Kodi Community Forum
Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) (/showthread.php?tid=247525)

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - User 224999 - 2016-03-23

(2016-03-18, 23:35)Simograndi Wrote: Great work thanks! There is an indeed improvement, but music widgets and backgrounds still takes a couple of minutes for me to load... Anyway I think it would be related to NAS reading from net (gigabit anyway) a large amount of files required for the widgets... The only fast ones are the confluence ones, which aren't real widgets anyway.
It should really only take a couple of seconds, on first startup maybe 30 seconds to load all widgets, definitely not minutes.
Also it will get faster in time as content is cached.
If it continues to be slow, please enable the verbose logging option in the skin helper service addon settings. Restart Kodi and wait uintill all widgets/backgrounds are loaded. After that close down Kodi and send me your kodi log file.

(2016-03-18, 23:35)Simograndi Wrote: I still have the "AC/DC" issue with no logo showing up... can you check it again?
Please press ContextMenu while you have the artist AC/DC selected --> Artwork settings --> Auto lookup.
Does that fix it ?

(2016-03-18, 23:35)Simograndi Wrote: one last thing: I've seen since 2-3 betas that on startup the PVR channel loading starts very late, exactly as soon as the weather is loaded, which takes longer than usual. It seems to work fine with other skins, what could it be?
What do you mean by this ? The PVR manager starting up ?
Are you on beta or stable of the skin ?

(2016-03-21, 17:48)boro boy Wrote: Just a quick question as you are busy trying to fix the freeze bug in the skin, but still seem to have issues with the Skin Helper.Service not picking up certain cdarts from the music collection and can't quite seem to figure out why, as the file structure is the same for all my music. For example it won't pick Adele up for some reason but the next artist along which is Aerosmith it picks up the disc art. Have tried refreshing the the artwork through the context menu then artwork setting but does not seem to update, so just a heads up for when you get chance to have a look at this or waether this has already been raised by anyone else and been fixed.

Yeah, I noticed this too and fixed it yesterday.
If you want to try the fix, please install the latest beta of the skinhelper addon from the emby repo or wait a few days (as I'm about to update it on the kodi repo)

(2016-03-21, 19:40)browned Wrote: On my shields, which have had the settings restored from a central backup, when I select a TV show from "Recently Added TV Shows" widget, I get a blank Extended Info screen, pressing back takes me to the correct tv show seasons view. The Shields do not have extended info installed and all the extended info settings are disabled. On my PC which does have the extended info installed I do not get that screen as the extended info is disabled.

Strange issue... I can't reproduce this one. Can you try to re-assign the widget on a shield device to see if that helps ?

(2016-03-21, 19:40)browned Wrote: The other issue I see is that when I start a tv show from a widget directly (next episodes) when the episode is finished the widget is still down, but there is no default selection. I have to press up twice to get back to the widget. The TV shows logo also seems to be stuck at the top of the screen (half showing). Again this is probably due to there being no default selection. Once I press up twice the default selection and the logo appear correctly. If up is not pressed the home screen is kind of hidden so navigation is difficult.

Yeah, I have seen that a couple of times on my own living room httpc too and every time I notice it and try to reproduce on my dev machine it doesn''t happen :-) Anyway, I have just changed something in the code that might be related. I will provide a new skin-beta tomorrow so please test with that if the issue is fixed.

(2016-03-21, 20:30)malvinas2 Wrote: But in general there seem to exist once again problems with CD-Arts and Logos in conjunction with music.
At least with Kodi 15.2 I experience problems, cdarts not shown during playback, logos not shown in the footer of the list view.

Can you download this:
http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/script.skin.helper.service/script.skin.helper.service-1.0.67.zip

Just download the file and choose install by zip in the settings --> addons

(2016-03-22, 15:09)clarkes71 Wrote: Not sure when this started happening, but watched movies are missing from the 'Recently added' in the widget. If I go to the SubMenu 'Recently Added' for movies, the watched movies are present.

watched movies have always been hidden from the recently added movies widget. Do you want me to make that optional ?

