Kodi Community Forum
Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) (/showthread.php?tid=247525)

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - nexus7 - 2017-03-15

Yesterday I recognized, that it was not possible to add new menu & submenu items anymore.

I reinstalled Titan as well as SPMC (jarvis/actual version) but it´still not working.
The system runnned well in this config for several month.

Is there anything I can do?

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - gloriousno1 - 2017-03-15

i think there maybe a bug with the temperature. When i change the settings to Fahrenheit from Celsius and also change international settings from USA to UK the temp shows the Celsius temp as Fahrenheit, i.e its was 32C and after i changed it reads 32F which is incorrect.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - lviperz - 2017-03-15

(2017-03-14, 23:07)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-12, 15:46)lviperz Wrote: I might have spoken too soon. Seems that after letting spmc run for a while the pvr tile thumbnail returns to the default pic and the background stops displaying. I'm not sure yet as to hong long after startup this happens or what might trigger it, but the only way I've found to get the images back is to exit spmc and start it up again.
Sounds like something is crashing. Please have a look at your kodi log once the issue occurs. There might be one or more serious errors there.
Please provide me those error(s) and/or the Kodi logfile.

I've been looking and I don't see anything. I've had debug turned on and leave it running waiting for it to stop working. About the only thing I can see so far is either my mythtv connection breaks for a moment (I am doing this remotely as you did) and/or when I'm manually refreshing the artwork for the recordings. I have noticed after doing a few shows in a row quickly that upon returning to the home screen is when I might see the pvr thumbnail and background broken.

I have figured out the error of not finding the pvr art though. Well sort of. I went through the menu and toughed each and every recording which I believe forced a pvr artwork update. Instead of waiting on it to happen automatically. After I was done with that then the home screen tile and background never missed a beat. But I must have crashed the pve addon with all of the artwork lookups because I had to quit and restart spmc to force the pve to reconnect. I noticed the homescreen tile and background wasn't working again but this time I couldn't even pull up a list of recordings. So after the restart I've not seen the tile and background show a blank since.

UPDATE:
Here are some errors I got during the last home screen tile and background breaking. This happened when I started looking at the timers.

08:38:55 T:5032 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)Myth:TonguerotoBase::HangException: protocol connection hang with error 10054
08:38:55 T:13692 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)Myth:TonguerotoBase::SendCommand: failed (10054)
08:38:55 T:13692 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)Myth:TonguerotoBase::HangException: protocol connection hang with error 10054

(2017-03-14, 23:07)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-12, 15:46)lviperz Wrote: I also noticed when viewing the episode list of a tv show (not pvr) the extra fanart displayed is wrong after a period of time. The first image for the show is correct but when it rotates to the extra fanart I wold sometimes get the image that was displayed on the home screen background when I entered the tv shows list.
Hmmm, does it happen for all shows or just some of them. Can you have a look if those shows should actually have extrafanart ?

I believe this may have been related to above. Not noticing it now or since the update to beta 119.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - borenson - 2017-03-15

(2017-03-15, 00:04)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 22:48)borenson Wrote: When using vertical tiles and having the enable square sub menu on, the submenu disappears when having large widget area set. This has only happened since the last update

It's been like this for a few weeks now... The submenu is in the same panel (area) as the widgets to have a maximum amount of space for the widgets.
I can try to place it outside but that will make the widgets panel smaller.

I noticed someone else has reported this in the kodi 17 thread as well

"Yesterday 18:42 Post: #1247
Titan Beta just updated this afternoon and now the square submenus are missing and all widgets are shifted up and covering the title area. I'm using the Modern Big Vertical layout. It also doesn't allow me to arrow over onto the widgets. The cursor can only go up or down along the menu. I have to use the mouse to get to the widgets."

I would really like the square submenu back if possible . Smile

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - User 224999 - 2017-03-16

(2017-03-14, 23:35)burekas Wrote: Can you make it possible also for the others in the future?
I will glad if you will add it to your TO-DO list.

Currently I know about 2 situations that the lowering doesn't work:
* Widget rows: Single Widget Large
* Widget rows: Multiple widgets (With only 1 widget. When there are more than 1 it seems that it works)

Yes, atm it's only implemented for a single a single, 1 row widget as that had the least impact on system performance.
I squashed all code from the skin that caused stability issues or performance issues or in some cases made me crazy because of the complexity. I will add it to my todo list but no guarantees. Maybe I'll find a way to implement it on a clean way without all those workarounds.

(2017-03-01, 23:25)burekas Wrote: e) It seems that you expanded the gap between the widgets or increased the widget size. So in some menu items there is now vertical scroll bar which isn't looking nice. ("Widget rows: Multiple Widgets" )
I don't see a significant change since before.

I forgot a spot. Fixed in next update.

(2017-03-01, 23:25)burekas Wrote: Would you please consider it and make an effort and add this to your TO-DO list and bringing back this option of "Set background as widget ## fanart" instead of taking the first one?
I'll be thankful.
(It doesn't look good if I put the "Single box" at the top when there are 3 widgets)

Yes, I will take a look but I must say that this exact feature and the widget rotation are just the 2 things that caused stability issues so I'm very carefull with them. If I come up with an idea to fix it without compromising stability and complexity I will do so right away.

(2017-03-01, 23:25)burekas Wrote: ** And by the way, when I move to an items in the main menu, and its background set to be as widget fanart, it usually don't show the widget fanart until the next changing (when there is rotation)
In that case the widget's item probably didn't had any fanart ?

