Kodi Community Forum
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) (/showthread.php?tid=245978)

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - vitospeed - 2016-02-29

(2016-02-29, 05:56)lv99 Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 17:40)vitospeed Wrote:
(2016-02-27, 16:04)Cougar 1 Wrote: @DanTheMan827

Still struggling with getting this to work on my atv 4. Not able to get pass the "fix button" (my atv 4 is not recognized) and needs to be added to the team (I am using the correct tvos deb file.
I had no issue with doing this on my iPad with the iOS deb file. Can this be a faulty Apple tv? Bought a refurb 32GB unit from Apple.

Same problem here, I purchased two apple tv 4 one a refurbish from Apple and one from Best Buy, the one from best buy no problem to install Kodi the refurb from Apple gave all sort of troubles:
Fist if you try to use it with Xcode to create the IPA file will not pass the signing issue error "Unable to fix code signing issue." I did use my other Apple TV4 to create the IPA and once i tried to install the IPA on the Refub. ATV4 it doesn't work the "App installation failed: A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found",
I tried to reset the atv4 and restore with iTunes is not working.

Each ATV4 needs owned provisioning profile. You CANNOT share IPA!

I tryed both ways and it didn't work, but again the problem was only with the refurb. ATV4

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Cougar 1 - 2016-02-29

Still struggling with getting this to work on my atv 4. Not able to get pass the "fix button" (my atv 4 is not recognized) and needs to be added to the team (I am using the correct tvos deb file.
I had no issue with doing this on my iPad with the iOS deb file. Can this be a faulty Apple tv? Bought a refurb 32GB unit from Apple.

Same problem here, I purchased two apple tv 4 one a refurbish from Apple and one from Best Buy, the one from best buy no problem to install Kodi the refurb from Apple gave all sort of troubles:
Fist if you try to use it with Xcode to create the IPA file will not pass the signing issue error "Unable to fix code signing issue." I did use my other Apple TV4 to create the IPA and once i tried to install the IPA on the Refub. ATV4 it doesn't work the "App installation failed: A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found",

Thank you for the input but not the case with my situation, only 1 ATV 4. Not sure about other poster's situation, but have seen this before.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2016-02-29

You can share the IPA with multiple devices but they all need to be registered with Xcode before you generate it

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - lv99 - 2016-02-29

Do you mean the deb is same ipa?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2016-02-29

(2016-02-29, 19:32)lv99 Wrote: Do you mean the deb is same ipa?

No, Apple TV and iOS are separate deb files

What I meant was that if you have more than one device of the same type (iOS or Apple TV) you can use the same IPA file for both (E.G: iPhone and iPad) provided that all devices were registered with Xcode before signing the deb

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - KimKnott - 2016-03-01

(2016-02-29, 06:04)vitospeed Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 17:40)vitospeed Wrote: Same problem here, I purchased two apple tv 4 one a refurbish from Apple and one from Best Buy, the one from best buy no problem to install Kodi the refurb from Apple gave all sort of troubles:

I tryed both ways and it didn't work, but again the problem was only with the refurb. ATV4

Hi,

My friend has the same problem, when he bought four Apple TV4 (not refurb) We both tried on our Mac and we both got the same error on all four ATV4. Return and bought four ATV4 from Costco and installed Kodi without any errors. Costco has best and lowest prices for ATV4.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - lv99 - 2016-03-02

(2016-03-01, 03:03)KimKnott Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 06:04)vitospeed Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 05:56)lv99 Wrote: Each ATV4 needs owned provisioning profile. You CANNOT share IPA!

Hi,

My friend has the same problem, when he bought four Apple TV4 (not refurb) We both tried on our Mac and we both got the same error on all four ATV4. Return and bought four ATV4 from Costco and installed Kodi without any errors. Costco has best and lowest prices for ATV4.

Radioshack sell it for only $174 with free 6ft high speed HDMI cable, and Costco has ATV4 64GB for $189. How can Costco has lowest prices??

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Cougar 1 - 2016-03-02

(2016-03-02, 00:00)lv99 Wrote:
(2016-03-01, 03:03)KimKnott Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 06:04)vitospeed Wrote: I tryed both ways and it didn't work, but again the problem was only with the refurb. ATV4

Hi,

Radioshack sell it for only $174 with free 6ft high speed HDMI cable, and Costco has ATV4 64GB for $189. How can Costco has lowest prices??

Depends on where you are, No RadioShack in Canada anymore, it is now called "The Source". They sell the ATV 4 for $199.99 while Costco sells for $194.99 CAD. So yes, here in Canada Costco is less (barely).

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Cougar 1 - 2016-03-03

Update: Got my new ATV 4 to replace the refurb unit that would not install Kodi; No issues what so ever with the new unit, installed without problems. Must have been something wrong with the old unit.Big Grin

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - nhoop38 - 2016-03-03

I'm running iPad 4 with iOS 9.2.1
with side loaded kodi 15.2 works great
i tried to load kodi 16 from the kodi DEB using the app signer
it loads on to iPad the same way 15.2 did but i cannot open the app once on iPad
anyone seen this?
I've got kodi 16 on every other device just need the iPad to work

any help would be great
thanks
nhoop38

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - giub1981 - 2016-03-03

There are a few of us on here with the same issue nhoop38. I have it with my iPad. It was working great on my iPhone but since I have tried to put it on my iPad, Kodi on the iPhone has now stopped working. I have tried the solutions that some have posted on here but still no luck. HELP HELP HELP!!!!

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - sasagr - 2016-03-04

Today I wanted to update the kodi on my ATV using the usual procedure and iOS App signer I get this message: "No codesigning certificates found!"

In Xcode everything seems to be in order and I do not think that 90 days passed for signature/profile to expire in my free dev account.

Any idea on what I should do?

thanks to advise

EDIT: solved... http://dantheman827.github.io/ios-app-signer/troubleshooting/#tab-bar

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - xmatic - 2016-03-05

Can anyone confirm what happens after the 90 days free dev account? Will you be unable to sideload anything into the atv 4 if this happens? I've been reading and trying to search and haven't found a legit answer yet. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2016-03-05

(2016-03-05, 02:32)xmatic Wrote: Can anyone confirm what happens after the 90 days free dev account? Will you be unable to sideload anything into the atv 4 if this happens? I've been reading and trying to search and haven't found a legit answer yet. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer.

Kodi will simply refuse to launch and you'll have to re-sign and install the re-signed version

You can simulate this by setting the device clock 90 days into the future... It will just say it's expired

Your account will still be valid, it's just that the signing for the app is only good for 90 days at a time

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - quicksand - 2016-03-06

Hi, Can i see the log of the last firmware for atv4?changes?