Kodi Community Forum
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) (/showthread.php?tid=245978)

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - ineedhelpplease - 2016-03-24

code signing certificate error

Hello,
I am trying to Code Sign an App and sideload it to my Apple TV 4. The problem now is that when I use the iOS App Signer program, I always get an error saying that '"I have an error with the code-signing certificate. How can I solve this? I need immediate help.. I have been on this for more than twenty hours, but I can't get the problem solved... ;(

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2016-03-25

(2016-03-24, 22:23)ineedhelpplease Wrote: code signing certificate error

Hello,
I am trying to Code Sign an App and sideload it to my Apple TV 4. The problem now is that when I use the iOS App Signer program, I always get an error saying that '"I have an error with the code-signing certificate. How can I solve this? I need immediate help.. I have been on this for more than twenty hours, but I can't get the problem solved... ;(

Well first off, do you have the newest version of iOS App Signer? (v1.8)

This version added an automatic fix for the most common certificate issue.

Did you try to manually trust your certificate in keychain?

If that's the case set it back to default (manually trusting doesn't work)

Assuming that you tried the automatic fix from iOS App Signer and that didn't work I would suggest you try completely resetting the Xcode certificates

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - bmendes - 2016-03-25

Just updated to the newer Kodi build for tvOS. In App Signer, I select the profile and it still says Created 2/13, expires 5/13. which was when i did it last. How do I make it so it expires 3 months from todays date and not 5/13. Sorry....am just new to all this.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2016-03-26

(2016-03-25, 22:50)bmendes Wrote: Just updated to the newer Kodi build for tvOS. In App Signer, I select the profile and it still says Created 2/13, expires 5/13. which was when i did it last. How do I make it so it expires 3 months from todays date and not 5/13. Sorry....am just new to all this.

You can try opening finder and then go to the folder ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles and delete everything inside there (Use command shift g for go to)

Then if you open up the Xcode project you should see the fix issue button

Xcode may extend it or it may not... You can't really force it if it doesn't (at least not without invalidating any other provisioning profiles)

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - sqig - 2016-03-26

Hello Dan.
I have just tried your method from post 544. Mine also runs out mid May.
After I click to fix issue, I get a message An App Id with identifier "xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" is not available , Please enter a different string.
I have been using 19/03 Alpha with top self working.
What am I doing wrong ?
Thank you.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - MrMC - 2016-03-26

Xcode and multiple identical named Provisioning Profiles, seems it gets confused.

Specially when you have a Provisioning Profiles that replace an older one. Xcode keeps them all and does not even show a date, just a long list. You can delete them from inside Xcode but you have no indication which is valid, which is not.

Do a right-click, show in finder, there you can see date and then use Xcode to delete old ones.

Xcode really needs a better way to manage them, this exact issue has bit me several times and I'd rather not drop the big nuke and remove them all.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - dereklad - 2016-03-26

My kodi got deleted after update also..that new app signer is it sopposed to be a large window as apposed to the smaller box window in the previous version..just asking thanks cos im having a right game here reinstalling..

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - bmendes - 2016-03-26

So there really is no way to renew it? When I tried to delete them, it gave me that error too, so I put them back.

Will it just randomly renew by the time the 3 months is over? I was hoping I could just renew for another 3 months whenever I resigned Kodi.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - KVFinn - 2016-03-28

I installed Kodi v17 on my Apple TV 4 last week but I obviously missed this. so, my Kodi will expire in a few months time? and then what? will I have to install it again and will I loose everything?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - MrMC - 2016-03-28

(2016-03-28, 13:59)KVFinn Wrote: I installed Kodi v17 on my Apple TV 4 last week but I obviously missed this. so, my Kodi will expire in a few months time? and then what? will I have to install it again and will I loose everything?

See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=245978 , read and comprehend the very 1st post, specially the Q&A section.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - KVFinn - 2016-03-28

(2016-03-28, 14:15)MrMC Wrote: See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=245978 , read and comprehend the very 1st post, specially the Q&A section.

so, I have to repeat steps 3-12 every time it expires?
and what happens when Kodi expires? it stops working or it dissapears?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2016-03-28

(2016-03-28, 14:39)KVFinn Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 14:15)MrMC Wrote: See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=245978 , read and comprehend the very 1st post, specially the Q&A section.

so, I have to repeat steps 3-12 every time it expires?
and what happens when Kodi expires? it stops working or it dissapears?

Correct.

Kodi will just stop working after the provisioning profile expires

At that point you just re-sign and re-install and that will be good for another 90 days (1 year if you're a paying developer)

ok, thanks.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - jay7522 - 2016-03-29

Hi, I am having problem with iOS App Signer. I can select the xcodeproject, it's in the created folder but not optional to select. what can I do? please help.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - bmendes - 2016-03-30

Can anyone help? Is there not a way to renew the provisioning profile for another 3 months?

Also, is Stalker Client in Kodi fully compatible with MrMC? I may use that as a backup option.