Kodi Community Forum
xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN (/showthread.php?tid=24617)

- aart - 2008-04-15

wangl Wrote:the busy animation is jerky,
I remade the source pngs:
http://alexkidd.fileave.com/xTV/Busy/
before:
Image after:Image

cheers

thanks for the fix WanglNod

- handsomepete - 2008-04-15

Dont get your hopes up ptipton. This skin seems to be dead.(Unless Jezz_X proves me wrong? Nod)

- jmarshall - 2008-04-15

Why should Jezz_X have to be the one to prove you wrong?

Why don't YOU do it.

Jezz_X had to learn to skin from scratch just like everybody else - he has more than enough (much more, in fact) to keep him busy with doing what HE wants to do.

Do a bit of reading and have a crack at it yourself.

Cheers,
Jonathan

- Jezz_X - 2008-04-16

jmarshall Wrote:Why should Jezz_X have to be the one to prove you wrong?

Why don't YOU do it.

Jezz_X had to learn to skin from scratch just like everybody else - he has more than enough (much more, in fact) to keep him busy with doing what HE wants to do.

Do a bit of reading and have a crack at it yourself.

Cheers,
Jonathan

HEHEHE yeah what he said Laugh xTV has never been and never will be my skin I have done a few little things on it to help chi3f at times and thats all
The skinning engine really is simple to use once you figure out the basics give it a go you wont be disapointed
xTV is even a pretty good skin to start with since pretty much all the files (except the view type ones) are in the one dir so you only have to edit most files once. Also because of its simple layout these days its probably easier to read and work out than Project Mayhem III is. Confused

There is even a couple of xTV skin mods on the xbox-scene forums that have had some updates done to then

- ptipton - 2008-04-16

As I mentioned in my first post I am happy to have a crack at it myself was just seeing if someone could point me in the right direction as to which files to start editing to achieve the changes I want. Anyway will get stuck into it and post back when I have made some progress.

- CHI3f - 2008-04-16

jabba200 Wrote:Dont get your hopes up ptipton. This skin seems to be dead.(Unless Jezz_X proves me wrong? Nod)
It is not dead, I have had an extreme change in lifestyle recently with having basically a wife and 2 kids thrown into my life and us living in seperate houses it has become very difficult to manage them, a full time job, and my almost non-existent social life. I do skin work whenever I am home, although it has not been on this skin since I started my latest endeavor. So to sum it up, I would not consider this skin dead. Just sleeping for the moment.

Oh, I added the new busy dialog images to the svn and updated the download link in my sig with credit given to Wangle.

- _MsG_ - 2008-04-16

hi,

I made a dutch translation for your skin. Here it is: http://www.fileshack.us/get_file.php?id=275988&file=Dutch.zip

- CHI3f - 2008-04-16

_MsG_ Wrote:hi,

I made a dutch translation for your skin. Here it is: http://www.fileshack.us/get_file.php?id=275988&file=Dutch.zip

Thanks. Added to svn with credit given to you. Sig link also updated.

- _MsG_ - 2008-04-16

By the way I have a few problems with the skin:

- When I use the view mode with the picture of the video in the left, and when I wait a few seconds I see the movie info and stuff. But there isn't enough room for it, and it doesn't scroll. The other stuff just cross over the text.

- The grey newsreaderbartext isn't very readable from my bench. How can I make that white?

- Some things are hardcoded? English? Like the skin downloader, it says Skinthemes, but that's an english word :p.

But it's a very very very nice skin! Keep up the good work.

Please credit me as MsG instead of _MsG_.

- CHI3f - 2008-04-16

_MsG_ Wrote:By the way I have a few problems with the skin:

- When I use the view mode with the picture of the video in the left, and when I wait a few seconds I see the movie info and stuff. But there isn't enough room for it, and it doesn't scroll. The other stuff just cross over the text.

- The grey newsreaderbartext isn't very readable from my bench. How can I make that white?

- Some things are hardcoded? English? Like the skin downloader, it says Skinthemes, but that's an english word :p.

But it's a very very very nice skin! Keep up the good work.

Please credit me as MsG instead of _MsG_.

I would work on these but I am at the my girlfriends house and I have no way of working on skins here as there is no way of me networking my xbox to her computer and I can't even run XBMC PC on her computer cause it is such a piece of crap. I paln on hitting the xml's when I get home. I am going through some serious skin work withdrawl.

- shizzle - 2008-04-16

yaay chief's back =)

- _MsG_ - 2008-04-16

Think I triggered him ^^ Tongue

- handsomepete - 2008-04-16

Jesus jmarshall that was some reaction!

The reason I said it was dead was because of the lack of comments from CHI3f.

Why should Jezz_X do it? Well because he was the one that has worked a bit on the skin (cleaning up the code etc)since CHi3f's absence and I presumed that he may have an interest.

ChI3f: Thank you for explaining your situation. I look forward to when you have more time to tweak this and that.

jmarshall, chill out

- topfs2 - 2008-04-16

I'd say jmarshalls reaction was fair. this is an open source application. The skin is opensourced and noone should poke devs into doing what you want, if a dev want it. they do it, otherwise the code is freely available for someone who wants it in (That's the entire point of GPL and it works..).

Devs have spent ALOT of time making this, and sharing their fruits of labor.. Be kind, make suggestions and wait for stuff too happen, or do it yourself. But walsing in telling a dev what to do is a bit rude.

- platanito21 - 2008-04-16

First off, i want to thank everyone who's worked on this skin. Its pretty much the only skin I use. My only grip is that the icons don't look very smooth or sharp on my tv (since the skin seems to be designed for 720p TVs instead of 1080p ones). I'm sure this will be resolved in the future though. I'm a total noob at this skinning thing so pardon if this sounds like a stupid question but is there a way to just change the background in the library when its in Coverflow view? That is the only thing I'd like to edit. I'm on a mac so I don't know how I would edit the textures.xpr if need be but is that what I would have to edit? Does anyone know if its even possible to just change the background of one view without affecting all the others? Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciate. Thanks guys