unknown sources i cant enable option..
BR

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2016-02-08

(2016-02-08, 17:06)patarker Wrote:
(2016-02-08, 03:25)DanTheMan827 Wrote: If anyone has questions about installing with a working top shelf, see how to install Kodi on the Apple TV 4 with working top shelf

Pardon my ignorance but I've searched the forums and watched your video and I'm still not clear on what you mean by "a working top shelf." Would like to know before I upgrade to the latest .deb on my ATV. Also, have to resign for my iPad Air 2, can't believe it's been 90 days already. Thanks for App Signer and all the support.

The top shelf is where you hover over the icon at the top of the apple tv menu and you get a list of movies on the very top of the screen

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2016-02-08

(2016-02-08, 16:01)korani Wrote: Hello man, thank you so much for this guide you are awesome.
I have a question if you could help ill be forever thankfull.

I managed to get kodi working on Apple TV 4 few days ago, i then deleted to update a newer version but since then im getting this error massage
Quote:App installation failed
No code signature found

Getting it in the last step when uploading to the appleTV as shown below
http://imgur.com/D2ZzVVN

I have no clue what to do and tried everything.
I tried older Kodi versions to be sure but still no solution.

Usually that happens when the code signing certificate either wasn't trusted or got deleted...

A certificate is needed and Xcode doesn't always install it for some reason...

try downloading and installing this https://developer.apple.com/certificationauthority/AppleWWDRCA.cer

Also, I'm guessing there's no certificate listed in iOS App Signer under signing certificate?

If that still doesn't work you can try resetting your Xcode signing certificate

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - TheLalaBox - 2016-02-08

I am a newbie and have a question, I want to do nothing to kodi but add a video addon in the add ons folder, if i decomplile this IPA file and add that folder and files to it do i have to find a way to re-sign it since i made a change?

(2016-02-08, 18:45)TheLalaBox Wrote: I am a newbie and have a question, I want to do nothing to kodi but add a video addon in the add ons folder, if i decomplile this IPA file and add that folder and files to it do i have to find a way to re-sign it since i made a change?

The IPA is really just a .zip file with a Payload folder inside

You can go into that folder and then open up the Kodi.app package and then modify the built in add-ons

Then you can select the Kodi.app from the ipa with iOS App Signer and then re-sign it

iOS App Signer will then repackage that .app into an ipa ready to be installed

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - sqig - 2016-02-08

As Dan mentions in his excellent video its very important to get the right Provisioning Profile if you want the top shelf to work.
I had 3 identical ones in the drop down menu in IOS App Signer, only the bottom one worked.
Thank you.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Baxter3000 - 2016-02-08

Why is that exactly?

How can they be identical, if only one of them works?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - MrMC - 2016-02-08

identical in name, not contents Smile

(2016-02-08, 22:18)Baxter3000 Wrote: Why is that exactly?

They aren't identical but Xcode gives them the same name

I suppose I COULD sort duplicate profiles so that the newest is at the top

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Vito416 - 2016-02-09

hey how do i delete old projects for iOS app signer

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2016-02-09

(2016-02-09, 01:15)Vito416 Wrote: hey how do i delete old projects for iOS app signer

If you're referring to the blank projects that Xcode creates, you can just drag those from finder to the trash.

If you're referring to the old provisioning profiles, go into Xcode preferences, accounts, select your Apple ID and team, and click view details

Then you can right click on the provisioning profiles and click move to trash or (and this is what I like to do) show in finder and just delete all of them in that folder

You can then download them again from Xcode and you'll be sure you have the latest

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2016-02-09

(2016-02-08, 22:29)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2016-02-08, 22:18)Baxter3000 Wrote: Why is that exactly?

They aren't identical but Xcode gives them the same name

I suppose I COULD sort duplicate profiles so that the newest is at the top

The newest release sorts the list alphabetically but if there are duplicates the newest will be at the top of that group

Also, you can hover over the items in the profile list for a tooltip with more detailed information such as expiration date

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Chinese1904 - 2016-02-09

That's awesome. So the newest one is always the one that works for the top shelf?