Kodi Community Forum
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) (/showthread.php?tid=245978)

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - arsandz - 2017-09-05

(2017-09-04, 10:21)kuzn Wrote: resign it and upload it to your Apple TV.

I tried "re-sign ony" and came up with an error (below) when I tried to install, then I tried re-signing with my developer certificate and I came up with an error again when I tried to reinstall. Thoughts as to why this would be the case?

This app contains an app extension with an illegal bundle identifier. App extension bundle identifiers must have a prefix consisting of their containing application's bundle identifier followed by a '.'.

Edit: I've tried this a few times now, restarted the computer and ATV, verified iOS signer is up to date, Xcode is up to date, not sure what the issue is. I've followed your instructions exactly but I'm still receiving that error. I signed the IPA, zipped, extracted, edited plst, compressed, resigned, and the error came up. I also tried changing the .deb file to .zip, extract, edit the plst, compress, sign in iOS app, and attempt to install on the ATV, but the same error comes up. Not sure what's going on...

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Chuck_Chuckington - 2017-09-07

Having issues side loading Kodi I am currently running iOS 11 beta and have downloaded the 64bit 17.4 version of Lodi I follow all the steps correct but when I go to add it I get internal api error is there something I’m missing?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Macpatto - 2017-09-21

@ DanTheMan, Hey bud. hope things are good.. just wanted to ask if there is an update for IOS 11. I did an update on my iPad to IOS11 and now I cannot open Kodi until the developer has updated the file..
What are the chances for us testers to have them updated to the latest IOS11?
Thank you and keep up the good work.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2017-09-21

(2017-09-21, 23:30)Macpatto Wrote: @ DanTheMan, Hey bud. hope things are good.. just wanted to ask if there is an update for IOS 11. I did an update on my iPad to IOS11 and now I cannot open Kodi until the developer has updated the file..

Kodi already has a compatible version for iOS and tvOS 11

The iOS version can be found from the official download page, download the ARM64 version.

The Apple TV version has also been updated to work with the newest tvOS version.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Macpatto - 2017-09-21

(2017-09-21, 23:33)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2017-09-21, 23:30)Macpatto Wrote: @ DanTheMan, Hey bud. hope things are good.. just wanted to ask if there is an update for IOS 11. I did an update on my iPad to IOS11 and now I cannot open Kodi until the developer has updated the file..

Kodi already has a compatible version for iOS and tvOS 11

The iOS version can be found from the official download page, download the ARM64 version.

The Apple TV version has also been updated to work with the newest tvOS version.

ouhmm Ok.. I will try sometime this weekend..
Thanks!

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2017-09-21

(2017-09-05, 02:06)xmatic Wrote: Quick question, noob here, but i've posted and have been reading for a while. Can anyone clarify or elaborate on the following, can you install kodi on apple tv 4 without developer account or paying for any signing service? also are routine re-installations required? I'm contemplating selling my apple tv 4 that i've owned for months still sealed in box, but If i would be required to re install after 90 days or short time limit I rather not utilize this as my main kodi box. Can anyone share how far are we with apple tv 4 and kodi support?

You can install Kodi on an Apple TV without paying for a developer account, you do need a free developer account though if you can't jailbreak your Apple TV 4.

The restriction on the free account is that the install is only good for 7 days at which you'll need to re-sign and install on your device again.

The current version available for the Apple TV 4 is quite usable, but due to the small user base and the fact that Memphiz is the main Apple developer for Kodi, it appears that it may not continue to be updated past version 17 (correct me if I'm wrong on this)

Signing error when trying to sign app - Steverae - 2017-10-07

Hi Dan

Hope you are well, I posted a comment on the github (issue 56) as I have started getting error since updating to Mac OS 10.13 (High Sierra)

I noticed in the change log that your app does not get support for 10.13 and wondered if that is why these errors are happening.

I had a fresh install of 10.13 with Xcode 9.1 and could sign and install my test app onto any of my test devices directly from Xcode but when trying to sign a precompiled deb file using your app with the exact same cert and prov profile, I get this error.

This also fails using cydia impactor too

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Steverae - 2017-10-07

Update

ive rolled my MacBook Pro back to 10.12 Seirra and all is working again.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - kavy - 2017-10-09

I can confirm it fails on High Sierra as I just gave it a try.

Dan do you have plans on updating for High Sierra? I saw in the other thread HEVC is becoming closer to reality and that update will be one i jump all over on day one but im already on high sierra. I appreciate the effort you put into this app and I have zero issue of rolling back if needed.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - DanTheMan827 - 2017-10-11

(2017-10-09, 04:16)kavy Wrote: I can confirm it fails on High Sierra as I just gave it a try.

Dan do you have plans on updating for High Sierra? I saw in the other thread HEVC is becoming closer to reality and that update will be one i jump all over on day one but im already on high sierra. I appreciate the effort you put into this app and I have zero issue of rolling back if needed.

First I have to actually install High Sierra...

My hackintosh only has Sierra on it at the moment, so I'll have to update that...

My actual mac isn't even technically compatible with High Sierra... gotta love Apple and artificial obsolescence... it can run it, but Apple didn't put the hardware ID in Sierra...

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Steverae - 2017-10-12

Ahhvthsts a shame Dan, if they’s anything I can do testing wise, I’m more than happy to help out

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - kavy - 2017-10-12

I also throw my help out there if needed.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - wmtasker - 2017-10-17

macOS 10.13, iOS 11.0.2, iOS App signer 1.9

When I try to install Kodi 17.2 on my iPad, I get the error "App installation failed, There was an internal API error"

It works on my other iPad with iOS 10.0.2.

Any thoughts?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - tuijn - 2017-10-20

Hi, I use a Apple TV 4 to run Kodi. Since some time you need to be a paid developer to run Kodi for more than 6 days. My best friend has a developer account with I can use, in that way I can run Kodi for a year. But when I'm installing Kodi with his account, it still doesn't work after 6 days.

Can someone tell me which steps I should take to get it fixed. Hope someone has some kind of guide.

Thanks a lot in advance.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - kavy - 2017-10-25

(2017-10-09, 04:16)kavy Wrote: I can confirm it fails on High Sierra as I just gave it a try.

Correct this statement. 

Dan the code signer is working just fine on High Sierra Developer Beta 4. I did not try it on any other developer beta but I can confirm it is working on this one.