Kodi Community Forum
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) (/showthread.php?tid=245978)

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2016-02-09

(2016-02-09, 04:28)Chinese1904 Wrote: That's awesome. So the newest one is always the one that works for the top shelf?

It SHOULD be...

You can hover over the item in the drop down and you'll get a tool tip with more of the details including creation date

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Jonni - 2016-02-09

(2016-02-08, 18:40)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2016-02-08, 16:01)korani Wrote: Hello man, thank you so much for this guide you are awesome.
I have a question if you could help ill be forever thankfull.

I managed to get kodi working on Apple TV 4 few days ago, i then deleted to update a newer version but since then im getting this error massage
Quote:App installation failed
No code signature found

Getting it in the last step when uploading to the appleTV as shown below
http://imgur.com/D2ZzVVN

I have no clue what to do and tried everything.
I tried older Kodi versions to be sure but still no solution.

Usually that happens when the code signing certificate either wasn't trusted or got deleted...

A certificate is needed and Xcode doesn't always install it for some reason...

try downloading and installing this https://developer.apple.com/certificationauthority/AppleWWDRCA.cer

Also, I'm guessing there's no certificate listed in iOS App Signer under signing certificate?

If that still doesn't work you can try resetting your Xcode signing certificate

Thanks for your Video and info how to do this
I had install kodi from ( 14.01.2016 ) on my Apple tv 4 with no problem and was trying to install newest kodi ( 07.02.2016 ) but i had the error message even if i followed your video but to night i saw this post from you with this link and this fix it for me ( https://developer.apple.com/certificationauthority/AppleWWDRCA.cer )
had no problem after this thanks again

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Fellex - 2016-02-09

(2016-02-09, 04:53)Jonni Wrote:
(2016-02-08, 18:40)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2016-02-08, 16:01)korani Wrote: Hello man, thank you so much for this guide you are awesome.
I have a question if you could help ill be forever thankfull.

I managed to get kodi working on Apple TV 4 few days ago, i then deleted to update a newer version but since then im getting this error massage

Getting it in the last step when uploading to the appleTV as shown below
http://imgur.com/D2ZzVVN

I have no clue what to do and tried everything.
I tried older Kodi versions to be sure but still no solution.

Usually that happens when the code signing certificate either wasn't trusted or got deleted...

A certificate is needed and Xcode doesn't always install it for some reason...

try downloading and installing this https://developer.apple.com/certificationauthority/AppleWWDRCA.cer

Also, I'm guessing there's no certificate listed in iOS App Signer under signing certificate?

If that still doesn't work you can try resetting your Xcode signing certificate

Thanks for your Video and info how to do this
I had install kodi from ( 14.01.2016 ) on my Apple tv 4 with no problem and was trying to install newest kodi ( 07.02.2016 ) but i had the error message even if i followed your video but to night i saw this post from you with this link and this fix it for me ( https://developer.apple.com/certificationauthority/AppleWWDRCA.cer )
had no problem after this thanks again

Im having the same issue i have tried everything from resetting the certs , reinstalling xcode , reissuing profiles any ideas?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - InkAndDrink303 - 2016-02-09

Hey,

Sorry if this has been asked before but i presume I need to have a Macbook etc, or how do I go about doing it via a virtual machine?

Thanks,

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - underwriter - 2016-02-09

(2016-02-09, 13:14)InkAndDrink303 Wrote: Hey,

Sorry if this has been asked before but i presume I need to have a Macbook etc, or how do I go about doing it via a virtual machine?

Thanks,

Presumably a Virtual Machine should work, but better on Mac Machine.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - AbRASiON - 2016-02-09

Thanks,

Get a copy of VMWare workstation V12 (although I think "free" Player edition V12 might do it too)
You'll need VMWare "unlocker" Apple seem to block VM's (??) by hassling the VMWare corp to NOT support Macs - this hack 'unlocks' the ability to emulate a mac on VMware. (I Was wary of this app, it works very well) You want "unlocker 2.08"

There's a pre-built VMWare image on a .. umm "popular site" (the second most popular one with a K) it's about 6GB. The password is "000" for the VM (which is only in the comments)
It is not only a good working VM, it even patches up to date to latest version of MacOS without error.

Once your ipad / iphone is working, in iTunes under Windows, if you fire up the VM and click a little icon down the bottom right it "disconnects" the USB connection from your Windows PC and "takes control" of it in the VM, effectively passing USB to the VM. Then the Mac thinks a USB cable is connected fine and it works fine.

