Kodi Community Forum
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) (/showthread.php?tid=245978)

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Cougar 1 - 2016-02-27

@DanTheMan827

Still struggling with getting this to work on my atv 4. Not able to get pass the "fix button" (my atv 4 is not recognized) and needs to be added to the team (I am using the correct tvos deb file.
I had no issue with doing this on my iPad with the iOS deb file. Can this be a faulty Apple tv? Bought a refurb 32GB unit from Apple.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2016-02-27

(2016-02-23, 09:49)Navzt3r Wrote: I've installed kodi Jarvis 16 on iOS 9.2.1 Had no problems installing but after download when I click on app it try's to open and goes back to iPhone home screen. I''ve side loaded to my iPad before but never had this problem

(2016-02-23, 14:49)giub1981 Wrote: Hi

I have installed Kodi onto my iPhone 6 last month using xcode with no problems at all. Over this weekend, I went to do the same on my friends iPad 2, using the same instructions that I did for my iPhone 6. I did come across some problems with signatures etc but did manage to get through these and got the app installed onto the iPad, however, when I go to open the app, the screen goes blank for 1 second and then returns to the iPad home screen. I thought it may just be an issue with the iPad (running IOS 9.2.1) so tried it on another iPad (running IOS 8.4) but am getting the same issue.

Is there any reason for this or anything I am doing wrong. I used the same process on my iPhone with no issuesHuh??

Thanks in advance for any help at all

(2016-02-27, 16:04)Cougar 1 Wrote: @DanTheMan827

Still struggling with getting this to work on my atv 4. Not able to get pass the "fix button" (my atv 4 is not recognized) and needs to be added to the team (I am using the correct tvos deb file.
I had no issue with doing this on my iPad with the iOS deb file. Can this be a faulty Apple tv? Bought a refurb 32GB unit from Apple.
It could be a bad cable...

What happens if you try to restore the software through iTunes?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - sqig - 2016-02-27

Hello,
stupid thought , but have you got just the usb-c cable plugged into the ATV4 ?
You need the power cable as well.

Good luck

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Cougar 1 - 2016-02-27

(2016-02-27, 19:19)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2016-02-23, 09:49)Navzt3r Wrote: I've installed kodi Jarvis 16 on iOS 9.2.1 Had no problems installing but after download when I click on app it try's to open and goes back to iPhone home screen. I''ve side loaded to my iPad before but never had this problem

(2016-02-23, 14:49)giub1981 Wrote: Hi

I have installed Kodi onto my iPhone 6 last month using xcode with no problems at all. Over this weekend, I went to do the same on my friends iPad 2, using the same instructions that I did for my iPhone 6. I did come across some problems with signatures etc but did manage to get through these and got the app installed onto the iPad, however, when I go to open the app, the screen goes blank for 1 second and then returns to the iPad home screen. I thought it may just be an issue with the iPad (running IOS 9.2.1) so tried it on another iPad (running IOS 8.4) but am getting the same issue.

Is there any reason for this or anything I am doing wrong. I used the same process on my iPhone with no issuesHuh??

Thanks in advance for any help at all

It could be a bad cable...

What happens if you try to restore the software through iTunes?

Thank you DanTheMan827.
I did try a restore of the ATV4 in iTunes,Huh and also went out to purchase a new high-speed USB C to USB A male Data cable for New Macbook and it did not help.
Only thing I can think of is somehow it is corrupt but I do not have much knowledge when it comes to Xcode.

(2016-02-27, 20:45)sqig Wrote:

Hello,
stupid thought , but have you got just the usb-c cable plugged into the ATV4 ?
You need the power cable as well.

Good luck

Did have the power cable connected, thank you for trying to help me out.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - raulybea - 2016-02-27

hi Dan have a problem installing on apple tv kodi 4 I get the icon on the tv appe 4, but when pushed out the screen and quickly kodi goes blank

thank you
help me

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2016-02-28

(2016-02-27, 21:59)raulybea Wrote: hi Dan have a problem installing on apple tv kodi 4 I get the icon on the tv appe 4, but when pushed out the screen and quickly kodi goes blank

thank you
help me

Quite a few people also have this issue... it's caused by certificate issues...

