Kodi Community Forum
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS) (/showthread.php?tid=245978)

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - Jsalas - 2015-11-27

I have an iPhone 6 so plus. I don't know anything about code. I'm more of a push to install person. So.. Can anyone help me get lodi on my phone? please.

iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - mikkelnl - 2015-11-28

(2015-11-10, 03:48)Redwingsfansfc Wrote: DTM - you live up to your name. Was able to install no issues, on IPAD MINI 2, and with the insert of the Advancedsettings.xml - the wife stopped nagging for now. So to you sir, I tip my hat. Brilliant.

Could you help me? I have no idea how to put in my Advancedsettings.xml file......?

Edit:
Never mind, used iexplore Smile

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - jdf76 - 2015-11-30

ok i've re-read the instructions about 20 times, downloaded a new fresh copy but it doesn't seem to like my provisioning profile.

When i choose the deb file i leave the bottom 2 option blank in the iOS App Signer. It runs w/o any problems. But when i go to install it it just says "A Valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.

I did see where you said a wild card had to have the original Application ID, which is why i left the bottom 2 blank of the IOS Signer app.

I would love to see this work, so if anyone would point me in the right direction i'd be very grateful!

Thank you!
Jeff

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - DanTheMan827 - 2015-11-30

(2015-11-30, 05:23)jdf76 Wrote: ok i've re-read the instructions about 20 times, downloaded a new fresh copy but it doesn't seem to like my provisioning profile.

When i choose the deb file i leave the bottom 2 option blank in the iOS App Signer. It runs w/o any problems. But when i go to install it it just says "A Valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.

I did see where you said a wild card had to have the original Application ID, which is why i left the bottom 2 blank of the IOS Signer app.

I would love to see this work, so if anyone would point me in the right direction i'd be very grateful!

Thank you!
Jeff

I only have a free developer account so I don't have access to a wildcard provisioning profile

If you're using a wildcard profile, try to use a non-wildcard profile (I don't have one since I'm not a paid dev)

If that still doesn't work, post the app log which you can get to from the view menu

There's a bug with wildcard profiles but I don't have one to test with in order to fix it

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - jdf76 - 2015-11-30

I got it to work with my other icloud account. I'm sure the problem was with my provision profile. If you'd like me to work with you to get that working pm me and i'll do what ever you need.

Thank you for your help!

Jeff

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - norickabe28 - 2015-12-07

Any plan to run Kodi on the new Apple TV?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - DanTheMan827 - 2015-12-07

(2015-12-07, 20:31)norickabe28 Wrote: Any plan to run Kodi on the new Apple TV?

There is a sticky about this

I believe that MrMC has a fork of Kodi which has certain features removed so that it even has a chance of being let into the app store and has been submitted for review

I'm pretty sure a version of Kodi that can be side loaded using Xcode (and my App Signer) should follow sometime after

At the very least, the price of MrMC on the app store will be $5.99 for early adopters and $9.99 thereafter (the fee is to pay for the codec licenses, it will still however be open source)

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - norickabe28 - 2015-12-07

Yes. Can be an option and the price is really fair. I will miss some removed features in MrMC so, let´s wait for a side loaded version.

Thanks!

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - SONY007 - 2015-12-08

I've got Kodi installed on my non jailbroken device but what I've been trying to do is restore from a backup that I had saved on my WD mycloud which is what I would normally do, but for some reason when I go to install from zip and then windows network smb it sees my device but won't connect. Have I forgotten to tick a box somewhere or change a setting maybe?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - jdf76 - 2015-12-09

Can you connect to a SMB network share by going to the file manager and then going to windows share?

(2015-12-08, 22:58)SONY007 Wrote: I've got Kodi installed on my non jailbroken device but what I've been trying to do is restore from a backup that I had saved on my WD mycloud which is what I would normally do, but for some reason when I go to install from zip and then windows network smb it sees my device but won't connect. Have I forgotten to tick a box somewhere or change a setting maybe?

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - decommended - 2015-12-09

Hi guys! I'm new to KODI, I currently am running an older version of OSX on my Mac - 10.7.5 - do you have an

Version of App signer as this one won't let me extract it without updating my software.

Thanks

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - DanTheMan827 - 2015-12-09

(2015-12-09, 09:07)decommended Wrote: Hi guys! I'm new to KODI, I currently am running an older version of OSX on my Mac - 10.7.5 - do you have an

Version of App signer as this one won't let me extract it without updating my software.

Thanks

The app is only compatible with 10.9 and up (sorry) since it was written with swift

Also, in order to install to your device with a free developer account you need 10.10 or newer and Xcode 7

I am wondering though, why don't you just install the OS X update? It is free after all

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - SONY007 - 2015-12-09

(2015-12-09, 01:01)jdf76 Wrote: Can you connect to a SMB network share by going to the file manager and then going to windows share?

(2015-12-08, 22:58)SONY007 Wrote: I've got Kodi installed on my non jailbroken device but what I've been trying to do is restore from a backup that I had saved on my WD mycloud which is what I would normally do, but for some reason when I go to install from zip and then windows network smb it sees my device but won't connect. Have I forgotten to tick a box somewhere or change a setting maybe?

It does the same thing, it sees the device but the 'timeout error message' appears when I try to access the folder.

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - realabs - 2015-12-09

Trying to run iOS App Singer.app , but nothing happens. It doesn't run and frozen. Do you have any ideas about the reason?

OS X 10.11.2 (15C50)

RE: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak - StuMcBill - 2015-12-09

I've managed to get this installed no problem!

I just have a couple of questions,

1. Can this be done with other .deb files as well?
2. How do you go about installing add-ons on this without access to the iOS file system?

Cheers
Stewart