Kodi Community Forum
Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) (/showthread.php?tid=247525)

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - maddog11 - 2016-02-27

(2016-02-27, 00:46)gkf9 Wrote: Just started getting exception in content provider unknown kind , anyone else getting this? Updated my Nivida Sheild to Marshmallow, would this have anything to do with?

It's only the Titan skin that's causing the problem tho.

i was getting this. I deleted the YouTube shortcut and the error has now gone.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - gkf9 - 2016-02-27

Ok thanks, bit of a pain as I use the YT app alot. Can't understand why it's started to do this tho? Was working fine before I went on holiday?

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - User 224999 - 2016-02-27

(2016-02-27, 09:11)gkf9 Wrote: Ok thanks, bit of a pain as I use the YT app alot. Can't understand why it's started to do this tho? Was working fine before I went on holiday?

See the youtube thread about this. It's a known issue. There are some instructions at that thread how to solve it.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - burekas - 2016-02-27

Questions regarding updating to 3.6.xx:
1) If I still have 3.5.xx and install Kodi 16, will kodi still working or it will be opened with Confluence, so I will just need to install 3.6.xx?
2) After installation of 3.6.xx, are all the settings will be kept from 3.5.xx or I need to backup before of the 3.5.xx settings & color theme in order to restore it in 3.6.xx?

Thanks.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - User 224999 - 2016-02-27

(2016-02-27, 16:28)burekas Wrote: Questions regarding updating to 3.6.xx:
1) If I still have 3.5.xx and install Kodi 16, will kodi still working or it will be opened with Confluence, so I will just need to install 3.6.xx?
2) After installation of 3.6.xx, are all the settings will be kept from 3.5.xx or I need to backup before of the 3.5.xx settings & color theme in order to restore it in 3.6.xx?

Thanks.

1) If you're using the stable version Kodi will auto update the skin to the 3.6 version, which is designed for Jarvis. If you're using the beta, it woný auto update and you'll have to select the correct Jarvis beta from the Emby beta repo.

2) See above, for the beta you need to make a backup in the skin settings and import that backup in the 3.6 version.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - oattes - 2016-02-28

Something is strange with the operation of the backgrounds in the latest version (or few -- not sure when it started happening). In my case, I have random backgrounds (extra fan art) from (library) TV Series set for the background on the home screen when the TV Series item is selected. However, what plays is fan art from the last selected widget (e.g. next tv episode). Furthermore the cycle time is 6 seconds rather than 15 seconds (media library setting vs. home screen setting).

The same behaviour occurs with Movie backgrounds on the home screen. What is shown is the fan art from the last selected widget (e.g. recently added movies) on a 6 second cycle.

And, it does not happen if I set the skin to defaults. LOL, more regression testing ;-)

Phew! that was quick --> 'enable extra fan art' in the media library view seems to trigger the problem.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Syncopation - 2016-02-28

(2016-02-27, 14:30)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-02-27, 09:11)gkf9 Wrote: Ok thanks, bit of a pain as I use the YT app alot. Can't understand why it's started to do this tho? Was working fine before I went on holiday?

See the youtube thread about this. It's a known issue. There are some instructions at that thread how to solve it.

EDIT: Link is here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200735&pid=2261003#pid2261003

And for me, after installing YouTube add-on v5.1.20.1 from zip, the error msg is gone.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - gkf9 - 2016-02-28

Ok thanks, installed the new YT zip that's working great now.

Keep getting this nag screen all the time now too, happens only when I go into skin settings in Titan or after a Kodi reboot.
Annoying as hell!

I've deleted the Tian beta skin and reinstalled still no joy.
Any Ideas?

If I select yes it fails to install, if I select no it goes away till the next time I reboot or go into skin settings.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - User 224999 - 2016-02-28

(2016-02-28, 15:23)gkf9 Wrote: Ok thanks, installed the new YT zip that's working great now.

Keep getting this nag screen all the time now too, happens only when I go into skin settings in Titan or after a Kodi reboot.

That screen is 100% for sure not presented by the skin!
You have installed some malicious addon or something,

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - User 224999 - 2016-02-28

(2016-02-28, 00:48)oattes Wrote: Something is strange with the operation of the backgrounds in the latest version (or few -- not sure when it started happening). In my case, I have random backgrounds (extra fan art) from (library) TV Series set for the background on the home screen when the TV Series item is selected. However, what plays is fan art from the last selected widget (e.g. next tv episode). Furthermore the cycle time is 6 seconds rather than 15 seconds (media library setting vs. home screen setting).

