Kodi Community Forum
Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) (/showthread.php?tid=247525)

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - benny2289 - 2016-03-14

Having a few problems since updating to jarvis with the tiran skin:
1. When in panel detail view, the genre if the show/movie just shows up as "tvshows" or "movies"
2. The skin is freezing every niw and then and crashing kodi.

Are there known issues that are currently being worked on?

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - mihawk90 - 2016-03-14

(2016-03-14, 19:56)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 18:55)mihawk90 Wrote: This happens when I send Kodi from my main monitor (1920x1080) to my second monitor (1440x900) with the windows (Win + Shift + Right /Left) shortcut. When I send it back to the main monitor, the spinning disc is fine again, I suspect it doesn't redraw/recalculates the layer when I switch it over, everything else in the skin seems to be fine with it though.

That's because your first monitor has an aspect ration of 16:9 and your second monitor has 16:10, so basically you're trying to show content rendered at 16:9 on 16:10. Result: all content will be stretched which will not look good.

Yeah, I figured that was the issue, hence why I posted the resolutions Wink So there is nothing that can be done by the skin itself, Kodi would have to call that on detecting a screen resolution change (or I'd have to bind it myself as you said).
Eh, maybe one day... currently too lazy Tongue But thanks for the hint Smile

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - User 224999 - 2016-03-15

(2016-03-14, 21:33)thebertster Wrote: Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this further?

Thanks you for the very detailed error report!
I had a few more reports about Kodi locking up so something is definitely not in order somewhere.
The issue only is that I can't reproduce it myself. Been clicking around for days without issues :-)

I have worked my way through the code of both the skin and skinhelper and fixed a few things that might be related.
Interesting about your report is that the issue also happens on the Artic exploded skin. This makes me believe the issue lies in the skinhelper addon for now but it can also be a coincidence.

I will post a new beta version of both the skin and the skinhelper in a few minutes to the beta repo.
Can you please test with that if the issue is resolved ? I hope my code rework somehow magically fixed the issue ;-)

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - benrita - 2016-03-15

(2016-03-14, 17:11)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 03:47)benrita Wrote: Auto update to 3.6.43 and Biglist 2 view has changed. Poster is now on far right and if info panel in centre the disc art hides alot of it.
Before you could have poster in centre and move info panel to far right, now info panel only moves from left hand side to the centre.
Is this now the standard for Biglist 2 ?

No it's not the new default. It was a request from somone, I included it just to see how it would look.
Will be removed again in next beta or made an option.

Thank you
Titan is by far the cleanest looking skin around, all others seem to be to busy looking.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - kalel90 - 2016-03-15

(2016-03-14, 21:33)thebertster Wrote: Hi,

I've got a really strange problem using Titan on my Kodi setup (Asus EeeBox/ION). Up until now, I've been using the Bello Fredo skin with no issues. When I went to Jarvis, that skin continued to work OK, but it's now been pulled and isn't being actively worked on, so I started looking at alternatives. I've tried every skin I can find, but the only two which I like sufficiently to switch are Titan (which I REALLY like!) and Arctic Zephyr:From Ashes (close second).

With both of these skins, Kodi frequently but randomly locks up completely - there's no consistency in the time frame, but I can usually experience the problem within about 10 minutes of starting up, sometimes much sooner. I have no issues with any other skin I've tried, including Confluence and the aforementioned Bello Fredo. This lock up seems to occur in one of three places, but not in any way consistently (i.e. I can browse through dozens of TV series with no problem, then suddenly the lock up occurs going into one particular series - but next time I reproduce the problem, it will be a different series that triggers the issue - there's no consistency):

1. Entering into a TV Series - locks up with a frozen "loading" animation displayed.
2. Entering into a TV Season - locks up with a frozen "loading" animation displayed.
3. Exiting out of Settings back to the Home screen - locks up with the settings panel partway through its animation. This can happen even when I start with a fresh profile with no media library whatsoever.

When in this state, no remote/keyboard keypresses do anything. External remote applications that use the Kodi web interface (e.g. Yatse) fail to connect. I can SSH onto the box and other processes are unaffected. "top" shows CPU utilisation is low.

