Kodi Community Forum
Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) (/showthread.php?tid=247525)

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - oattes - 2016-03-25

(2016-03-25, 18:49)Benzino Wrote: Well I figured it was a Titan issue as I've checked it on the Confluence and Aeon Nox: Silvo skins and they do not have the same behaviour, it only shows the information for the series on those skins.

After some investigation, I am coming to think you are right. I was using the extended info script in its native mode and so I though that the problem was local to the script. However, it does not look like that is so....

I think I have narrowed the culprit down to the use of the expression '!IsEmpty(ListItem.Season)' which is seems to be expected to be empty when a tv show item is selected but non-empty for a item which represents a season (or an episode). This is effecting both the operation of the extended info script and the headers in the normal info screens for a selected season. In the former case, two conditions evaluate to true when the 'extended info script' button is pressed and so, two extended info script windows are created: one for the series and one for the last season. I the latter case you can see the number of seasons and the total number of episodes in the information header rather than the expected season number and number of episodes in the selected season because two conditions evaluation to true in the definition of the variable 'value_subheader" and the last evaluation 'wins'.

The current documentation suggests that ListItem.Season evaluates to the current season when a season/episode item is selected and to the total number of seasons when only the series item is selected. As such (and I could not test this) it appears that the test for an empty value will always fail.

I could not find a suitable test for returning 'true' when a tvseries item was selected but returning 'false' when a season or episode is selected. Tried a few things, but no luck. Hopefully, Marcel can figure something out ;-). And, Marcel, is there an easy way to write log messages from a skin? (I have more reading to do obviously).

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - User 224999 - 2016-03-26

(2016-03-22, 19:32)oattes Wrote: The bulk of the text presented in the 'Nextup Service Notification' seems to have gone missing. C.f. the following snapshot:

Note only the title shows -- missing episode number and plot information.

This is an issue in the nextup servic eitself. I just looked at Git at the issue has been fixed recently but no new version is pushed to the repo.

(2016-03-23, 01:22)Simograndi Wrote: All my widgets except for Recently Added Albums take seconds in fact... just that is slow. Ayway here it is the verbose LOG:
Something is very wrong with your mysql database for music. Queries for music albums take multiple seconds to complete.
I'd say you have to start with a clean music database and re-import your music.

(2016-03-23, 00:29)marcelveldt Wrote: Nope. I did it also "live" in the above log. I've browsed many times the whole music library to cache up everything and also tried the Precache option (to speed up things), but no luck...

OK, I finally fixed the AC/DC issue :-) Will be available in next beta update.

(2016-03-23, 00:29)marcelveldt Wrote: Latest beta version on Jarvis 16.1 RC1. Anyway it happens this (with your skin only for now): Open Kodi, it hangs a while to load Weather infos (I use Yahoo as provider) and only then it starts collecting the TV channels from backend. I also tried to remove the weather tile/widget from home but nothing changed. Again, with confluence it works fine, weather instantly loaded and also che channel scraping starts immediately at launch.
I can't reproduce this one, both weather and PVR start loading immediately on my setup.

(2016-03-23, 00:29)marcelveldt Wrote: Anyway I think that the thing that makes your skin heavy and sometimes slow compared to default ones are the Skin Widgets and Shortcuts addons, but those aren't yours right?
You can't compare any non-default skin with confluence. The default Kodi skin it created as leightweight as possible utilizing NO additional addons for shortcuts/widgets or whatsoever. Creating widgets to plugin paths do always have some overhead.
Titan is a pretty leightweight/fast skin given the fact it utilizes a lot of additional options.

(2016-03-23, 01:59)oattes Wrote: While it's always been a little inconsistent to have the widget ignore watched items and the submenu listings show them (optionally), I definitely prefer it that way. Perhaps an option for both is the way to go.

It was impossible to have that setting impact the widget so I just added a second widget option for recently added movies - include watched.
When assigning your widget you can just choose between the normal one and the one that includes watched items.
Available in next update

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - oattes - 2016-03-26

(2016-03-26, 16:17)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-23, 01:59)oattes Wrote: While it's always been a little inconsistent to have the widget ignore watched items and the submenu listings show them (optionally), I definitely prefer it that way. Perhaps an option for both is the way to go.