The same behaviour occurs with Movie backgrounds on the home screen. What is shown is the fan art from the last selected widget (e.g. recently added movies) on a 6 second cycle.

And, it does not happen if I set the skin to defaults. LOL, more regression testing ;-)

Phew! that was quick --> 'enable extra fan art' in the media library view seems to trigger the problem.

Thanks for the catch and the investigation ;-)
I have just fixed this, just in time for new stable release. Will also provide new beta

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Simograndi - 2016-02-28

Hi Marcel, I have a small issue with an Artist ClearLogo: it's the AC/DC one. There's no way to make it show.

I have the music library structured in folders by iTunes, so the "AC/DC" folder is of course named "AC_DC". This band's name gives always many problems because of the "/", for eg. CDArtManager saves the "logo.png" under "Music\AC\DC" folder. Anyway until some time ago (before the builtin logo download feature) the logo worked also because I manuallly placed the logo.png image in the proper artist folder. But since your new system it seems that the skin is no more able to show the logo for this only band. All others are working great.

Please give it a look when you have time, no hurry of course it's a very small thing Smile Also in the meantime please check if there's some way to speed up the reading of album covers (maybe with some cache or skipping search for complete items) because reading from NAS the music it's quite slow to show all images. It's way faster with other skins so it isn't just a network issue.

Thanks and wayting for next stable Smile

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - oattes - 2016-02-28

OK, it looks like you fixed the problem (background) for videos (TV Shows, Movies), but there is a similar problem with Music backgrounds. There is also a problem with Photo backgrounds, but that one is weird. When I move to the Photo tile from the 'System' tile (custom, to the right of the Photo tile), the photo background appears properly. However, when I move to the Photo tile from the 'Music' tile (customized, to the left of the Photo tile), the background stays 'stuck' on the music background -- which, in turn, is stuck on the artist for the selected widget tile. It may be that the photo background issue is a consequence of the 'stuck' Music background.... hold off on that release just a bit more ;-)

cheers, Lee

Update: this one seems a little different, however. Sometimes the background for Music is fine *until* you move into a widget tile. Then the background get's stuck -- some kind of 'exit' code is not running on leaving the widget to reset the normal 'home' background processing. (I was looking at your fix in the ListItemMonitor code ;-).

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - gkf9 - 2016-02-29

(2016-02-28, 21:13)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 15:23)gkf9 Wrote: Ok thanks, installed the new YT zip that's working great now.

If I can post a log, will you be able to point me in the right direction to find the malicious add on ?

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - oattes - 2016-02-29

(2016-02-29, 00:08)gkf9 Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 21:13)marcelveldt Wrote:

If I can post a log, will you be able to point me in the right direction to find the malicious add on ?

I think Marcel is trying to be nice and not to blatantly point out that you are asking questions about a banned add-on/repository. So perhaps I'll speak up and say, we can't help you here. C.F. The Piracy Box Sellers and Youtube Promoters Are Killing Kodi and the forum rules?

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - User 224999 - 2016-02-29

(2016-02-28, 22:55)oattes Wrote: OK, it looks like you fixed the problem (background) for videos (TV Shows, Movies), but there is a similar problem with Music backgrounds. There is also a problem with Photo backgrounds, but that one is weird. When I move to the Photo tile from the 'System' tile (custom, to the right of the Photo tile), the photo background appears properly. However, when I move to the Photo tile from the 'Music' tile (customized, to the left of the Photo tile), the background stays 'stuck' on the music background -- which, in turn, is stuck on the artist for the selected widget tile. It may be that the photo background issue is a consequence of the 'stuck' Music background.... hold off on that release just a bit more ;-)

cheers, Lee

Update: this one seems a little different, however. Sometimes the background for Music is fine *until* you move into a widget tile. Then the background get's stuck -- some kind of 'exit' code is not running on leaving the widget to reset the normal 'home' background processing. (I was looking at your fix in the ListItemMonitor code ;-).

Hmm, strange.. it is exactly that what I fixed today. Did you also update skinhelper to the latest version and restart Kodi ?
I guess so because you're looking at the fix I made but just to be safe ;-)