Kodi Community Forum
Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) (/showthread.php?tid=247525)

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - User 224999 - 2016-03-30

(2016-03-23, 01:51)oattes Wrote: The new skin helper seems to get the music backgrounds up from the cache. However, Photo backgrounds are still delayed. I did as you suggest and here are some of the indications from the log file: (thread 5712)

Do you still have this issue with the most recent (current) version of skin helper addon ?

(2016-03-23, 03:41)oattes Wrote: I noticed that disc art does not seem to get 'faked' in the horizontal panel view. My suggested fix is to update two lines in the View_52_HorizontalPanel.xml file. This makes the view use the same mechanism you seem to use for other views for which the disc art is correctly 'faked'.

Thanks for the catch, the fix was actually a bit more complicated but in upcoming new beta of the skin this will be addressed for all views.

(2016-03-23, 14:09)boro boy Wrote: Hi again tried this on my Android box after doing a totally fresh install and not getting any cdart showing automatically now, but if i ask it to search for it through arkwork settings it will then bring the cdart up but if move to the next album down in the list and then go back to previous album the cdart has vanished again. About to try on pc and see if that works and will report back here.

Edit: I have done fresh install on pc and the same thing is happening as with the android box and it is not bringing any of the cdarts up. I can go through the context menu and artwork settings to refresh the cdart but again it is not keeping the cdart in place, its like the Skin Helper Service is not caching the cdart info properly. I alos noticed that on some artists even when refreshing through artwork setting it will still bring nothing up.

Do you still have this issue on the most recent version ?
If you still have the issue, please send me your kodi logfile after browsing your albums a bit.
Please do not enable kodi debug logging because that will make the log way too big to read.

(2016-03-23, 16:37)horstepipe Wrote: Hey
Titan shows me complete wrong Rotten Tomatoes critics.
E.g. for the movie Zombieland it shows:
"Critics: 7,4% Users: 3,5%"
which makes no sense at all

Thanks for the catch, will be fixed in next skin update

(2016-03-23, 17:31)clarkes71 Wrote: think maybe I had a submenu as a widget or something. Anyway, If you could make the 'recently added movies widget' show watched movies, as optional... that would be great!

Skin settings --> Configure menu shortcuts --> Change widget for your movie shortcut --> select widget -->
Default widgets --> select "recently added movies (include watched)"

(2016-03-23, 20:35)diedrichg Wrote:
(2016-03-23, 00:45)marcelveldt Wrote: Yeah, I have seen that a couple of times on my own living room httpc too
I think a question that we have all had is: What does Marcel's homescreen look like? We'd love to see a screenshot of your homescreen, Marcel!

haha, well on my dev machine it looks different all the time as I'm continously testing stuff but on my family httpc's I have the white default theme with the 2 rows of large tiles (because that's what my wife prefers)

(2016-03-23, 23:20)malvinas2 Wrote: Logos are working, but cdarts behave very irregular. Some of them work, but the majority (80-90%) does not.
The bigger problem is, that I can't see any rules or principles, why they behave different.

How is the folder structure of your music ? Is it:

artistname \ albumname \ song.mp3

or

artistname \ albumname \disc1\song.mp3 ?

and do you have a disc.png or cdart.png image in the album's folder ?

(2016-03-23, 23:54)heula Wrote: Since a week or so kodi jarvis with titan skin freezes a lot while playing videos and search for subtitles or hit the info button. The sound continues but the video freezes. With confluence I have no issues.

This issue should already be solved. Do you still experience the freezing ?

(2016-03-24, 04:57)PitStainsPete Wrote: I have checked for the style icons and they are not there. I noticed they did come back until I changed the colour scheme back to classic mediaportal one.
Potentially this is intended since the footer in mediaportal colour is smaller?

I did however used to have the option for IMDB score on the footer menu in mediaportal colour scheme but this is no longer there now??

mediaportal theme doesn't have a lot of fancy options (mainly becaus eit only has a small footer bar). It's as close to the original mediaportal theme as possible. A lot of skin options will simply dissapear if you use the mediaportal classic theme.

(2016-03-24, 02:37)JasonMonette Wrote: Update: I got the RSS Feed to show up by deleting all the menu items, and recreating them. The RSS Feed goes away if you change any of the color settings for some reason. If you delete your menu items and recreate them, it comes back. Not sure why this is.....hopefully someone will chime in on why this happens and if there is a way to prevent it.

I'm not sure if I understand it correctly... Do you still have this issue or did you solve it already ?

(2016-03-25, 04:37)oattes Wrote: As always, perhaps you can take my fumbling as a starting point for a better fix ;-).
NOTE: as Marcel points out the problem is with the NextUp Service. Don't use my hack above. If you want a fix, try:

Yep, the error is in the nextup addon itself not the skin. I can see that the change has already been merged in the code but no new version has been pushed to the repo. Maybe we should ask for a repo push ?

(2016-03-25, 09:23)browned Wrote: Something I just noticed, after a fresh install and pretty stock standard configuration. The Foo Fighters background when my movies thome screen tile was selected. Not really a big issue but that background is out of place in the movies section.

On the widget front and no focus I would also like to add that sometimes when coming back from my picture slideshow screen saver or opening the guide or going back to the home screen from anywhere that sometimes I have to press a left or right button to get the highlighted tile to do anything. I press up for widgets and down for text submenus, but unless I press left or right first I get nothing when pressing up and down.

Both issues should be resolved in next skin beta.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - oattes - 2016-03-30

(2016-03-30, 20:48)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-23, 01:51)oattes Wrote: The new skin helper seems to get the music backgrounds up from the cache. However, Photo backgrounds are still delayed. I did as you suggest and here are some of the indications from the log file: (thread 5712)

Do you still have this issue with the most recent (current) version of skin helper addon ?

Yes, still present with 1.0.68. Only Photo backgrounds are delayed. Music seems fine unless I do something to invalidate the cache.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - oattes - 2016-03-30

(2016-03-30, 21:17)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-25, 04:37)oattes Wrote: As always, perhaps you can take my fumbling as a starting point for a better fix ;-).
NOTE: as Marcel points out the problem is with the NextUp Service. Don't use my hack above. If you want a fix, try:

Yep, the error is in the nextup addon itself not the skin. I can see that the change has already been merged in the code but no new version has been pushed to the repo. Maybe we should ask for a repo push ?

An update came out last night... looks fine now.

(2016-03-25, 16:35)oattes Wrote: I don't think this is related to the Titan skin. Rather it is the 'Extended Info' add on. I'm not sure it's a bug either. For TV shows the add on seems to open two windows: one for the series and one for the 'current' season. I've noticed that sometimes the windows appear in different z-orders (one or the other appears on top). Personally, I don't like this (new?) 'feature', but the discussion should take place in the forum for the 'Extended Info' add on.

Issue will be fixed in next skin update.