Kodi Community Forum
Kodi T-Shirt Designs for 2015: November - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Kodi T-Shirt Designs for 2015: November (/showthread.php?tid=246239)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Kodi T-Shirt Designs for 2015: November - natethomas - 2015-11-03

As we work out details, we'll start making these rules more formal. But for now, here's what we've got:
  • Submit your design below, hopefully with a template to be considered for next month
  • By submitting your design below, and if Team Kodi picks it, you agree to give all rights to the XBMC Foundation for the purposes of sales and marketing, bla bla bla
  • A single artists cannot be picked two months in a row
  • Congrats to Sam Fisher, whose design was picked for October
  • You are welcome to re-submit designs, if they haven't previously been picked
  • The team is likely to give preference to designs that aren't just the logo redone in new ways. Creativity is rewarded. Also, if you can come up with a design that works with zippered hoodies, that'd be on the list of appreciated as well.

October Winner

RE: Kodi T-Shirt Designs for 2015: November - ronie - 2015-11-04

since h.udo doesn't like little ponies, i made one especially with him in mind this time.

RE: Kodi T-Shirt Designs for 2015: November - natethomas - 2015-11-04

I wonder if teespring has a color count issue. Because if not...

RE: Kodi T-Shirt Designs for 2015: November - christara - 2015-11-04

Nice work @samfisher well done.

RE: Kodi T-Shirt Designs for 2015: November - bry - 2015-11-04

Any chance at more color options? White T with kodi blue logo?

RE: Kodi T-Shirt Designs for 2015: November - natethomas - 2015-11-04

Nope, the one hard and fast rule of tee spring is you can't change the color of the design. So whatever design you submit has to work with multiple shirt colors. With that said, multiple shirt colors are available to go with the white paint design.

(2015-11-04, 13:28)bry- Wrote: Any chance at more color options? White T with kodi blue logo?

(2015-11-04, 19:10)natethomas Wrote: Nope, the one hard and fast rule of tee spring is you can't change the color of the design. So whatever design you submit has to work with multiple shirt colors. With that said, multiple shirt colors are available to go with the white paint design.

Surely with so many designers and what can be done is it not possible for the up-loader/designer of the t-shirt if needed, upload in different colour variation to work on different colour t-shirts?

For example am sure if asked Sam fisher could easily upload different colour variants of the painted design.
That way tee spring could use which ever colour for what ever colour t-shirt?
Anyway its just a thought. Smile

RE: Kodi T-Shirt Designs for 2015: November - da-anda - 2015-11-04

@christara - this would end up in two teespring campaigns which is not desired

(2015-11-04, 22:48)da-anda Wrote: @christara - this would end up in two teespring campaigns which is not desired

Nah surely not, The printed design could easily been done in a blue and a black or what ever colour as well has the white, Uploader gives all colours to the team here and then that gets passed to the tee spring department, And when someone orders one they could have black on a what ever colour shirt or blue on what ever colour shirt.
Or like you have the white that can and will end up on different coloured shirts.

I look at that being more appealing to the end customer than limiting choice?
But hey who am I to say what tee spring are capable off. (I mean you only need to google t-shirts and they come in so many colours nowadays, (The design rather than shirt colour) Just belief with the one choice "white design" it takes away from choice)

RE: Kodi T-Shirt Designs for 2015: November - Martijn - 2015-11-04

Again it's a teespring limitation

(2015-11-04, 23:49)Martijn Wrote: Again it's a teespring limitation

Tut, Shame since it appeals to a wider audience when choice is given.
Dam tee spring should get into 21st century lol Joke. Big Grin

RE: Kodi T-Shirt Designs for 2015: November - natethomas - 2015-11-05

(2015-11-04, 23:55)christara Wrote: Dam tee spring should get into 21st century lol Joke. Big Grin

Heh, I say we just consider it part of the challenge. Announce constraints. Apply creativity. Mix. See what happens.

RE: Kodi T-Shirt Designs for 2015: November - christara - 2015-11-05

(2015-11-05, 01:30)natethomas Wrote:
(2015-11-04, 23:55)christara Wrote: Dam tee spring should get into 21st century lol Joke. Big Grin

Heh, I say we just consider it part of the challenge. Announce constraints. Apply creativity. Mix. See what happens.

Yer I just thought with it being in a mono colour design has such, it wouldn,t of been too hard to bend a bit to make it more appealing to a bigger audience.
But hey-ho I guess tee spring have restrictions, I have enough gray hairs to understand that. lol No probs. Smile
Am sure it won,t take away from some of the designs that come in.

RE: Kodi T-Shirt Designs for 2015: November - christara - 2015-11-10

Gosh this thread has gone quiet. Sad

Anyway a little time on my hands so thought I would throw another up. Its just for fun. Big Grin Enjoy
Just checked the post and the dropbox link don,t appear to be working? (Posting image) Sorry for the double upload if the dropbox work at a later date so upload the links for better view?

Also uploaded to photobucket to get the images to work. Smile

Thanks Chris.

Dropbox link for a better view
Dropbox link for a better view.

All links for my t-shirts can be found HERE

RE: Kodi T-Shirt Designs for 2015: November - natethomas - 2015-11-22

Throwing two ideas of mine in.

Museo Slab font
and

college font