Kodi Community Forum
Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) (/showthread.php?tid=247525)

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - loggio - 2016-06-21

Just digging up an old post.
You fixed the below issue with the PVR Guide, which is great!
However, i'm having the same problem with the PVR List View
info being displayed twice in the top right corner of the list view

(2016-05-20, 01:11)loggio Wrote: marcel,

I've got issues with tv info displaying twice. this is an issue with TVheadend not dealing with the EPG properly in my country, however your skin does not really seperate the title/description properly. Confluence shows the same info, only it's displaying it better... the title is in larger bold font, and contains the whole title. See images below to see what i mean:

here you see description displayed twice:

Cheers,
loggio.

(2016-05-23, 13:25)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-05-20, 01:11)loggio Wrote: I've got issues with tv info displaying twice. this is an issue with TVheadend not dealing with the EPG properly in my country, however your skin does not really seperate the title/description properly. Confluence shows the same info, only it's displaying it better... the title is in larger bold font, and contains the whole title. See images below to see what i mean:
loggio.

Looks like you're having issues with your EPG as the description is scraped into the "subtitle" or "episode" field in TVheadend.
I will adjust the details pane to the same defaults as Confluence. Available in next update.

Cheers,
Loggio.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Pipsqueak - 2016-06-21

Stable has updated now, many thanks for this Smile

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - AshG - 2016-06-21

(2016-06-20, 20:36)marcelveldt Wrote: In fact I removed this feature again a few weeks back because it turned out it wasn't working.
My idea once was to have a graphical representation of the timeshift progress inside the progressbar but that lead to a lot of confusion as the bar was shifting to all places. Looks like that feature is not 100% ready yet or it's not suitable for use in a progress bar.

Thanks, its a shame it's not suitable for a progressbar, what about a simple time in minutes indicator? if this is not a prority and your skin is on Github somewhere i'm happy to have a look at it and do a PR if you want?

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - User 224999 - 2016-06-21

(2016-06-18, 04:57)diedrichg Wrote: 1. When I toggle the set focus option the Netflix view appears to "crash" to a default view
2. Switching on Use Large Thumbnail shows just a smaller view of the fan art background. Is this the intended effect? I was expecting to see a larger view of the episode thumbnail (from the tile below).

1) Yes, that can't be helped. The skin is reloaded to change the focus behaviour.
2) It's the intended effect. The episode thumb is very low-res so it would look very crappy.

(2016-06-20, 22:25)malvinas2 Wrote: During the playback the OSD doesn't show the cdart and there is no logo in the upper right corner.

Issue reproduced and fixed. I'll upload new beta of skinhelper later today.

(2016-06-21, 06:35)loggio Wrote: Just digging up an old post.

You should really fix your epg grabber in your PVR setup because that's the real cause for the issue. It's currently filling the episode/subtitle field with the plot info.
I had the same issue with Tvheadend and fixed it by using the python xmltv epg grabber. Now I have all fields correctly set, including episode info etc.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - loggio - 2016-06-21

(2016-06-21, 21:27)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-06-21, 06:35)loggio Wrote: Just digging up an old post.

You should really fix your epg grabber in your PVR setup because that's the real cause for the issue. It's currently filling the episode/subtitle field with the plot info.
I had the same issue with Tvheadend and fixed it by using the python xmltv epg grabber. Now I have all fields correctly set, including episode info etc.

Hmmm not familiar with this? Is this part of tvheadend or a separate addon?

(2016-06-21, 22:24)loggio Wrote: Hmmm not familiar with this? Is this part of tvheadend or a separate addon?

You can use epg grabbers with tvheadend, there are a few available, most of them based on the xmltv format.
I'm using the tv_grab_nl_py grabber but that one is for Dutch channels only. Another good one is the mc2xml xmltv grabber. With a few tweaks you can make that one compatible with tvheadend.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - loggio - 2016-06-22

(2016-06-21, 22:40)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-06-21, 22:24)loggio Wrote: Hmmm not familiar with this? Is this part of tvheadend or a separate addon?

You can use epg grabbers with tvheadend, there are a few available, most of them based on the xmltv format.
I'm using the tv_grab_nl_py grabber but that one is for Dutch channels only. Another good one is the mc2xml xmltv grabber. With a few tweaks you can make that one compatible with tvheadend.

Ah ok. Thanks for the info.