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - komplex - 2016-03-23

Skin helper crashes when you press info on widget items, it's the latest version from the beta repo

PHP Code:
22:48:57 T:1760  NOTICESkin Helper Service --> started loading script entry
:48:57 T:1760  NOTICESkin Helper Service --> Parameter string: {'ACTION''showinfo''EPISODEID''1691'}
22:48:57 T:1760   ERROREXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - 
NOTEIGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>

Error Contents: global name 'WINDOW' is not defined
                                            Traceback 
(most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\KompLeX\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\default.py"line 310in <module>

Main()

File "C:\Users\KompLeX\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\default.py"line 122in __init__
                                                info_dialog 
GUI"script-skin_helper_service-CustomInfo.xml" utils.ADDON_PATH"Default""1080i"listitem=lizcontent=content )

File "C:\Users\KompLeX\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\InfoDialog.py"line 15in __init__
                                                WINDOW
.setProperty("SkinHelper.WidgetContainer","999")

NameError: global name 'WINDOW' is not defined

-->End of Python script error report<-- 

(2016-03-22, 16:41)Bearcat1971 Wrote: is m&ms awesome TV stuff working?? its blank.. worked the other day and doesnt anymore but i dont see anyone else complaining... thanks

Wrong forum dude, please respect the forum rules !

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Benzino - 2016-03-23

(2016-03-22, 19:32)oattes Wrote: The bulk of the text presented in the 'Nextup Service Notification' seems to have gone missing. C.f. the following snapshot:

Note only the title shows -- missing episode number and plot information.

+1 on this. I've had this issue with Next Up notification and other skins before, I usually try to fix it myself.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Simograndi - 2016-03-23

(2016-03-23, 00:29)marcelveldt Wrote: It should really only take a couple of seconds, on first startup maybe 30 seconds to load all widgets, definitely not minutes.
Also it will get faster in time as content is cached.
If it continues to be slow, please enable the verbose logging option in the skin helper service addon settings. Restart Kodi and wait uintill all widgets/backgrounds are loaded. After that close down Kodi and send me your kodi log file.
All my widgets except for Recently Added Albums take seconds in fact... just that is slow. Ayway here it is the verbose LOG: LINK

(2016-03-23, 00:29)marcelveldt Wrote: Please press ContextMenu while you have the artist AC/DC selected --> Artwork settings --> Auto lookup.
Does that fix it ?
Nope. I did it also "live" in the above log. I've browsed many times the whole music library to cache up everything and also tried the Precache option (to speed up things), but no luck...

(2016-03-23, 00:29)marcelveldt Wrote: What do you mean by this ? The PVR manager starting up ?
Are you on beta or stable of the skin ?
Latest beta version on Jarvis 16.1 RC1. Anyway it happens this (with your skin only for now): Open Kodi, it hangs a while to load Weather infos (I use Yahoo as provider) and only then it starts collecting the TV channels from backend. I also tried to remove the weather tile/widget from home but nothing changed. Again, with confluence it works fine, weather instantly loaded and also che channel scraping starts immediately at launch.

Anyway I think that the thing that makes your skin heavy and sometimes slow compared to default ones are the Skin Widgets and Shortcuts addons, but those aren't yours right?

Thanks and good night

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - oattes - 2016-03-23

(2016-03-22, 23:38)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 18:58)oattes Wrote: Still seeing this problem:
back to main music tile: background changes, but it's still Manhattan Transfer (and it will stick here!).
Fixed in next beta of skinhelper (already pushed to the repo)

Confirmed fixed.

(2016-03-22, 23:38)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 18:58)oattes Wrote: Also, after Kodi is (re)started, it still takes a few minutes (2-5?) for backgrounds to appear on the home screen for music and photo tile selections.
Hmm, it should load instantly because all info is cached.
If you still have this issue can you do me a favor ?
1. In the addon settings for the skinhelper addon, enable verbose logging.
2. Restart Kodi and wait untill the images are shown.
3. Close Kodi and provide me your Kodi logfile.(please do not enable kodi debug logging)

The new skin helper seems to get the music backgrounds up from the cache. However, Photo backgrounds are still delayed. I did as you suggest and here are some of the indications from the log file: (thread 5712)

