Kodi Community Forum
Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) (/showthread.php?tid=247525)

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Grumpyman - 2016-05-18

Need help understanding the backgrounds a bit...I don't really understand the background section 100% Smile

I use the netflix view for sets.... when you enter the set since its on the return icon the background is from the home page, is there a setting i can change for this only.

I understand i could just have a default background but I have fanart from movies on the home page and don't want to loose that.

Or maybe have it default to the first movie in this view

Please don't take this as a complaint or anything its just me just being picky, its not a big deal at all

Just looks a little weird enter a SAw collection and seeing Finding Nemo background

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - MWarner - 2016-05-18

(2016-05-17, 21:22)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-05-16, 00:16)MWarner Wrote: I'm running Kodi 16.1. In Titan settings, I've set the following forced views: Movies & TV Shows are set to Big Panel (57); Files & Main plugin listings set to List (50). If I select Movies or TV Shows, it's fine, showing Big Panel view. If I select Videos, I'll get about 1/2 second of the List view, then it jumps to Big Panel instead. If I cursor left to the popout menu and change to List (50), it will change and be fine, but the next time I go to movies, movies will have changed to List (50) as well.

Hmmm, I can't reproduce this issue... You mean that the "Videos" node is detected as movies ?

Thanks for the reply. If I select Videos from the main menu (where I'll see, files, movies, tv shows) in a list, if forced views is on, that list changes to whatever forced view Movies is set to. My workaround is to disable forced views for the moment so that Movies can be set for Big Panel (57), TV Shows can be set for Big Panel (57), while Videos is set for List (50)..

FYI - As a test, I completely removed Titan (uninstalling and removing any reference to Titan on the hard drive), then reinstalled. As soon as I turned on Forced Views, the problem came back. Then, as another test, I completely reset Titan. As long as Forced Views was not enabled, I could tweak different views for Movies, TV Shows, Videos. The moment I turned it back on, Videos wanted to follow the same forced view as Movies...

Hope that helps... Not a big deal since disabling Forced Views solves the issue at the moment...

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Simograndi - 2016-05-18

(2016-05-17, 20:03)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-05-15, 12:07)Simograndi Wrote: Hi, since last couple of betas the PVR widtgets aren't working no more... I've tried removing and then adding them again from the menu config but with no luck.
Does someone else using PVR has the same issue?

The widgets are working fine on my setup. Any errors in the Kodi log perhaps ?

Hi issue fixed... or better never was one as it was wrongly selected the "PVR timer" widget that's empty.. I need more sleep LOL

Anyway this time is real the "PVR Channels" with artwork widget stretches the logos with landscape view set for widgets, while the classic widget does not as it shows a generic BG with the channel logo upon it. Please give it a look Smile

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - User 224999 - 2016-05-18

(2016-05-18, 08:25)epicfail Wrote: I´m now on Beta .64 and the bug is still there Sad

Hmmmm what can i do?

It seems that noone else is experiencing the issue and I can't reproduce it.
Are you testing it with real library content or some video addon ? Mind that the issue might as well be in the video addon

(2016-05-18, 09:04)loggio Wrote: I was using VDR for the first time just the other day to test it out, but I wasn't overly happy with it's stability so I moved back to TVHeadend. The only real issue i'm having with TVheadend is that it's instant recording fails on random channels. But that's an unrelated topic.

In that case I think I'll just write down this request on my todo list as it seems that VDR is the only addon even using that section of Kodi ;-)

(2016-05-18, 15:57)larsete Wrote: Second thing... since yesterday, in both phone and tablet, and without updating Kodi for Android (16.1) or anything (That I know), those menus pointing to the actions "Movies" or "TV-Shows" disappeared! If I change them to "Movies HUB" or "TV-Shows HUB" then they appear again but when entering those actions it shows nothing... Anyone else seeing something like this?

Do you have any content scraped in your library ?
The Movies and Tv Shows shortcuts will only show up if there is actual content in the library.

Maybe you used those shortcuts to point at some other location ?

(2016-05-18, 16:08)Grumpyman Wrote: Need help understanding the backgrounds a bit...I don't really understand the background section 100% Smile

I use the netflix view for sets.... when you enter the set since its on the return icon the background is from the home page, is there a setting i can change for this only.

I understand i could just have a default background but I have fanart from movies on the home page and don't want to loose that.

Please don't take this as a complaint or anything its just me just being picky, its not a big deal at all

Just looks a little weird enter a SAw collection and seeing Finding Nemo background

Skin Settings --> Background settings --> Apply the per-shortcut background to homescreen only

That should do the trick

(2016-05-18, 17:18)MWarner Wrote: Thanks for the reply. If I select Videos from the main menu (where I'll see, files, movies, tv shows) in a list, if forced views is on, that list changes to whatever forced view Movies is set to. My workaround is to disable forced views for the moment so that Movies can be set for Big Panel (57), TV Shows can be set for Big Panel (57), while Videos is set for List (50)..