Kodi log file, with debugging turned on and also debug functions enabled in the skin.helper script, shows absolutely nothing obvious. The last logged entries look normal (for example, if I had clicked on a TV Series, the last log entries would show successful SQL queries etc.). Some Kodi threads must still be running as I continue to see log entries for UPnP and a few other things.

First off, I tried a completely fresh Kodi profile, with no library and no other add-ons, and still experienced the issue exiting out of Settings.

I then booted an OpenElec Jarvis beta build off a USB stick, fresh profile, installed only the Titan skin, and again experienced the lock up exiting out of Settings. I normally use a MySQL database but in this case, I hadn't even got as far as configuring that - just had a blank local library.

I can leave it in this state for tens of minutes - it never seems to recover until I kill the Kodi process and relaunch or reboot.

But when I switch back to Confluence or Bello Fredo, I have absolutely no issues whatsoever.

I've tried the latest betas from the Emby repo with the same results.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this further?

Im using kodi on a nexus player and can confirm the same issues exactly as described.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - thebertster - 2016-03-15

(2016-03-15, 01:35)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-14, 21:33)thebertster Wrote: Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this further?

Thanks you for the very detailed error report!
I had a few more reports about Kodi locking up so something is definitely not in order somewhere.
The issue only is that I can't reproduce it myself. Been clicking around for days without issues :-)

I have worked my way through the code of both the skin and skinhelper and fixed a few things that might be related.
Interesting about your report is that the issue also happens on the Artic exploded skin. This makes me believe the issue lies in the skinhelper addon for now but it can also be a coincidence.

I will post a new beta version of both the skin and the skinhelper in a few minutes to the beta repo.
Can you please test with that if the issue is resolved ? I hope my code rework somehow magically fixed the issue ;-)

I'll try the beta tonight. The problem does have the hallmarks of some kind of race condition and the fact that you can't reproduce it suggests it might be timing-related. If I still have a problem, is there any extra logging that I can turn on that might be helpful?

Thanks!

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - rossdret - 2016-03-15

Having a very weird issue. Playback is freezing everytime anywhere from 15 seconds to 45 seconds. It doesn't matter if it is youtube stream or local content the issue is the same. It hard freezes so I cannot upload a log during the same kodi instance. I have to reset my computer (Ctrl Alt Del doesn't even work).

What is weird is that it only happens with Titan or Titan beta. I have tried both. Playback works with no issues in confluence.

Things I have done:

- I have updated my video card driver
- Rolled back my video card driver but that did not resolve it either.
- I have done a fresh install of Kodi as well (ensured my user data folder was deleted).
- Deleted all addons
- Did a fresh install of Windows 10 and ensured all updates were completed

I searched multiple threads but couldn't find anyone with the same issues as me. Something in the Titan skin seems to be triggering the crash. Not that Titan is the problem but it only happens in Titan.

Here is my log: http://xbmclogs.com/p3nb600yp#line-603

Can you provide any direction?

I want to start using Titan again!! I miss it soo much. Big Grin

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - ahorne82 - 2016-03-15

(2016-03-14, 20:25)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-13, 17:49)ahorne82 Wrote: Kodi 16
Netflix home screen

Not sure if anyone else is having problems but since last update I have had numerous issues with kodi becoming unresponsive and crashing. The only way to get out of this is to press home button and force close kodi then restart. I have been running this setup without any issues for a while so assume it must have something to do with the update

I didn't see any reports about this so let's do some investigation Smile

A couple of questions:

1. How often does it happen ? Every X Kodi boots I mean.
2. Does it happen only if you're in a particular section ?
3. Are you using PVR with kodi ? If so, does the problem still exist with PVR disabled ?
4. What OS/system are you using ? e.g. windows,mac etc.
5. If it happens on the homescreen only, did you also test with another homescreen layout ?

Sorry for all the questions but I need some info to work with as I can't reproduce the issue on my setup

Thanks for getting back to me.