18:49:30 T:5712 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> getJson VideoLibrary.GetMovies - response: {u'limits': {u'start': 0, u'total': 0, u'end': 0}}
18:49:30 T:5712 ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> BackgroundsUpdater.setImageFromPath --> media array empty or error so add this path to blacklist... SkinHelper.InProgressMoviesBackground
18:49:30 T:5712 ERROR: None
18:49:30 T:5712 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> BackgroundsUpdater.setImageFromPath --> image array or cache empty so skipping this path until next restart - SkinHelper.InProgressMoviesBackground
18:49:30 T:5712 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> getJson Files.GetDirectory - response: {u'limits': {u'start': 0, u'total': 0, u'end': 0}}
18:49:31 T:5712 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> get music artwork for libpath: musicdb://artists/ - artist: Magna Canta - album:
18:49:31 T:5712 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> getMusicArtwork found songs for artist --> [{u'album': u'Enchanted Spirits', u'comment': u'', u'songid': 9639, u'rating': 0, u'file': u'smb://HOMEMC/Media/Music/Magna Canta/Enchanted Spirits/01 \xc6thera et Terra.mp3', u'musicbrainzartistid': [u'f70c74b7-a9d7-4da9-8079-14c50e374f67'], u'artist': [u'Magna Canta'], u'fanart': u'', u'lastplayed': u'', u'label': u'\xc6thera et Terra', u'genre': [], u'track': 1, u'displayartist': u'Magna Canta', u'duration': 319, u'title': u'\xc6thera et Terra', u'playcount': 0, u'thumbnail': u'image://smb%3a%2f%2fHOMEMC%2fMedia%2fMusic%2fMagna%20Canta%2fSanctuary%2ffolder.jpg/'}]
18:49:31 T:5712 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> getMusicArtwork - folder found on disk for Enchanted Spirits
18:49:31 T:5712 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> getMusicBrainzId -- artist: - Magna Canta - album: Enchanted Spirits - track: Æthera et Terra
18:49:32 T:5712 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> getMusicBrainzId results for artist Magna Canta - artistid: f70c74b7-a9d7-4da9-8079-14c50e374f67 - albumid: f5c7ad68-bf3b-3876-9ecf-005740097042
18:49:32 T:5712 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> get fanart.tv images for type: album - id: f5c7ad68-bf3b-3876-9ecf-005740097042
18:49:33 T:5712 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> get fanart.tv images FAILED for type: album - id: f5c7ad68-bf3b-3876-9ecf-005740097042 - statuscode: 404

.... and many more lines (~800)

18:50:44 T:5712 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> get music artwork for libpath: musicdb://songs/ - artist: [u'Michael Brecker'] - album: Michael Brecker
18:50:44 T:5712 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> getMusicArtwork artist: Michael Brecker - track: - album: Michael Brecker
18:50:44 T:5712 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> getMusicArtwork found album details --> {u'description': u'', u'artist': [u'Michael Brecker'], u'fanart': u'image://http%3a%2f%2fassets.fanart.tv%2ffanart%2fmusic%2f795058e7-927e-4fcd-a5a0-f57c2fe9d3d1%2fartistbackground%2fbrecker-michael-4fb49a80cd088.jpg/', u'thumbnail': u'', u'musicbrainzalbumartistid': [u'795058e7-927e-4fcd-a5a0-f57c2fe9d3d1'], u'label': u'Michael Brecker', u'albumid': 924, u'artistid': [85], u'displayartist': u'Michael Brecker', u'musicbrainzalbumid': u'80f7de8d-0fc5-357e-98d3-0213708cecbd'}
18:50:44 T:5712 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> getMusicArtwork found songs for artist --> [{u'album': u'Above the Clouds', u'comment': u'', u'songid': 2221, u'rating': 0, u'file': u"smb://HOMEMC/Media/Music/Brian Simpson/Above the Clouds/11 Brian Simpson feat. Michael Brecker - That's Right.mp3", u'musicbrainzartistid': [u'984d1733-3188-4b0e-ae13-7b75110adc2f', u'795058e7-927e-4fcd-a5a0-f57c2fe9d3d1'], u'artist': [u'Brian Simpson', u'Michael Brecker'], u'fanart': dia%2fMusic%2fMichael%20Brecker%2fTime%20Is%20of%20the%20Essence%2f01%20Arc%20of%20the%20Pendulum.mp3/'}]
18:50:45 T:5712 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting
18:50:45 T:5712 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Building Wall background SkinHelper.AllMoviesBackground.Wall DONE
18:50:45 T:5712 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Building Wall background SkinHelper.AllMoviesBackground.Poster.Wall DONE
18:50:45 T:5712 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Building Wall background SkinHelper.AllMusicBackground.Wall DONE
18:50:45 T:5712 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Building Wall background SkinHelper.AllMusicSongsBackground.Wall DONE
18:50:45 T:5712 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Building Wall background SkinHelper.AllTvShowsBackground.Wall DONE
18:50:45 T:5712 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Building Wall background SkinHelper.AllTvShowsBackground.Poster.Wall DONE

