Kodi Community Forum
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) (/showthread.php?tid=245978)

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - DanTheMan827 - 2015-11-15

Would someone with a wildcard provisioning profile mind sending it to me so I can figure out what my program is doing wrong when changing the app identifier?

I don't need the certificate, just the mobileprovision file

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - smiffy1989 - 2015-11-16

This is awesome Smile

Has anyone built a Jarvis deb?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - DanTheMan827 - 2015-11-16

(2015-11-16, 18:27)smiffy1989 Wrote: This is awesome Smile

Has anyone built a Jarvis deb?

Ask and you shall receive:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/darwin/ios/

Just be aware, these are nightlies and possibly won't even work.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - Zoom7000 - 2015-11-16

(2015-11-04, 20:25)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2015-11-04, 20:17)kdfannin Wrote: I was able to do this and install on my iPhone 6s, but now I'm trying to install on my 4th Gen iPad running 9.1 and when I goto devices and try to install I get the error. " App install failed. A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found."

I've updated step 2 of the directions

Basically:

2. Under the app properties, it should say "No matching provisioning profiles found", click "Fix Issue"
If you have additional devices
  • Plug in the device
  • Go to the Product Menu
  • Under Destination, select your device
  • Repeat step 2

You'll then have to continue from step 3 again

I've successfully installed Kodi on my iPad Air 2, but when I try to install it on my iPhone 6 Plus, I get the "A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found". I've followed the instructions in step 2 and still not had any luck Sad

Any ideas?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - DanTheMan827 - 2015-11-16

(2015-11-16, 21:32)Zoom7000 Wrote:
(2015-11-04, 20:25)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2015-11-04, 20:17)kdfannin Wrote: I was able to do this and install on my iPhone 6s, but now I'm trying to install on my 4th Gen iPad running 9.1 and when I goto devices and try to install I get the error. " App install failed. A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found."

I've updated step 2 of the directions

Basically:

2. Under the app properties, it should say "No matching provisioning profiles found", click "Fix Issue"
If you have additional devices
  • Plug in the device
  • Go to the Product Menu
  • Under Destination, select your device
  • Repeat step 2

You'll then have to continue from step 3 again

I've successfully installed Kodi on my iPad Air 2, but when I try to install it on my iPhone 6 Plus, I get the "A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found". I've followed the instructions in step 2 and still not had any luck Sad

Any ideas?

This error message leads me to believe that the provisioning profile didn't include both of your devices

On the first post steps 3-6 are the important ones here, they need to be done for each device you wish to install to.

After the iPhone is added to the provisioning profile, you'll need to re-run the App Signer

Future re-signs (the profiles expire after a few months) should be easier since you'll just need to update the provisioning profile from Xcode and re-sign using the app

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - pli6128 - 2015-11-16

Works like a charm Big Grin

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - Zoom7000 - 2015-11-16

(2015-11-16, 21:47)DanTheMan827 Wrote: This error message leads me to believe that the provisioning profile didn't include both of your devices

On the first post steps 3-6 are the important ones here, they need to be done for each device you wish to install to.

After the iPhone is added to the provisioning profile, you'll need to re-run the App Signer

Future re-signs (the profiles expire after a few months) should be easier since you'll just need to update the provisioning profile from Xcode and re-sign using the app

Not sure what the problem was, but I deleted the whole Xcode project and started from scratch and it worked this time. Thanks for your help and the instructions from the first post! Smile

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - jonmuss - 2015-11-17

Managed to get this working on both iPad Air and iPhone 6 Plus and all seems to be ok except for the 'failed to start common cache' error at startup after installing Music Box. If the profile only lasts for a few months does this mean that I have to re sign and re install the app on each device? Will it work with iOS 9.2 when it comes out?
Dantheman thanks for this it is great to get kodi on my iOS devices without jail breaking them and your guide is easy to follow.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - DanTheMan827 - 2015-11-17

(2015-11-17, 11:14)jonmuss Wrote: Managed to get this working on both iPad Air and iPhone 6 Plus and all seems to be ok except for the 'failed to start common cache' error at startup after installing Music Box. If the profile only lasts for a few months does this mean that I have to re sign and re install the app on each device? Will it work with iOS 9.2 when it comes out?
Dantheman thanks for this it is great to get kodi on my iOS devices without jail breaking them and your guide is easy to follow.

I think the common cache error may be from the plugin using some kind of binary that isn't signed and therefore iOS won't run it... (This is a limitation of not being jail broken)

Yes, when the profile expires you will need to re-do this process.

It should work when iOS 9.2 comes out assuming there are no compatibility issues with Kodi itself

I think they last about 3 or 4 months and at that point the app won't launch

You shouldn't lose any Kodi settings as long as you don't delete the app from the device

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - jonmuss - 2015-11-17

I think you are probably right re the failed to start common cache error as the same addon works fine on my jail broken iPad 2.
Thanks for letting me know how to update when the program fails to start, I would have probably deleted it!

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - robi42 - 2015-11-23

Just confirming that this will work on a Hackintosh, I did it on a GA-H97N-WIFI based system, El Capitan and iPhone 5S iOS 9.1, went really smoothly.
Thank you so much for this, no reason to jailbreak anymore.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - carlos vega - 2015-11-25

(2015-11-02, 07:22)DanTheMan827 Wrote: Ok, I've figured it out and updated the script on github.

It all comes down to the fact that I was writing entitlements as a binary plist and apparently the iPhone doesn't like those...

Now the script runs perfectly well and can download the deb, extract, sign, and repack an installable IPA file

(2015-11-02, 05:31)MrMC Wrote: pull the crash log using xcode and see where it is crashing. beats guessing.

The app wasn't even generating a crash log, I checked...

hey #DanTheMan827 you are the Man !! ...i am having some trouble installing koi into some of my other devices ,i did install into 2 devices Smile they work great.i keep getting this* A invalid provisioning profile was not found.? i tried to restart the whole process again and still the same problem..i even erased everything that has to do with me trying to install kodi, can you help me please?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - carlos vega - 2015-11-25

and now i tried so many times that iOS app signer has so many provisioning profiles.. don't know which one to use!.. so complex by now

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - jdf76 - 2015-11-25

Hi DanTheMan! I have a couple of questions. I apologize if i seem clueless. I currently have a developer account (paid), so i grabbed the deb package from the nightlies.

I'm being completely clueless, It turns out i was running Xcode 7.0.1 still.

Thanks!
Jeff

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - ozzier - 2015-11-26

Has anybody tried this process on an Apple TV3? If so, any luck?

Cheers,
Ozzie