Kodi Community Forum
Beta Youtube Library - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Beta Youtube Library (/showthread.php?tid=246110)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Youtube Library - DarrenHill - 2016-03-03

It's a little more than one line, but multiple channels is certainly a possibility for the future maybe. At the moment it's easier just to keep things separate, at least whilst I go deeper into the code to understand the various parts.

I'm very clear on what your add-on, plus the YouTube add-on plus the individual channel one are doing and what the differences are - I have all of them on my machine for different usage cases. I wasn't trying to browse using yours, as you say I have the main YouTube add-on for that which works fine. I'm just interested in precisely what yours can do - give simple adding of videos and channels/playlists in a more focussed way.

RE: Youtube Library - scott967 - 2016-03-04

(2016-03-03, 13:41)DarrenHill Wrote: 1) Each of the channels seems to have a folder labelled "extra fanart", which is empty. Is that supposed to be there, and if so is there any way to suppress it?

You can probably blame me for suggesting this. The intent is for skins that emphasize showing fanart as backgrounds (for example, see ronie's "Transparency!" and various Aeon-derived skins.) These skins have options for using "extrafanart" (not extra fanart BTW) and extrathumbs. This works by having the fanart in a known folder location. Also, for media supported in scraping data sites, the skins typically use an add-on (artwork downloader) by Martijn that auto-downloads art including the extrafanart. For these skins/downloader to work it is expected that media folders by organized so that movies are in individual folders, and the "extrafanart" folder is placed there, likewise for tvshows and musicvideos. In the case of tvshows, there is also the option of displaying "seasons" and "episodes". Kodi itself has no requirement for how these are orgainized (it's all based on filename or nfo) but for artwork downloader it expects that all episodes are contained in "season" folders. Thus for the skin, when in episode view the skin always looks in the episode's parent folder for the extrafanart folder.

Now artwork downloader is never going to find art for youtube channels managed as tvshows, so if a user wants extrafanart, he will have to generate it himself. The solution of youtube library, is to create the extrafanart folder and copy fanart.jpg to it. That's a good solution as a skin that is set to only show fanart will ignore the extrafanart folder, and a skin set to show extrafanart will show the single fanart.jpg without user needing to do anything. Only if the user wants a fanart slideshow (multi-image) does he have to examine the actual folder structure. (what I do personally so far with yt-library is to point the Kodi screenshot function to the extrafanart folder and take a couple shots of playing yt videos so over time it populates the folder. You have to manually change the screenshot path in the settings every time you switch channels (tvshows) which isn't as easy as it could be but it works and like I said, no impact that I see on users who don't need/care about extrafanart.

scott s.

RE: Youtube Library - Sleuteltje - 2016-03-04

(2016-03-04, 01:39)scott967 Wrote: You can probably blame me for suggesting this. ...
Pretty much, yeah Tongue.

(2016-03-04, 01:39)scott967 Wrote: Now artwork downloader is never going to find art for youtube channels managed as tvshows, so if a user wants extrafanart, he will have to generate it himself...
Have to note here that yt-library auto-generates 1 fanart.jpg for you.

(2016-03-04, 01:39)scott967 Wrote: ...The solution of youtube library, is to create the extrafanart folder and copy fanart.jpg to it. That's a good solution as a skin that is set to only show fanart will ignore the extrafanart folder, and a skin set to show extrafanart will show the single fanart.jpg without user needing to do anything. ......
Exactly why I did it like this Smile.

RE: Youtube Library - Paranoidjack - 2016-03-07

Is it possible to add an option which allows you to set the parent/root folder for each playlist?

PARENT/ROOT FOLDER - PLAYLIST TITLE - SEASONS - STRMs

This would allow me to use one device to scrape content for other devices/users on the network.

RE: Youtube Library - messers - 2016-03-18

Is this add-on compatible with Jarvis for manual installation until the repository is updated?

RE: Youtube Library - Idokfire - 2016-03-18

(2016-03-18, 06:22)messers Wrote: Is this add-on compatible with Jarvis for manual installation until the repository is updated?
Yes. I am using it with Jarvis right now.

RE: Youtube Library - messers - 2016-03-19

Do you have a non-trivial way to put URLs pointing to DASH MPDs into the .strm files? Looking at nightlies and stuff that may be supported in the next Kodi release.

(2016-03-18, 06:27)Idokfire Wrote: Yes. I am using it with Jarvis right now.

Thanks for the info!

RE: Youtube Library - Sleuteltje - 2016-03-19

(2016-03-07, 14:34)Paranoidjack Wrote: Is it possible to add an option which allows you to set the parent/root folder for each playlist?

