Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 6 - Isengard - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 6 - Isengard (/showthread.php?tid=246092)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 6 - Isengard - ketterer - 2015-11-17

Is there a reason that widgits that deal with local content (like recently added) need an internet connection or they seem to now display any information?

and is there a way to make them work without an internet connection, My main rig doesnt have a connection during the day till late in the evening so all the widgets just say (busy).

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 6 - Isengard - huizingajm - 2015-11-17

I just noticed that the 2.0 for audio info is staggered a bit. Seems like each part of 2.0 is slightly higher than the first part. I only noticed it when using my computer not when using my RPi2.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 6 - Isengard - TonyPh12345 - 2015-11-17

(2015-11-17, 16:41)mgmcube Wrote: Does anyone have a fix for this problem?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=246092&pid=2161241#pid2161241

Take a screenshot using Kodi's built-in instead of using a camera. If the artifacts aren't in that screenshot, it's probably a hardware problem and nothing to do with the skin.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 6 - Isengard - exyron - 2015-11-17

hi,

First of all, great work with this skin, i love it.

Well i am using mq5 from long ago, and i am trying mq6 and have some doubts,

in mq5 when you are in movies, or tv series in main menu you can select the widgets with a red button in the middle of the screen.

You can choose, random, in progress, or recent (movies or series) just with a click so you can fast change to see what you have in progress o the new elements that have been added to the library.

Also the last element in progress was on the first place in every case.

Now we have the "flexible widgets" and i can choose only one option or maybe 2 if i use custom mode. Indeed i have lots of options to choose in but i prefer the behaviour in mq5 so its easy for my family to use.

Is there any add-on, mode, option to replicate the last mq5 behaviour or i have to get used to deal with a only 1 line of widgets?

Any solution other than staying on the last xbmc version (13.2) and mq5? By now its working great for me and i am wondering if there is a proper motivation to upgrade or not.

Also i have to say thanks to the autor marcos Qui, so now this new version mq6 works in my samsung tablet wether other previous versions never did.

But i have to ask him to improve the touch screen support, i have activated the touchscreen support but you can't get into the "flexible widgets" options.. because you haven't the arrow to go UP.. Maybe he can improve in newer versions or maybe in mq7 so we can use at least tablets to watch our multimedia everywere at home.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor english.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 6 - Isengard - mgmcube - 2015-11-17

(2015-11-17, 18:17)TonyPh12345 Wrote:
(2015-11-17, 16:41)mgmcube Wrote: Does anyone have a fix for this problem?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=246092&pid=2161241#pid2161241

Take a screenshot using Kodi's built-in instead of using a camera. If the artifacts aren't in that screenshot, it's probably a hardware problem and nothing to do with the skin.

This is the result of the kodi screenshot:

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 6 - Isengard - willemd - 2015-11-17

(2015-11-17, 18:35)exyron Wrote: First of all, great work with this skin, i love it.

Well i am using mq5 from long ago, and i am trying mq6 and have some doubts,

in mq5 when you are in movies, or tv series in main menu you can select the widgets with a red button in the middle of the screen.

You can choose, random, in progress, or recent (movies or series) just with a click so you can fast change to see what you have in progress o the new elements that have been added to the library.

Also the last element in progress was on the first place in every case.

Now we have the "flexible widgets" and i can choose only one option or maybe 2 if i use custom mode. Indeed i have lots of options to choose in but i prefer the behaviour in mq5 so its easy for my family to use.

Is there any add-on, mode, option to replicate the last mq5 behaviour or i have to get used to deal with a only 1 line of widgets?

Any solution other than staying on the last xbmc version (13.2) and mq5? By now its working great for me and i am wondering if there is a proper motivation to upgrade or not.

I think MQ5 was made for Helix (v14), but a user named Scott made great mods in this forum to make it work with v15 (Isengard) and even v16 (Jarvis, still in beta). Then again, for many users there isn't that much improved since version 13 to be honest.

Anyway, your question is the one remaining question that I also have.

The new MQ6 widgets look great, they give more information than the old ones and there are many more options. But I liked the MQ5 widgets better, because of that left item in the lists. It seems impossible to emulate the MQ5 behaviour with that one item 'in progress' (or, when the last viewed episode was finished, the next episode for that series). If there is a way to make it like that again in MQ6, that would be great!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 6 - Isengard - movie78 - 2015-11-18

How do i install this on Jarvis?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 6 - Isengard - vbat99 - 2015-11-18

I have a user of Media Companion who is having issue with your skin, if the movie has been scraped with more that one Studio entry.

Kodi 15.2 does support more than one Studio.

But your skin will not display any studio icon unless only One studio is in the local nfo when the Kodi library updates.

As you can see in the image attached, Studio's are separated by a space forwardslash space.
Is it at all possible to have your skin select only the first studio and display only that icon?

