Kodi Community Forum
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) (/showthread.php?tid=245978)

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - wessidetempest - 2020-02-02

I am not enjoying this. So another year and another certificate renewal. I probably should have done this in November like my calendar reminder told me too but I was busy. ANYWAY...
This time around much of above was still true BUT there are some key elements that changed that make it so it is slightly different.
  1. Xcode layout update is slightly different. By default when you open the screen you have to look at the top of the screen (Not the menu items at top of monitor) for General, Signing & Capabilities, Resource Tags, etc.   There is where you will find your Apple ID, Team Name, certificates etc.
  2. I had to go into my dev account and reset my devices. It warns you that it could count against your total number of devices. In my case it did not as it was the same device.
  3. I ended up removing my ID from Xcode and reinstating it AFTER doing #2. After that everything synced up and I was able to go forward with iOS App Signer as normal
  4. I had to unpair my device and pair it up.  It actually took like 4x to have it pair up properly. WARNING. If you use another device to communicate with your ATV (iPhone, pad, car keys, etc.) do not use that device during pairing as it will screw it up.  It took a long time for it to pair up so be patient. Installing Kodi took a while too but that is normal as I have to do it wirelessly

At this point I am putting serious consideration into changing to a small Windows based unit.  I'm a lifelong Apple'er but this is ridiculous. I feel like I am going the long way around but I have not come across a faster, more reliable, not "donating" to other apps or plugins that don't really work.  Maybe it is faster if I get to this before the certificate expires but from everything I can find that doesn't seem to matter.

I'd be interested in pro feedback that can speak to a simpleton like myself

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - kavy - 2020-09-03

You are are doing it the massively hard way.

1. Create a new certificate with Apple, all devices are now on one certificate so you don’t need to do an iOS and TvOS developer anymore.

2. Use that certificate to create a new provisioning profile with your devices.

3. Download both.

4. Double click on your new certificate to add it to your system.

5. Open iOS signer and sign kodi with the new provisioning profile. It should automatically select your signing certificate, if it does not then select the certificate you downloaded.

6. You are Done.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Janrover - 2021-02-25

It works for me

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - 0141 - 2021-05-17

hi guys, I've been able to get to the point of loading it onto my phone after using app signer etc on Xcode 12, however it just won't install and only gets to 75% of the circle before greying out. any ideas how to install it on iOs 14.4?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Aduliatko194 - 2021-11-28

[font][font]Dobrý deň som tu nová a len včera som si nainštalovala za pomoci Kodi do TV. Vie mi niekto poradiť ako ho dostať do iphone 13?
ďakujem[/font][/font]

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - TheRedeemer - 2022-01-05

Any chance we can get a new version of iOS App Signer that can address this issue internally?:

iOS 15 signing shenanigans.  Every time crApple pushes out a new major version, signing gets screwed up in some way.

After signing kodi.ipa using ios app signer, Xcode devices and simulators threw error "The code signature version is no longer supported".

user on Stackoverflow said "Apple has changed the codesign signature to include DER encoded entitlements in addition to the plist encoded entitlements. This additional DER encoded entitlements section is required in iOS 15 and becomes the default behavior of codesign in the latest Xcode. To use codesign on an older machines with an older version of Xcode add the --generate-entitlement-der flag to your call to codesign."

So after signing with iOS App signer I have to go extract Payload folder from Kodi.ipa then run:

codesign -s "CERTIFICATE_NAME" -f --preserve-metadata --generate-entitlement-der ./Payload/Kodi.app

then zip it back up

zip -ru kodi_resigned.ipa Payload

Finally Xcode will sideload it

reference URL https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68467306/the-code-signature-version-is-no-longer-supported

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - MoshePupkin - 2022-03-11

I followed the steps to install it on the latest Apple TV and keep getting the "unable to install" message...any ideas?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - kambala - 2022-03-12

(2022-03-11, 21:37)MoshePupkin Wrote: I followed the steps to install it on the latest Apple TV and keep getting the "unable to install" message...any ideas?

please check troubleshooting steps from https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=353308

also: which macOS version do you have and which Xcode version you're using?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - nkbghost - 2022-10-03

I am having extreme difficulty installing on Apple TV as well - I am using latest Monterey and Xcode 14. I do not think iOS App Signer is working for these versions? I also had trouble following the guide with Apples many updates to GUI -

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - nkbghost - 2022-10-03

(2022-03-12, 15:49)kambala Wrote:
(2022-03-11, 21:37)MoshePupkin Wrote: I followed the steps to install it on the latest Apple TV and keep getting the "unable to install" message...any ideas?

please check troubleshooting steps from https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=353308

This is the step where I can no
longer continue due to iOS App Signer not working on latest Xcode. Is latest KODI version sideload to Apple TV 4k still possible on latest updates?

Thanks. With a clear explanation of how this is possible I wouldn't mind documenting with screenshots for updated guide

Step 15: Open iOS App Signer, drag and drop "TVOSTopShelf.appex" in the "Input File" field, select the signing certificate corresponding to your Apple account, select the provisioning profile "com.yourusername.kodi.kodi-topshelf", then click on "Start". When the process has finished close iOS App Signer.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - kambala - 2022-10-03

app signer doesn't really depend on Xcode version, it works with any. Sideloading is still possible.

so have you managed to sideload?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - LouMartins - 2023-03-14

Hi guys! Will this work for the new Apple TV 4K 2022? Thx

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - kambala - 2023-03-14

(2023-03-14, 01:19)LouMartins Wrote: Hi guys! Will this work for the new Apple TV 4K 2022? Thx

yes, it's device agnostic

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - kambala - 2023-09-23

(2023-09-22, 15:33)Aakriti Wrote:
(2015-11-15, 03:01)DanTheMan827 Wrote: Would someone with a wildcard provisioning profile mind sending it to me so I can figure out what my program is doing wrong when changing the app identifier?

Hi friend
I'm looking for assistance with a wildcard deployment profile! If anyone could share theirs, it would be really helpful in solving my app identifier problems. Interaction in the development community is fantastic!

sharing a profile wouldn't help you as you also need the private key

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Pienoet - 2023-12-18

(2022-03-12, 15:49)kambala Wrote:

What version macos an xcode is needed?