Kodi Community Forum
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) (/showthread.php?tid=245978)

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Westcoastsosa - 2016-11-27

(2016-11-27, 03:18)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2016-11-27, 03:06)Westcoastsosa Wrote: I've figured a way to rename the app back to xbmc. But I'm running into issues trying to change the app icon, shelf image, and the splash image when opening kodi. Does anyone have a kodi tv os .xcodeproj file? If i can get my hands on it i was able to change the 3 options stated above in xcode with a test app.

To make the changes your referring to you could just extract the deb or ipa file and modify the files within

The name can be changed right from iOS App Signer by setting the display name and I believe the splash screen image used is stored in the same folder as Info.plist

There is a limit to how much you can actually customize Kodi without checking out the GitHub repository and compiling everything from scratch...

I'm curious though... why do you want to rename the app back to xbmc?

Hey thanks for the reply. Using the app signer is how I changed the name. I also edited the .ipa before installing but the changes didn't go thru, i'll give it another try to see if it works. And no reason really(OCD) lol, just got used to calling it xbmc and I have it hooked up to a xbox so "xbox media center" seems to go well lol.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - 54beetle - 2016-11-28

here you go Dan:-

http://pastebin.com/4uY1yMer

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - 54beetle - 2016-12-02

Hi Dan, any help on the above?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - kavy - 2016-12-02

(2016-11-11, 22:30)hackertom Wrote: Can anyone help me with this error??

Oddly enough I am now having this issue. 4 apple tvs never had a problem but now that is all i get when i used my iPhone distribution profile.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - kavy - 2016-12-02

To Update the above, I was able to get it to work using my iPhone developer certificate (vs distribution which I used before) and a developer provisioning profile (vs distribution). Both put the date 1 year from the install date vs my developer account expiry date. I have been unsuccessful with developer profiles previously and only been able to get it working with distribution so I am somewhat confused on why it changed.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Westcoastsosa - 2016-12-04

Hey sorry to be a bother. But i've figured out how to edit the files I was asking about in the .ipa by changing to a .zip and editing the contents in the payload folder. What I am wondering now is how do I make these changes stay when installing the .ipa?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Harley Ben - 2016-12-13

This jailbreak thing works on with kodi?? Wow!

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2016-12-15

(2016-12-13, 12:12)Harley Ben Wrote: This jailbreak thing works on with kodi?? Wow!
When I made this app I originally made it to make installing Kod on non-jail broken devices easier

Being usable for other apps was just a bonus Smile

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - 54beetle - 2016-12-18

Dan - are you able to help with my issue? thanks

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - [email protected] - 2016-12-20

Help!!!
Have been trying to install Kodi on Apple TV and for some reason, App Signer does not let me choose custom file.
When I open the provisioning profile and try to change from Re-Sign Only, does not appear on the srcroll down window and if I select the file manually it keeps me opening all the elements within the folder until I get to a dead end..

Did anyone had this problem also?

Confused

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Macpatto - 2016-12-22

opps! empty..

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Macpatto - 2016-12-22

(2016-12-20, 02:45)[email protected] Wrote: Help!!!
Have been trying to install Kodi on Apple TV and for some reason, App Signer does not let me choose custom file.
When I open the provisioning profile and try to change from Re-Sign Only, does not appear on the srcroll down window and if I select the file manually it keeps me opening all the elements within the folder until I get to a dead end..

Did anyone had this problem also?

Confused

While you have Xcode still open and after creating your file with Apple tv 4 still connected to it, then open App signer and you'll be able to sign it.
Once done and you have saved it to folder you will aways use, you'll go back to Xcode and under Window -> Devices and click on the left panel on Apple tv and should be able to load it to the box.

Hope I was clear and helpful.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - frankie666 - 2016-12-26

Dear all, I am trying to install kodi on my iphone but it does not work. I got this message... any idea?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Frankie666

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Westcoastsosa - 2016-12-28

Hello everyone! Loving kodi on the Apple TV4. I am however trying to make it a little more personalized. I opened the Kodi .ipa with unarchiver and got a payload folder, I then modified certain files within. Can anyone tell me how to convert the new payload folder back to .ipa for sideloading?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - JackOh - 2016-12-29

(2016-12-28, 19:55)Westcoastsosa Wrote: Hello everyone! Loving kodi on the Apple TV4. I am however trying to make it a little more personalized. I opened the Kodi .ipa with unarchiver and got a payload folder, I then modified certain files within. Can anyone tell me how to convert the new payload folder back to .ipa for sideloading?

I think you can open the IPA with WinRAR or similar. Then you can change the files and drop it back into the folders. I have done this for MAME ROMS and it works perfectly.