My TV Server backend is one of my spare RPi2's running Libreelec with a usb hdd connected for storage and a hdhomerun network tuner.. I keep this tucked away in my server rack in my garage. I can connect to it remotely via VNC and ssh if I need to configure it. But it's quietly tucked away and runs flawless.It's the most efficient solution I could come up with without having to leave a full blown computer running 24/7 just for tv. So I'm probably limited with what I can achieve with xml grabbers given my setup.

I'll just stick with what I have, it seems to work very well.
Just a shame about the OTA epg data tvheadend creates.

I've used other backend over the years and none of them had the issue with epg repeating itself. Just seems to be tvheadend.

I'll put up with it. It's not really an issue... Just me being an OCD freak haha

Thanks again for your help. Keep up the great work.

Loggio.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Simograndi - 2016-06-22

Hi marcel, I've found a small issue in beta .73: browsing music albums with Small list view with infos and large thumbnail enabled, shows the artist fanart instead of album cover + cdart like it has always been until now and in new stable version. Is this a bug or a wanted thing? Personally I liked the old way, showing the album cover and not artist images

Please check thank you Smile

Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - horstepipe - 2016-06-22

(2016-05-28, 19:36)epicfail Wrote:
(2016-05-28, 11:15)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-05-27, 21:45)oattes Wrote: As far as I know this has always been the behaviour when extra fanart is enabled. I had a discussion with Marcel a long ways back about it and I think we came to the conclusion that it is just the way Kodi works. The 'problem' (as I understand it) is that the skinning engine just wants to use the standard Kodi background from the library scrape. When you enable extra fanart, it's the skin helper the provides the fanart specification to the skinning engine as an 'update' (by way of a variable managed through the skin helper and used by the skin). However, the skin helper is running in a thread separate from the skin engine. This means that there is a potential gap between when a new library item is selected and the skin engine displays the standard background and when the skin helper serves up the background from the extra fanart lists. On a powerful platform (e.g. windows htpc) this results in an occasional flicker of the background art when an item is first selected. This is where I noticed this effect -- a small annoyance for me. On a platform with more limited processing power, I can imagine much larger and much more noticeable gap -- possibly on the order of a second -- which would be very annoying. I'm not sure this can be helped, but Marcel can comment further.

I just wanted to note that this 'problem' is definitely not new -- I have seen it since the very early beta's of the skin for Jarvis (which was also in beta at the time).

Almost correct... The extrafanart is indeed set by the skinhelper service but this is done in just a few milliseconds. The problem is that Kodi uses a so called multiimage control to display a path of images and Kodi takes a little while to load the images from that path into memory. On fast systems you will not very likely see this but on slower systems this is noticable.

I'm not sure if I can even solve this but I'll give it a try later this week.

EDIT: I might have found a fix. Please try the next beta to see if it's resolved.

Thx marcelveldt....it seems fixed. Looks very smooth now. Big GrinBig Grin

thank you!!!
Just a little, fussy thing (no problem if there is no way to bypass it, just want to call your attention to it):
Zapping through the movie list now has a new behavior: The fan arts show up fine without the flickering, but the first fan art has a way shorter view time than the other/extra fan arts.

Trying to make it more clear:
You mark/choose a movie, the fan art stays for about 2 seconds and changes when the disc art comes up, then the other fan arts show up in the specified interval (6,8,10,15 or 20 seconds).

This gives the view a little unsettled feel.

Regards

edit: sorry, just saw that you already mentioned it as an unsolvable behavior

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Blackkatt - 2016-06-22

Is it only me or did something break? homescreen-enhanced has no thumbs on the left side, and music and all after that is empty too...

I will confirm tomorrow, will update to latest ones more. Atm am back to previous build.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Snoevit - 2016-06-22

(2016-06-22, 22:10)Blackkatt Wrote: Is it only me or did something break? homescreen-enhanced has no thumbs on the left side, and music and all after that is empty too...

I will confirm tomorrow, will update to latest ones more. Atm am back to previous build.

Prob. not you. for a few days now ( 2? ) i cannot press left on homescreen to get to the powermenu. Have to use mouse to open it.
I dont know if it was an update doing this, since im always away when starting Kodi on my HTPC, so i never notice any progress bars^^, but it worked last week like a charm Tongue

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - RamboUnchained - 2016-06-23

H265 files are using the H264 flag.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - komplex - 2016-06-23

Bear with me for a minute i'm trying to figure out if this is a Kodi thing or a skin thing. So i queue up a season to watch and it gives me the total time (container id i think) in the bottom right

So from the above image i have watched the first episode yet the total time still shows well the total time as it's everything in view(container), can you add a "Hide Watched" to the sideblade so the total time updates without having to manually remove items for it to update or is this down to Kodi not having this option