It was impossible to have that setting impact the widget so I just added a second widget option for recently added movies - include watched.
When assigning your widget you can just choose between the normal one and the one that includes watched items.
Available in next update

Is it possible to make it clear that the (advanced) option to hide watched items will only effect library views (and not widgets). Otherwise, that will be a source of confusion.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - boro boy - 2016-03-26

Hi Marcelveldt,

Have you any update on the issues I am still having around the skin helper service not picking up the cdart as it seems to have got worse unfortunately with the last update to it as apart from this one blip i am loving the skin.

Thanks

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - VMCosco - 2016-03-26

(2016-03-16, 15:33)VMCosco Wrote:
(2016-03-14, 20:21)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-13, 16:20)VMCosco Wrote: Having an issue with the Favourites widget...I am running on a Fire TV and my Favourites are all selections from "Android apps" that I have installed on my Fire TV (WatchESPN, Netflix, etc) so that I can just open them from within Kodi. I have the Favourites widget set for the "Add ons browser" menu item. The favourites and icons show up but clicking on them does not open the corresponding app.

As an aside (and maybe a helpful point), one of my Favourites is to the Android app for my Fire TV Spotify app. I added this Spotify "shortcut" item as a Home Menu item. It works great. Clicking the item opens the app.

I don't have a android box at hand atm so I can't test this properly to make it work. Would it be possible for you to send me your kodi favourites.xml file ?

Sorry for the delay, I was out of town for a couple of days. Sounds like you were busy with some other stuff anyway. Below is a link to my favourites.xml file.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20884593/favourites.xml

@ Marcelveldt I know you have been super busy. My reply to your request kind of got buried in the thread. I am just reposting it here in case you are still looking into this.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Simograndi - 2016-03-26

Thank you marcel

The strange thing is that my music database is new, I rebuilt it from scratch after I've upgraded to Jarvis and I started having my issues... Anyway if you say that it's mess up I'll try rebuild it again.

Anyway I've seen now that my last log had the "verbose logging" disabled for titan skinhelper, so here it is a new one with that enable, if it may be helpful you can give it a look.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3185k2u495vgwrt/kodi.log

Thank you

(2016-03-23, 03:41)oattes Wrote: I noticed that disc art does not seem to get 'faked' in the horizontal panel view. My suggested fix is to update two lines in the View_52_HorizontalPanel.xml file. This makes the view use the same mechanism you seem to use for other views for which the disc art is correctly 'faked'.

Thanks, I've just corrected it in this view and some others too. Available in next skin update.

(2016-03-22, 20:31)Netreaper Wrote: The 3 bar icon in the upper right corner of the home screen in Netflix style 2 is that supposed to open the menu because all it dose is highlight what is the purpose of this icon

It is for opening/closing the menu. It's working on my setup so maybe I fixed this a few days back and it's not yet in the stable version of the skin. Please check if it's working in next skin update.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Syon25 - 2016-03-28

is it possible to configure that all movie-sets are displayed for example as "big list" and all the movies stored in all sets should be displayed as "posters" ?
so that i dont have to go into each set and have to configure "view as poster"

another thing. dont know if its related to titan but i havent found any answer. I have activated "colored genre icons" which is supported by titan.
Is there a folder oder xml where i can manage it, that for example the icon which is normally shown for "history" will also be shown for the german genre "historie"?

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - XBMCWorkstation - 2016-03-28

(2016-03-28, 01:04)Syon25 Wrote: is it possible to configure that all movie-sets are displayed for example as "big list" and all the movies stored in all sets should be displayed as "posters" ?
so that i dont have to go into each set and have to configure "view as poster"

Look into "forced views" in the skin settings ... Wink

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - etvdevice - 2016-03-28

So many improvement on this perfect amazing skin. I like the setup and the new design option details.

We all really should always show some appreciation to this man for his good hands developing this skin.

I have send you 100 beer :-)

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CMCF52MPAPHK2

Thank you Marcel

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - mad526 - 2016-03-28

I just noticed that rotten tomatoes ratings are way off. Anyone else got the same problem?

Link to a specific home screen? - Hardax - 2016-03-28

Hi all. Quick question if I may.

Is there a way to link to a particular home screen? On my remote I have a button mapped to ActiveWindow(Home). On any other skin Ive used (Aeon Nox Silvo for example) that would bring me back to the main home screen since there is only one.

Since Titan has multiple home screens so what this button does now is bring me back to the main level for what ever section I happen to be navigating at the time (Movies, TV etc).

What I would like to happen is when I hit a button on my remote, no matter where I am in Kodi it to go to a specific home screen.

Is this possible?

Thanks!