PARENT/ROOT FOLDER - PLAYLIST TITLE - SEASONS - STRMs

This would allow me to use one device to scrape content for other devices/users on the network.
I'm thinking about changing the 'overwritefolder' to setting a directory for each playlist seperately (if needed). I'm not sure yet.

(2016-03-19, 00:44)messers Wrote: Do you have a non-trivial way to put URLs pointing to DASH MPDs into the .strm files? Looking at nightlies and stuff that may be supported in the next Kodi release.
No. I did read about the upcoming seperate audio/video possibilities of v17.0 and haven't had time to play around with it yet. There do seem to be some sort of limitations at the moment that could make a problem for YT library, so we have to follow how it goes. But hopefully I can easily add 1080p+ support (DASH) from Kodi v17.

At the moment 1080p+ playback is simply not supported.

RE: Youtube Library - messers - 2016-03-19

(2016-03-19, 13:15)Sleuteltje Wrote: No. I did read about the upcoming seperate audio/video possibilities of v17.0 and haven't had time to play around with it yet. There do seem to be some sort of limitations at the moment that could make a problem for YT library, so we have to follow how it goes. But hopefully I can easily add 1080p+ support (DASH) from Kodi v17.

At the moment 1080p+ playback is simply not supported.

Input Stream now works with DASH since the nightly build on March 17.

RE: Youtube Library - messers - 2016-03-28

Future feature request:

Queue for download option with user selectable time (immediate or scheduled- for example at night while no one is using the shared Internet connection) for the download queue to be processed. Could also be an option for the playlists themselves but I personally wouldn't use it since I don't want to download that much if I won't watch it.

RE: Youtube Library - Sleuteltje - 2016-03-29

(2016-03-28, 23:04)messers Wrote: Future feature request:

Queue for download option with user selectable time (immediate or scheduled- for example at night while no one is using the shared Internet connection) for the download queue to be processed. Could also be an option for the playlists themselves but I personally wouldn't use it since I don't want to download that much if I won't watch it.

You mean that the addon downloads all episodes instead of creating .strm files? Yes, i have thought of this. I'll might add it, but it will be a couple version bumps before i might add this.

RE: Youtube Library - messers - 2016-03-29

(2016-03-29, 02:19)Sleuteltje Wrote: You mean that the addon downloads all episodes instead of creating .strm files? Yes, i have thought of this. I'll might add it, but it will be a couple version bumps before i might add this.

That could be an option for playlists. It would be neat to also have it as an option in each episode's context menu for manual selection. The queue thing was just an idea so the download wouldn't have to be immediate and could take place during hours the user doesn't need the bandwidth for other tasks.

RE: Youtube Library - randomuser - 2016-05-08

*edit* Disregard. I uninstalled the addon and related addon, deleted any leftover files and reinstalled and it seems to be working. No idea what happened.

Thanks for developing this addon. When I select "Add new Channel as a TV Show", I'm prompted to enter search criteria. After entering the criteria the search completes and I choose what I'm looking for. I'm shown a list with "Uploads" etc etc. I select anything on that list and the return is a blank selection menu. From watching the video on how to use the addon, this isn't supposed to be the case. The log file shows me this:

Pastebin of error

I assume this is why. I'm running this on SPMC 16.2.1 on a FireTV. Any ideas?

RE: Youtube Library - tofof - 2016-05-14

(2015-12-17, 20:28)Sleuteltje Wrote: So, any (Android) users that are reading this, does this functionallity work for you? Does Kodi start scanning the yt episodes automatically? (Any OS feedback is always appreciated ofcourse Wink )

I came here looking for a solution to that exact problem. No, it doesn't seem to work. Exiting and restarting kodi tends to cause watchdog to get everything updated, but things aren't working as they stand.

I can do much more specific troubleshooting if you will give me some conditions to test for you.

RE: Youtube Library - Sleuteltje - 2016-05-14

(2016-05-14, 04:15)tofof Wrote:
(2015-12-17, 20:28)Sleuteltje Wrote: So, any (Android) users that are reading this, does this functionallity work for you? Does Kodi start scanning the yt episodes automatically? (Any OS feedback is always appreciated ofcourse Wink )

I came here looking for a solution to that exact problem. No, it doesn't seem to work. Exiting and restarting kodi tends to cause watchdog to get everything updated, but things aren't working as they stand.

I can do much more specific troubleshooting if you will give me some conditions to test for you.
Thnx, you are the first one to provide feedback to this. It didnt work with my android box either, so that makes 2 confirmed.

I will have to look into why this is. It works perfectly on all my other machines.
I'm not sure if I will be able to fix it, since I am properly telling Kodi to update its library.
Maybe the problem is I'm telling Kodi to update a specific directory, and Android Kodi does not like this? Idk..

Not sure when I will delve into this deeper. I'm currently working on a website for YoutubeLibrary!