At this point the photo backgrounds appear!

Notes: I have precached music art (skin helper). The option to rebuild the wall images is set to 'reuse' (although it seems to be building them anyway). The artwork searched for does seem to vary from start to start.

If you want a full log file, see: http://not4hire.net/Share/kodi.log

(2016-03-23, 00:49)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-22, 15:09)clarkes71 Wrote: Not sure when this started happening, but watched movies are missing from the 'Recently added' in the widget. If I go to the SubMenu 'Recently Added' for movies, the watched movies are present.
watched movies have always been hidden from the recently added movies widget. Do you want me to make that optional ?

While it's always been a little inconsistent to have the widget ignore watched items and the submenu listings show them (optionally), I definitely prefer it that way. Perhaps an option for both is the way to go.

I noticed that disc art does not seem to get 'faked' in the horizontal panel view. My suggested fix is to update two lines in the View_52_HorizontalPanel.xml file. This makes the view use the same mechanism you seem to use for other views for which the disc art is correctly 'faked'.

c.f. lines 40 and 41:

<texture background="true" diffuse="diffuse/cdmask_big.png" fallback="defaultcovers/cd_big.png">$VAR[DiscArtImage]</texture>
<aspectratio scalediffuse="false" align="center" aligny="center">scale</aspectratio>

I'm not sure if the diffuse and fallback specs should be big, medium, or small, but this choice seems to display fine for me. I think the significant change is to use the 'DiscArtImage' variable that you construct elsewhere to contain disk art that is 'real' or faked from a number of potential sources.

Perhaps you could make a more professional (and permanent) fix?

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - boro boy - 2016-03-23

(2016-03-23, 00:31)marcelveldt Wrote: Yeah, I noticed this too and fixed it yesterday.
If you want to try the fix, please install the latest beta of the skinhelper addon from the emby repo or wait a few days (as I'm about to update it on the kodi repo)

Hi again tried this on my Android box after doing a totally fresh install and not getting any cdart showing automatically now, but if i ask it to search for it through arkwork settings it will then bring the cdart up but if move to the next album down in the list and then go back to previous album the cdart has vanished again. About to try on pc and see if that works and will report back here.

Edit: I have done fresh install on pc and the same thing is happening as with the android box and it is not bringing any of the cdarts up. I can go through the context menu and artwork settings to refresh the cdart but again it is not keeping the cdart in place, its like the Skin Helper Service is not caching the cdart info properly. I alos noticed that on some artists even when refreshing through artwork setting it will still bring nothing up.

Thanks

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - horstepipe - 2016-03-23

Hey
Titan shows me complete wrong Rotten Tomatoes critics.
E.g. for the movie Zombieland it shows:
"Critics: 7,4% Users: 3,5%"
which makes no sense at all

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - clarkes71 - 2016-03-23

(2016-03-23, 00:49)marcelveldt Wrote:

huh... I think maybe I had a submenu as a widget or something. Anyway, If you could make the 'recently added movies widget' show watched movies, as optional... that would be great!

Thanks for all your hard work !