(2017-03-01, 23:25)burekas Wrote: You fixed it with the single box, but now it happens with "landscape small" layout.
Screenshot: https://s18.postimg.org/newxdnqrt/01b.png
Fixed in next update.

(2017-03-01, 23:25)burekas Wrote: I stand on the widget, and moving each time to the next item in the widget.
The correct behavior should be that I see the fanart of each item.
But what happens is that sometimes the Global fanart is shown for a half second and then switch to the next widget item fanart.

That's normal behaviour. In that case the fanart isn't already loaded in the texture cache. It's lazy loaded. On very fast systems you would not notice that but on some slower systems or if the images comes from an external source you will notice that.
This is especially true for addons content.

(2017-03-15, 09:27)nexus7 Wrote: Yesterday I recognized, that it was not possible to add new menu & submenu items anymore.

I reinstalled Titan as well as SPMC (jarvis/actual version) but it´still not working.
The system runnned well in this config for several month.

Please wait a couple of days. An update will be available asap to fix it.

(2017-03-15, 11:31)gloriousno1 Wrote: i think there maybe a bug with the temperature. When i change the settings to Fahrenheit from Celsius and also change international settings from USA to UK the temp shows the Celsius temp as Fahrenheit, i.e its was 32C and after i changed it reads 32F which is incorrect.

In that same settings section you can also set the temperature unit.

(2017-03-15, 15:39)lviperz Wrote: Here are some errors I got during the last home screen tile and background breaking. This happened when I started looking at the timers.

08:38:55 T:5032 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)Myth:TonguerotoBase::HangException: protocol connection hang with error 10054
08:38:55 T:13692 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)Myth:TonguerotoBase::SendCommand: failed (10054)
08:38:55 T:13692 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)Myth:TonguerotoBase::HangException: protocol connection hang with error 10054

Hmm, I have no idea what that means. It's definitely not skin related.
Maybe indeed your connection to mythtv PVR hangs from time to time.

(2017-03-15, 21:14)borenson Wrote: I would really like the square submenu back if possible . Smile

Oops, sorry, I did not read your post well enough. Issue found and will be fixed in next update

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - boxon - 2017-03-16

Hi, I use your wonderful skin since one year but last update have lot of problems: (sorry for my very bad english)

I use vertical menu in "confluence style"
- Color of home menu cover the logo. Logo is not visible.

-Fixed focus with poster details is a good idea but not working on android tvbox. So Movie info go out of the screen to the right. Seems ok in Windows. (EDIT: My bad i'ts working when i configure Wiggets individually but not with the main option "Layout for Widgets")

-Widgets in singles rows go out of the screen too. It's not very important but i prefered before. (edit: with large widget area only)

-If i have 5 widgets, last one is not accessible. ok with 6

-Infos of video on home screen (without large widget area) seems to not stay in cache and reload every time with an unpleasant visual effect on android. It was ok before.
Before it display title when there is no info. now it display "no information available" twice... Once again, it was better before
-
-Loading of widgets is very slow. it was quicker before.
and many other disapointments for me. I've finished my build 2 days ago, after many months of tests and headaches and all is destroy now Sad

Is there a way to use previous version of TITAN and disable updates ? I tried to disable auto-updates in kodi repo and other stuffs but Titan make udate every time...

Edit: I don't want to blame you , thank you very much for your awesome work but i'm just rather annoyed at this moment. Smile

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - ryadre - 2017-03-17

Hi, i have recently just gone back to using Titan skin. I have it on my shield with latest spmc. I notice that while watching a show if I touch the remote button the video freezes and the audio continues and it freezes up spmc. I then have to force close spmc and start again. Any suggestions please? On a side note I have put titan on my windows laptop as well using kodi 16 and today it doesnt even load the skin properly, had to revert back to confluence. No big deal, the sheild is my main unit.

Edit, also I have teh same issue as above not being able to add extra menu items in.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - boxon - 2017-03-17

(2017-03-17, 00:57)ryadre Wrote: Hi, i have recently just gone back to using Titan skin. I have it on my shield with latest spmc. I notice that while watching a show if I touch the remote button the video freezes and the audio continues and it freezes up spmc. I then have to force close spmc and start again. Any suggestions please? On a side note I have put titan on my windows laptop as well using kodi 16 and today it doesnt even load the skin properly, had to revert back to confluence. No big deal, the sheild is my main unit.

Edit, also I have teh same issue as above not being able to add extra menu items in.

For adding extra menu, instal marcelveldt repository, it will make updates of many skinhelper stuff and fix it.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - magicarius - 2017-03-17

A little question, sorry if has been said but not found. Widgets weather and system info on 3.6.120 background (fanart) not change when select different tab.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - andymp3 - 2017-03-17

Hi!
Running still Jarvis, it seems Titan updated this morning (3/17)? Settings got wacked, that ok. But .. seems PVR channel widget not working, and there is no Recently Added Music Video widget anymore? Is that right? Maybe should turn off auto-updates and try to revert? Thanks!

Andy

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - lviperz - 2017-03-17

(2017-03-17, 15:39)andymp3 Wrote: Hi!
Running still Jarvis, it seems Titan updated this morning (3/17)? Settings got wacked, that ok. But .. seems PVR channel widget not working, and there is no Recently Added Music Video widget anymore? Is that right? Maybe should turn off auto-updates and try to revert? Thanks!

Andy

My pvr channel widget is working. Maybe try exiting kodi and getting back in. I've had to do that many times after an update.