Kodi Community Forum
Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) (/showthread.php?tid=247525)

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - User 224999 - 2016-03-31

(2016-03-29, 18:01)darkvader Wrote:
(2016-03-29, 11:35)mattyspurs76 Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 21:33)darkvader Wrote: Hello mattyspurs

Can you tell me how you do this, i tried but nothing happens. In the home menu i activated the artwork animation and take a gif poster and put in the movie folder but nothing happens. Sorry for my english.
(

I have no idea. I haven't downloaded or put any animated art anywhere..that's why I asked here.does this skin automatically download it for us when we choose the option in settings, ?

Hello

Has anybody (marcelveldt) an idea?

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.skin.helper.service#animated-posters

(2016-03-30, 10:29)loggio Wrote: Hi marcelveldt,

The skin helper feature is quite cool, the fact that the PVR guide is enhanced with fanart and clearlogos etc is just awesome. However, I've noticed that sometimes the images collected by skin helper are not always correct or are not the right kind of image.

Is there a way that you can add the ability to change the image that's being displayed through the use of the context menu or something?

The skin.helper service seems to download multiple images for any given show, but we don't have the ability to change the image being displayed if we don't like it.
The only way I've been able to do this is by adding the appropriate image manually by downloading it from the internet, renaming it and overwriting the image that I want to replace in the addon_data pvrthumbs folder.

Cheers,
Loggio.

You can use the contextmenu --> artwork settings for that

Choose manual lookup to manually select an item of your preference. Note that I still have to do some work to this feature, for example to just clear the image.

Also you can use the addon settings for skinhelper to customize the pvr artwork, for example to just ignore specific channels and/or titles

(2016-03-29, 19:35)oattes Wrote:
(2016-03-29, 19:29)VMCosco Wrote: I feel like I had seen this issue posted before with a solution, but now I cannot find it...

I am using the Random Albums widget. The widget only updates when I restart Kodi. Is there a way to fix this?

I would like to see an option for refreshing the widget as well, but I honestly have no idea how to do it! (Aside from restart or updating the shortcut menu -- which also drives a refresh). Where would you put the 'action' button if it should be triggered by the user? Should it be periodic? I'm not sure that would work too well... perhaps a user configurable interval?

Next skin update will include a per-widget setting to force refresh the widget for widgets which do not automatically refresh already.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - XBMCWorkstation - 2016-03-31

(2016-03-31, 20:15)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-26, 18:36)boro boy Wrote: Have you any update on the issues I am still having around the skin helper service not picking up the cdart as it seems to have got worse unfortunately with the last update to it as apart from this one blip i am loving the skin.

If you're still experiencing this issue, can you help me out by providing some more info ?

1. Skin version
2. Version of skin helper service (you can look up the version in video addons section)
3. Is the cdart not showing up in ALL views ? Fo example does it work with Big List view ?
4. Does the cdart show up on the OSD when you play a song ?
5. Do you have the cdart files on disk ? If yes, how is your folder structure on disk ?

1. 3.6.43
2. 1.0.68
3. I'm using Panel Square for albums inside the artist, but I just tried landscape row and the cdart is visible. With movies I have no problems with cdart.
4. That's my problem. CDart is not visible on the OSD while music is playing.
5. I use Emby and the cdart is on disk and in the Emby database.

P.S.: Sorry for hijacking this post, I love Titan skin and this bug let me cry...

(2016-03-30, 15:44)CaptainChunk Wrote: I've been playing around with animated posters myself, and it does appear to be the case that artwork downloader does automatically d/l the gifs for items already in your library and recorded on the animated poster database.

As I'm on Ubuntu the gifs are saved in -/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/animatedgifs

Dropping gifs in to the video folder doesn't appear to work for me either, so would second loggio's request above for the option to browse to artwork to save us from messing around renaming files or switching to Confluence in order to browse to gifs for items not recorded on the animated poster db.

The feature is provided by the skinhelper script based on the animated poster database.
See https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.skin.helper.service#animated-posters

Animated posters are indeed cached to the thumbnails folder.
If you want to put some own image in there, just place the image in that same folder with the correct imdb id, take a look at the naming of the posters which are already in there.

(2016-03-30, 15:44)CaptainChunk Wrote: Also, I have been experiencing OSD problems too - same issue in that the OSD stays on screen indefinitely, though ESC then Tab does clear it down.

Also, when adjusting the volume the indicator doesn't always appear straight away. I adjusted the volume whilst watching something earlier and the indicator actually flashed up a good ten minutes after making the adjustment.

Please note, not complaints just information/feedback and it looks like you guys are all over it.

Keep up the amazing work folks, and may all the joy your work brings return to you manifold.

You know, or something like that. Smile

This issue has something to do with nvidia video cards if I recall correctly.
There was a previous thread about this and I think you have to play with vertical sync options but I'm not sure.