FYI - As a test, I completely removed Titan (uninstalling and removing any reference to Titan on the hard drive), then reinstalled. As soon as I turned on Forced Views, the problem came back. Then, as another test, I completely reset Titan. As long as Forced Views was not enabled, I could tweak different views for Movies, TV Shows, Videos. The moment I turned it back on, Videos wanted to follow the same forced view as Movies...

Hope that helps... Not a big deal since disabling Forced Views solves the issue at the moment...

Issue reproduced, the "Videos" list is indeed incorrectly detected as movies content. I'll fix this in the next beta

(2016-05-18, 18:59)Simograndi Wrote: Anyway this time is real the "PVR Channels" with artwork widget stretches the logos with landscape view set for widgets, while the classic widget does not as it shows a generic BG with the channel logo upon it. Please give it a look Smile

For TV Channel logos you should possibly use a squared widget style.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Simograndi - 2016-05-18

(2016-05-18, 20:04)marcelveldt Wrote: For TV Channel logos you should possibly use a squared widget style.

Sure, but this time the logos are cropped... Tongue

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - lovemyram4x4 - 2016-05-18

(2016-05-17, 19:58)oattes Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 00:33)lovemyram4x4 Wrote: While still not as good as being able to just hit a letter/number(on remote) as I was used to prior to switching to Kodi, definitely way better than before with a large library like we have.

I found I was missing the remote number -> alphabet jump, but you can 'simulate' it with keymaps that map your remote number keys to the T9 like behaviour you find in MCE/remote.

There is a keymap editor add-in that will help immensely with this. The resulting keymap that I use is:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="61490">jumpsms2</key>
<key id="61491">jumpsms3</key>
<key id="61492">jumpsms4</key>
<key id="61493">jumpsms5</key>
<key id="61494">jumpsms6</key>
<key id="61495">jumpsms7</key>
<key id="61496">jumpsms8</key>
<key id="61497">jumpsms9</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

This mapping has its limitations as you can't chain letters into a string, but I found it very helpful for quick navigation in a big library to a specific starting letter. Of course, your remote keys may be quite different than mine, but you can sort that out with the add-in.

Thanks for that info, I hadn't noticed anything about this in keymap editor nor in any of the wikis I've read.

Yeah I'm quite sure that my key ID's are quite different as I use mostly the builtin keys for Harmony home control and also use windows PC commands for most things on my Android devices so it can be done over BT(I don't understand why Harmony switch them from BT to IR). I use the "f" keys for the numbers since they don't have the numeric keys for windows PC and while they have/had numeric keys for my Shield TV they quit working long ago and Harmony can't seem to fix this(must be really hard considering everything else that I have that can control the device and has numeric keys doesn't have any problems including their own keyboard).

Anyway I'll take another look in keymap editor and if I still can't find this I'll just manually edit my keymap files.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - MWarner - 2016-05-18

(2016-05-18, 20:01)marcelveldt Wrote: Issue reproduced, the "Videos" list is indeed incorrectly detected as movies content. I'll fix this in the next beta

Excellent! Thanks for the help!

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Grumpyman - 2016-05-18

(2016-05-18, 20:00)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-05-18, 16:08)Grumpyman Wrote: Need help understanding the backgrounds a bit...I don't really understand the background section 100% Smile

Skin Settings --> Background settings --> Apply the per-shortcut background to homescreen only

That should do the trick

Thanks Marcel

I was hoping it was just a setting i was missing

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - darkvader - 2016-05-18

(2016-05-17, 20:04)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-05-15, 12:43)darkvader Wrote: When i play a trailer for a movie, can you add an option, fullscreen or smallscreen? Is this possible?

Skin settings --> Media library views --> Default action for trailers

Sorry marcel, when i go to the media library views there is no option for trailers (or i am blind). I'm with the latest beta.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - oattes - 2016-05-18

(2016-05-17, 21:56)lamobius Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 20:00)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-05-15, 01:38)lamobius Wrote: Focus issue after content is finished or been stopped playing.
After stopping video that been started from Home screen by clicking on the widget shortcut the focus is not returning back to the widget shortcut but jumping to Home Menu .

Not so much an issue but that's the current behaviour of the skin: Always focus the main menu when entering the homescreen.
If you playback something from the widget and stop it, there will also be a re-enter of the homescreen and so the mainmenu is focused.

I can change this behaviour but that will remember the last focus for all actions. Even if you launch something from the submenu

It would be great if you could change that behavior for "Vertical Simple layout ". With current Home\Widget behavior navigation true widget items on the Home screen sometimes is confusing and requires lots of clicking. .

Thanks a lot .

If you do introduce this feature, please make it optional. I, for one, vastly prefer the current behaviour of a return to the home screen. Also, I imagine that anyone using the 'default position to focus' option would also definitely want the focus to return to the home screen.

2 cents....