Kodi Community Forum
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) (/showthread.php?tid=245978)

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Memphiz - 2016-11-06

from whenever you sign the app...

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Japgeisha - 2016-11-06

thank you

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - FatBastard1971 - 2016-11-07

I am new to Kodi and need some help.

I am trying to put Kodi on my Apple TV 4. I am using the newest Xcode and the newest iOS App Signer.

Everything worked perfectly until the very end when I got the following message "the executable was signed with invalid entitlements"

Anyone experience this before? I am hoping someone can help.

I apologize if this has already been answered before.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - hackertom - 2016-11-11

Can anyone help me with this error??

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Grondaag - 2016-11-12

Hi,

In iOS App Signer, I'm not able to see any entries under the Provisioning Profile pulldown menu after I build my Xcode Kodi project. I only have the option to 'Re-Sign Only' or 'Choose Custom File'. I have a developer account so my Apple ID account is working properly. I also updated the proper certificates in Keychain Access (Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority).

If I run it with Re-Sign Only, which is what it defaults to if there is no valid profile, the result is that when I go to install the IPA on my Apple TV, it ends the process with the message: 'App Installation Failed. The application could not be verified'.

I tried opening a provisioning profile using the 'Choose Custom File' by reading in the *.mobileprovision file from /Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profile, and this had no effect. (Not sure if that even makes sense as something to try).

I'm using Xcode 8.1 and I'm using 'Automatically Manage Signing' as the signing option.

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Eileen - 2016-11-15

Would really love to know what your "further bash fixes" are as I am having the same issues that you were having.

Thanks!

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - iamvoldemort - 2016-11-15

(2016-11-12, 20:31)Grondaag Wrote: Hi,

In iOS App Signer, I'm not able to see any entries under the Provisioning Profile pulldown menu after I build my Xcode Kodi project. I only have the option to 'Re-Sign Only' or 'Choose Custom File'. I have a developer account so my Apple ID account is working properly. I also updated the proper certificates in Keychain Access (Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority).

If I run it with Re-Sign Only, which is what it defaults to if there is no valid profile, the result is that when I go to install the IPA on my Apple TV, it ends the process with the message: 'App Installation Failed. The application could not be verified'.

I tried opening a provisioning profile using the 'Choose Custom File' by reading in the *.mobileprovision file from /Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profile, and this had no effect. (Not sure if that even makes sense as something to try).

I'm using Xcode 8.1 and I'm using 'Automatically Manage Signing' as the signing option.

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you find a fix? I am having the same issue.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Kib - 2016-11-18

He was spamming links to a website. Account deleted.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Kib - 2016-11-18

(2016-11-15, 06:40)Eileen Wrote: Would really love to know what your "further bash fixes" are as I am having the same issues that you were having.

Thanks!

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2016-11-26

To those with an error with iOS App Signer, try opening terminal and running the command xcode-select --install

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Westcoastsosa - 2016-11-26

I've got kodi installed but there's a few things I'm trying to do.
I edited the home.xml in the .ipa to remove the kodi icon in the top left corner of the home screen.
I also made a few other changes that don't seem to have gone thru. I changed the splash screen to a black screen which didn't work. Does any one know of a way to get this to stay? Also is there a way to change the name of the app and change the app icon?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Westcoastsosa - 2016-11-27

I've figured a way to rename the app back to xbmc. But I'm running into issues trying to change the app icon, shelf image, and the splash image when opening kodi. Does anyone have a kodi tv os .xcodeproj file? If i can get my hands on it i was able to change the 3 options stated above in xcode with a test app.

iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2016-11-27

(2016-11-27, 03:06)Westcoastsosa Wrote: I've figured a way to rename the app back to xbmc. But I'm running into issues trying to change the app icon, shelf image, and the splash image when opening kodi. Does anyone have a kodi tv os .xcodeproj file? If i can get my hands on it i was able to change the 3 options stated above in xcode with a test app.

To make the changes your referring to you could just extract the deb or ipa file and modify the files within

The name can be changed right from iOS App Signer by setting the display name and I believe the splash screen image used is stored in the same folder as Info.plist

There is a limit to how much you can actually customize Kodi without checking out the GitHub repository and compiling everything from scratch...

I'm curious though... why do you want to rename the app back to xbmc?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - 54beetle - 2016-11-27

hi
i still have the issue where i cannot see a provisioning profile in IOS signer.... am i missing something??

Would it matter that Xcode shows my signing certificate as 'iPhone developer ....etc?

iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2016-11-27

(2016-11-27, 03:39)54beetle Wrote: hi
i still have the issue where i cannot see a provisioning profile in IOS signer.... am i missing something??

Would it matter that Xcode shows my signing certificate as 'iPhone developer ....etc?

Could you copy the app signer log to pastebin.com and share the link?