BTW, Your skin looks great, and I am about to change to it myself.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 6 - Isengard - cwebster - 2015-11-18

On the dimming and "view checked" for watched widget items...
1) When I change the "watched" icon, it changes on the widget for me.
2) The dimming I haven't decided if I like yet. If I don't, I'm going to modify the playlist to the widget to completely exclude watched items. That's my best solution for not liking the "dimmed / watched" entries.

My question:

How do I make my music playback look like this... http://i.imgur.com/ON5t4Gl.jpg

I've read too many (old) posts talking about "older" versions of MQ 6 that don't seem to have the same menus and options as 3.2. Is this view even possible in current MQ 6? I know I can turn off visualizations and make CD Art work, but the artist title in that image is a clearlogo which I can't seem to make work anywhere. Even without the clearlogo, just a clean look with full-screen, pan-and-zoom fanart would be so nice to achieve. I do have cdArt Manager, but it doesn't work.

Thanks for any advice.

Chris.

@mgmcube: Every time I see stuff like that, it means a new video card is in my not too distant future. What happens if you move the menu to the top of the screen? Is it the same windowed and full screen (sorry, don't know your OS).

Chris.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 6 - Isengard - mgmcube - 2015-11-18

(2015-11-18, 07:10)cwebster Wrote: @mgmcube: Every time I see stuff like that, it means a new video card is in my not too distant future. What happens if you move the menu to the top of the screen? Is it the same windowed and full screen (sorry, don't know your OS).

Chris.

I have a NUC 2820. A friend of mine has the same problem. It only happens with MQ6 and kodi 15.2. Before this I used kodi 14 with mq5. I use openelec. It only happens with the menu items movie and tvshows.
If I remove mq6 and install mq5, the problem is gone.
So I don't think my video card is broken, but it could be something with the combination video card and mq6.

I can't run it windowed I think. I tried and it didn't work. I will try the menu item on the top later.

When I tried to make a screenshot yesterday, the bug seemed to stop wile I continuously was making the screenshots. So when I kept pressing Ctrl S, I didn't see any artifact. When I stopped they returned. It's very strange.

You're on Openelec and I'm on Windows, but video cards and drivers have the same problems. If it's not the video card then it's something with the video driver software (obviously, not the monitor).

Not to meander but, I leave my Windows 8 Media PC on all the time, but when the video feed leaves my receiver the Media PC runs out of memory for no reason, so when I look at it again, Kodi is out of focus and Windows is telling me to shut it down because It (Windows) is out of memory. I choose "cancel" and all works fine. I mention this because all of the things I could find to stop this problem had NUC in them. Aren't they little Intel PC's? Like, trying to compete with Raspberry Pi's?

Just noticed you said it only happens with movies and tv shows? ONLY MOVIES AND TV SHOWS? Had to capitalize... You say Settings, Shutdown, etc. don't have the same artifact? If that's the case, I would be looking at add-ons.

Also, I would ask myself, is there anything in MQ 6 that MQ 5 doesn't do just as well, if not better.

Chris.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 6 - Isengard - mgmcube - 2015-11-18

(2015-11-18, 09:41)cwebster Wrote: You're on Openelec and I'm on Windows, but video cards and drivers have the same problems. If it's not the video card then it's something with the video driver software (obviously, not the monitor).

Not to meander but, I leave my Windows 8 Media PC on all the time, but when the video feed leaves my receiver the Media PC runs out of memory for no reason, so when I look at it again, Kodi is out of focus and Windows is telling me to shut it down because It (Windows) is out of memory. I choose "cancel" and all works fine. I mention this because all of the things I could find to stop this problem had NUC in them. Aren't they little Intel PC's? Like, trying to compete with Raspberry Pi's?

Just noticed you said it only happens with movies and tv shows? ONLY MOVIES AND TV SHOWS? Had to capitalize... You say Settings, Shutdown, etc. don't have the same artifact? If that's the case, I would be looking at add-ons.

Also, I would ask myself, is there anything in MQ 6 that MQ 5 doesn't do just as well, if not better.

Chris.

A NUC is just a normal pc, but then a bit smaller Smile. Mine has a celeron cpu. It's a lot faster then a Raspberry PI. It could also run Windows 10 and work as a desktop.
It's only movies and TV shows. All the other menu items don't have this problem, not even weather which also has widgets. Maybe it has something to do with the widgets. But even if I don't show the widgets I have this problem. I have no special addons. Just stock openelec with stock mq6.
Most of the options are the same for me. I do like the new option to start the next tv show at the end of the current one. But i could indeed just swap back to mq5.
But I quess MQ6 should also be able to work Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 6 - Isengard - Nanomani - 2015-11-18

Perhaps this is already reported.... Angel

In extended info :

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 6 - Isengard - zeifink - 2015-11-18

@mgmcube: i have the same problem. getting worse when i change "style" aka the slidebar. drives me crazy, cause i wanted to work on a chrismas theme with custom style. For the record i'm also using a NUC with openelec.