Try re-installing the WWDR certificate:
  • Open Keychain Access which is located in the Utilities folder inside Applications.
  • Select ‘Show Expired Certificates’ in the View menu.
  • Delete the Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certificate Authority Intermediate certificates from both the login and system keychains.
  • Download and install the latest Apple WWDR certificate.

Then try re-signing and re-install...

If it still does not work try completely resetting the Xcode certificates, re-signing, and re-installing...

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - vitospeed - 2016-02-28

Same problem here, I purchased two apple tv 4 one a refurbish from Apple and one from Best Buy, the one from best buy no problem to install Kodi the refurb from Apple gave all sort of troubles:
Fist if you try to use it with Xcode to create the IPA file will not pass the signing issue error "Unable to fix code signing issue." I did use my other Apple TV4 to create the IPA and once i tried to install the IPA on the Refub. ATV4 it doesn't work the "App installation failed: A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found",
I tried to reset the atv4 and restore with iTunes is not working.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Cougar 1 - 2016-02-28

(2016-02-28, 17:40)vitospeed Wrote:

Same problem here, I purchased two apple tv 4 one a refurbish from Apple and one from Best Buy, the one from best buy no problem to install Kodi the refurb from Apple gave all sort of troubles:
Fist if you try to use it with Xcode to create the IPA file will not pass the signing issue error "Unable to fix code signing issue." I did use my other Apple TV4 to create the IPA and once i tried to install the IPA on the Refub. ATV4 it doesn't work the "App installation failed: A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found",

Yes the only thing left for me would be that the refurb Apple tv is defect, it is being sent back tomorrow.
Intend to pick up a new one direct from Apple store and try again later in the week.
Will post results.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - vitospeed - 2016-02-28

(2016-02-28, 20:11)Cougar 1 Wrote:

Yes the only thing left for me would be that the refurb Apple tv is defect, it is being sent back tomorrow.
Intend to pick up a new one direct from Apple store and try again later in the week.
Will post results.

I'm sending mine back too, ill get another from Best Buy since that the first one did work out fine, I hope it will work for you, but i think there is something wrong with the refurb Apple TV4, it's strange that we bought have the same problem Confused

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2016-02-28

(2016-02-28, 20:52)vitospeed Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 20:11)Cougar 1 Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 17:40)vitospeed Wrote: Same problem here, I purchased two apple tv 4 one a refurbish from Apple and one from Best Buy, the one from best buy no problem to install Kodi the refurb from Apple gave all sort of troubles:

Will post results.

I'm sending mine back too, ill get another from Best Buy since that the first one did work out fine, I hope it will work for you, but i think there is something wrong with the refurb Apple TV4, it's strange that we bought have the same problem Confused
Curious... If you go into the settings app on the Apple TV itself does it list any serial number?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Cougar 1 - 2016-02-28

(2016-02-28, 20:55)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 20:11)Cougar 1 Wrote: Yes the only thing left for me would be that the refurb Apple tv is defect, it is being sent back tomorrow.
Will post results.

Curious... If you go into the settings app on the Apple TV itself does it list any serial number?

Did look for it but not sure if it was in the app itself or not (have already packed it up and restored it). I did look for a way to change the name (like you can on the APT3) but it was not there. Also not available in iTunes (serial #).

(2016-02-28, 20:11)Cougar 1 Wrote: Yes the only thing left for me would be that the refurb Apple tv is defect, it is being sent back tomorrow.
Will post results.

yes i do have the serial in mine

(2016-02-28, 21:01)Cougar 1 Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 20:52)vitospeed Wrote: I'm sending mine back too, ill get another from Best Buy since that the first one did work out fine, I hope it will work for you, but i think there is something wrong with the refurb Apple TV4, it's strange that we bought have the same problem Confused

Did look for it but not sure if it was in the app itself or not (have already packed it up and restored it). I did look for a way to change the name (like you can on the APT3) but it was not there. Also not available in iTunes (serial #).

I wasn't able to complete the installation and i had the ATV4 connected with the tv and i didn't see any logo on the screen, plus i did the same on my other
ATV4 and everything did work like a charm

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - lv99 - 2016-02-29

Each ATV4 needs owned provisioning profile. You CANNOT share IPA!