Kodi Community Forum
xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN (/showthread.php?tid=24617)

- audioartist - 2008-05-24

Sorry if this has already been covered but this is bugging me.

My TV shows with a long description get clipped and mess everything up as you can see in the image.

Is this anyway to fix this or is there work being done for a later release to cover this?

Cheers.

- Arbitrary Logic - 2008-05-24

At least your TV shows are working. For some reason when I choose TV Shows from the main menu, I get this a darkened screen with the word Movies in the top right corner and a pop-up box in the middle that has the following list:

View: Icons
Sort by: Name
Library mode [*]

Search
IMDb

The only way out of this is to select the clear button on the controller. Then another window pops up with more options to update library, go to root, now playing and settings. If I choose anything, I end up in the Movies library. My sources.xml is correct for my video library. Any thought on how to fix this?

- jmarshall - 2008-05-24

You don't have tvshows in the library. You need to go into your movies, set content on the appropriate source, and scan then in.

- Geeba - 2008-05-24

"the XBOX butchers the video quality"HuhHuhHuhHuh??

First I've seen of it! try turning off the enhancments on your TV! proabably a mix of the two..... Your possably mixing the wrong words... people who work VERY hard on this dont really want the words butcher and Xbox in the same sentance.... not good footings for getting a feature request added... get my drift.

- Arbitrary Logic - 2008-05-25

jmarshall Wrote:You don't have tvshows in the library. You need to go into your movies, set content on the appropriate source, and scan then in.

Thanks! That did the trick.

- Arbitrary Logic - 2008-05-25

Geeba Wrote:"the XBOX butchers the video quality"HuhHuhHuhHuh??

First I've seen of it! try turning off the enhancments on your TV! proabably a mix of the two..... Your possably mixing the wrong words... people who work VERY hard on this dont really want the words butcher and Xbox in the same sentance.... not good footings for getting a feature request added... get my drift.

Alright. Perhaps the word 'butcher' should only be used in the XBOX mods forum. :p

What's wierd is my test DVD (Silicon Optix) fails almost every test if the player is set to 720p but when watching real movie content, I see no such problems. I'm just going to use 720p for playback and forget all about these "test" DVD's.

You guys have worked wonders on XBMC. I only think it's right I should send a little donation your way.

- anoobie - 2008-05-25

Hi, is there anyway to make the plot summary to scroll in list view? Thanks

- Forts - 2008-05-30

Hi folks... I just switched to the xtv skin yesterday from PMIII and I love it. When I updated my Tv library, it picked up basically everything properly with the exception of episode thumbnails (It didn't pick up any thumbs for any of the shows in my library). Is there a trick to getting the scraper to bring these in properly? Thanks and keep up the excellent work!!!

- CHI3f - 2008-05-31

Forts Wrote:Hi folks... I just switched to the xtv skin yesterday from PMIII and I love it. When I updated my Tv library, it picked up basically everything properly with the exception of episode thumbnails (It didn't pick up any thumbs for any of the shows in my library). Is there a trick to getting the scraper to bring these in properly? Thanks and keep up the excellent work!!!
The skin has nothing to do with XBMC/the scrapers fetching thumbs.

Thanks for the kind words about the skin.

- Geeba - 2008-05-31

Will there ever be a "Trailer" feature in xTV like PMIII?

Really use that alot now....

- silencelost - 2008-06-01

Hi,

Having a small cosmetic issue on the latest SVN.

Basically when media overlays are turned on the skin shows XBMC SVN in the bottom left hand corner... so whenever and movies or music are playing it seems to overlap.

Any solutions? Smile

Thanks

- ShortySco - 2008-06-02

Geeba Wrote:Will there ever be a "Trailer" feature in xTV like PMIII?

Really use that alot now....

Seconded, this would be a really neat feature to have, not essential though!

Shorty

- silps - 2008-06-02

Whats a "Trailer" feature? Huh

Thanks.

- Jeroen - 2008-06-02

silps Wrote:Whats a "Trailer" feature? Huh

Thanks.

In PM3 and other skins there's a trailer button in the movie information screen. So when you have a movie in your library and a trailer is available it allows you to watch that trailer.

I made a quick fix to have this button in xTV too. I had to resize the other buttons a bit otherwise it wouldn't fit.

Paste all of the code in the file "DialogVideoInfo.xml" in the PAL directory of xTV. (overwrite everything, so completely replace the code).

The code:
http://pastebin.com/f574f91e5

- RenZ0R - 2008-06-02

Quote:I made a quick fix to have this button in xTV too. I had to resize the other buttons a bit otherwise it wouldn't fit.

Cheers for that, now we just need some way to display fanart and ill be very happy Smile