1. I'm having to restart kodi a dozen times a day
2. This is happening in all sections, while selecting streams and at the end of streams.
3. Not using any PVR.
4. I'm using Android Box with 4.4
5. I haven't tried it with any other homescreen. I just know it wasn't an issue before the update but I will give it a try on other homescreens and report back

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - mikpj - 2016-03-15

Why isnt my background picture not appearing when i install my build on my box:

My link is correct and my jpeg is in the skin/extras/backgrounds folder.

<setting id="skinshortcuts-background-special://skin/extras/backgrounds/the-dark-knight-rises-batman-movie-1920x1080.jpg" type="bool">true</setting>

EDIT:
Could it be my "DASHES"..... i think so, i will test immediatly?

(2016-03-15, 17:09)rossdret Wrote: Having a very weird issue. Playback is freezing everytime anywhere from 15 seconds to 45 seconds. It doesn't matter if it is youtube stream or local content the issue is the same. It hard freezes so I cannot upload a log during the same kodi instance. I have to reset my computer (Ctrl Alt Del doesn't even work).

More and more users are reporting the same freezing issues. Some have it happening while just browsing the skin, some on other sections. There definitely is a bug and I'm hunting like crazy to track it :-)

Did you also test with the latest beta I uploaded yesterday ? version 3.6.44

(2016-03-15, 19:17)mikpj Wrote: Why isnt my background picture not appearing when i install my build on my box:

My link is correct and my jpeg is in the skin/extras/backgrounds folder.

<setting id="skinshortcuts-background-special://skin/extras/backgrounds/the-dark-knight-rises-batman-movie-1920x1080.jpg" type="bool">true</setting>

EDIT:
Could it be my "DASHES"..... i think so, i will test immediatly?

What are you trying to accomplish here ?
NEVER put any background directly in the skin's folder. That will be overwritten by Kodi!
Use another folder on your disk to store your images.

Just browse your file from within the skin stetings and set it as backgrounds. That will be all.
If you can't see all file locations in the file browser for images, you'll have to add the path to the file manager.

(2016-03-15, 14:31)thebertster Wrote: I'll try the beta tonight. The problem does have the hallmarks of some kind of race condition and the fact that you can't reproduce it suggests it might be timing-related. If I still have a problem, is there any extra logging that I can turn on that might be helpful?

Any results yet ? I'm hunting the code like crazy to track down the issue so I'm kind of hoping yesterday's update did fix it.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - thebertster - 2016-03-15

(2016-03-15, 22:04)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 14:31)thebertster Wrote: I'll try the beta tonight. The problem does have the hallmarks of some kind of race condition and the fact that you can't reproduce it suggests it might be timing-related. If I still have a problem, is there any extra logging that I can turn on that might be helpful?

Any results yet ? I'm hunting the code like crazy to track down the issue so I'm kind of hoping yesterday's update did fix it.

Hi. Unfortunately I don't see any change in behaviour with the beta. Still freezing in various different places, but most reproducibly when browsing TV shows. I can usually get it to freeze within a few clicks in and out of different shows after a fresh reboot. 3.6.44 and skin helper 1.0.61.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - User 224999 - 2016-03-16

(2016-03-15, 23:50)thebertster Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 22:04)marcelveldt Wrote:

Hi. Unfortunately I don't see any change in behaviour with the beta. Still freezing in various different places, but most reproducibly when browsing TV shows. I can usually get it to freeze within a few clicks in and out of different shows after a fresh reboot. 3.6.44 and skin helper 1.0.61.

Thanks for testing! Can you do me a favor? On the filesystem, just temporary move the folder for script.skinhelper.service out of the addons folder to test without skinhelper? A lot of skin features will break but browsing should work. If the issue still happens, the bug is in the skin

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - thebertster - 2016-03-16

(2016-03-16, 00:20)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 23:50)thebertster Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 22:04)marcelveldt Wrote: Any results yet ? I'm hunting the code like crazy to track down the issue so I'm kind of hoping yesterday's update did fix it.

Thanks for testing! Can you do me a favor? On the filesystem, just temporary move the folder for script.skinhelper.service out of the addons folder to test without skinhelper? A lot of skin features will break but browsing should work. If the issue still happens, the bug is in the skin

Will do!