I did it all on this, without any problems, it's honestly not that much more complex than having a Mac.
Be warned MacOS updates about 2GB and XCode is 4gb, MacOS store was giving me full speed for first 500MB of download of these, then dropped to 333KB/s - it was painful - but they are now installed and patched up.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - InkAndDrink303 - 2016-02-09

(2016-02-09, 15:51)AbRASiON Wrote:

Thanks,

Get a copy of VMWare workstation V12 (although I think "free" Player edition V12 might do it too)
You'll need VMWare "unlocker" Apple seem to block VM's (??) by hassling the VMWare corp to NOT support Macs - this hack 'unlocks' the ability to emulate a mac on VMware. (I Was wary of this app, it works very well) You want "unlocker 2.08"

There's a pre-built VMWare image on a .. umm "popular site" (the second most popular one with a K) it's about 6GB. The password is "000" for the VM (which is only in the comments)
It is not only a good working VM, it even patches up to date to latest version of MacOS without error.

Once your ipad / iphone is working, in iTunes under Windows, if you fire up the VM and click a little icon down the bottom right it "disconnects" the USB connection from your Windows PC and "takes control" of it in the VM, effectively passing USB to the VM. Then the Mac thinks a USB cable is connected fine and it works fine.

I did it all on this, without any problems, it's honestly not that much more complex than having a Mac.
Be warned MacOS updates about 2GB and XCode is 4gb, MacOS store was giving me full speed for first 500MB of download of these, then dropped to 333KB/s - it was painful - but they are now installed and patched up.

Thanks so much ... Apprecaite the info and will give this a go when I get a chance! Thanks again.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - bmendes - 2016-02-09

Tried to update to the new tvos version and Xcode says "This app contains an app extension with an illegal bundle identifier. App extension bundle identifiers must have a prefix consisting of their containing application's bundle identifier followed by a '.'."

Not really an expert at this stuff but I've installed/updated the last few versions just fine :/

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2016-02-09

(2016-02-09, 20:08)bmendes Wrote: Tried to update to the new tvos version and Xcode says "This app contains an app extension with an illegal bundle identifier. App extension bundle identifiers must have a prefix consisting of their containing application's bundle identifier followed by a '.'."

Not really an expert at this stuff but I've installed/updated the last few versions just fine :/

You need the newest version of iOS App Signer

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - bolse - 2016-02-09

hallo i got an error in ios app signe (error prcessing deb file) i run el capitan and apple tv 4 ios 9.1.1 is ther enyone how can help me ?

(2016-02-09, 23:15)bolse Wrote: hallo i got an error in ios app signe (error prcessing deb file) i run el capitan and apple tv 4 ios 9.1.1 is ther enyone how can help me ?

Which deb file did you download, which version of iOS App Signer are you using, and post the log (you can find it under the view menu)

Please post the log on something like pastebin or github gist and not directly in your reply

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - bobccc - 2016-02-10

(2016-02-09, 22:17)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 20:08)bmendes Wrote: Tried to update to the new tvos version and Xcode says "This app contains an app extension with an illegal bundle identifier. App extension bundle identifiers must have a prefix consisting of their containing application's bundle identifier followed by a '.'."

You need the newest version of iOS App Signer

Fixed it for me, thanks Dan..... I was scratching the head too....

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - guarddt - 2016-02-10

Hope somebody can help. I'm stuck at steps 3-6, no matter what i do i can't get the "no provisional profile......" to go away. i'm trying to side load on to a new apple tv, i've have selected the device. but it always ends up going to the ".... plug in device to your mac to add it to your team", I have the apple tv plugged in via usb, power is on. any help would be great

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - bolse - 2016-02-10

(2016-02-09, 23:38)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 23:15)bolse Wrote: hallo i got an error in ios app signe (error prcessing deb file) i run el capitan and apple tv 4 ios 9.1.1 is ther enyone how can help me ?

Which deb file did you download, which version of iOS App Signer are you using, and post the log (you can find it under the view menu)

Please post the log on something like pastebin or github gist and not directly in your reply

hei I have tryd difrent deb files an i downloded ios app signer 2 yesterday

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - rinaldij862 - 2016-02-11

Hello, Sorry if this is a repost but I did not see anything on this. I had kodi previously installed on my ATV4 running TVOS 9.1. I did not realize it updated to 9.1.1 until after I attempted to update. When I follow your steps I get an error at the end that says I need a valid provisioning profile. Any suggestions?