(2016-03-31, 21:03)XBMCWorkstation Wrote: 3. I'm using Panel Square for albums inside the artist, but I just tried landscape row and the cdart is visible. With movies I have no problems with cdart.

3. OK, the cdart inside the views will be fixed in next update, that was in fact an issue with some views I overlooked.

4. Are you using normal OSD or the slim variant ?

(2016-03-30, 21:22)oattes Wrote: Yes, still present with 1.0.68. Only Photo backgrounds are delayed. Music seems fine unless I do something to invalidate the cache.

OK, I will take another look. It looks like the photo backgrounds doesn't get pulled from the cache and it's enumerating over all photos at every boot.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - XBMCWorkstation - 2016-03-31

(2016-03-31, 21:27)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 21:03)XBMCWorkstation Wrote: 3. I'm using Panel Square for albums inside the artist, but I just tried landscape row and the cdart is visible. With movies I have no problems with cdart.

3. OK, the cdart inside the views will be fixed in next update, that was in fact an issue with some views I overlooked.

I'm using the normal OSD which shows only the blank cdart (that's the problem) ...

For avoid missunderstanding: My problem is that I only see blank cdart on the OSD, when I'm playing music. It can't be an Emby problem because I see my cdarts with other skins I tested (Aeon Nox, Aeon MQ, modded Confluence, etc.) ...

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - mattyspurs76 - 2016-03-31

Im also a member on the Emby website and use the forums alot. I thought id have a look at guardians take on arctic zephr skin so read up on it.
Just opened up kodi and ive had about 6 messages popup saying addons are not compatable. Skin helper, extended info and also this skin too. (Titan beta 3.6.5)

Ive looked in the emby repo and in skins section only this Titan Bete (Jarvis) is there and it states in not compatable.

Last night i updated to Kodi Jarvis 16.1 (RC 2) d had no problems installing and running kodi, its just about 10minutes ago when i booted my pc up and then kodi that these errors

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Hardax - 2016-03-31

(2016-03-31, 20:25)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 15:31)Hardax Wrote: Is there a way to link to a particular home screen? On my remote I have a button mapped to ActiveWindow(Home). On any other skin Ive used (Aeon Nox Silvo for example) that would bring me back to the main home screen since there is only one.

Since Titan has multiple home screens so what this button does now is bring me back to the main level for what ever section I happen to be navigating at the time (Movies, TV etc).

What I would like to happen is when I hit a button on my remote, no matter where I am in Kodi it to go to a specific home screen.

Is this possible?

Is it possible to map multiple command to a home button ?

If so, you could try the following actions (in the correct order):

Skin.SetString(HomeLayout, xxxx) --> Set the homelayout (replace xxxx with the correct home layout, see below)
ActivateWindow(Home) --> navigate to home

It's worth a shot.

values for homelayouts:

netflix --> netflix layout
netflix2 -->netflix new layout
win10 --> windows 10 layout
enhanced --> all in one enhanced
simplevertical --> simple vertical
verticalbig --> big vertical

Just try first with some of the above examples, if it works I can provide you the complete list of possible home layouts

Thanks for the advice marcelveldt. Putting more than one command doesn't seem to be working unfortunately. I wonder though doesn't each home screen i set up have their own ID that I could maybe link to specifically? What I am doing is setting up a custom home screen for TV and then another for Movie. If I browse deeply into the TV section right now when I activate the command "ActivateWindow(Home)" it brings me to the top of the TV section. What I want it to do is always to the top of the Movie section (for example).

Your homelayouts above look like generics and wouldn't point to a specic home screen that ive set up here would it? Of course I know nothing about this so I could be completely wrong!

Thanks for your help!

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - XBMCWorkstation - 2016-04-01

(2016-03-31, 21:59)XBMCWorkstation Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 21:27)marcelveldt Wrote:

I'm using the normal OSD which shows only the blank cdart (that's the problem) ...

For avoid missunderstanding: My problem is that I only see blank cdart on the OSD, when I'm playing music. It can't be an Emby problem because I see my cdarts with other skins I tested (Aeon Nox, Aeon MQ, modded Confluence, etc.) ...

Some additional informations: I've tested my music collection and it is strange. When I start Kodi, the first 2 cdarts are visible on the OSD. Then it is a pure chance seeing a cdart. I've also used the view "Landscape Single Row" to see if there is a cdart available. But in this view there are also cdarts not appearing and I know they are in Emby and on the disk. Most of the cdarts I see in the view aren't visible in the OSD while playing. But there are also cdarts not visible in the view but appearing in the OSD.

Is this a Skin helper problem?

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - CaptainChunk - 2016-04-01

(2016-03-30, 15:44)CaptainChunk Wrote: Also, I have been experiencing OSD problems too - same issue in that the OSD stays on screen indefinitely, though ESC then Tab does clear it down.

Also, when adjusting the volume the indicator doesn't always appear straight away. I adjusted the volume whilst watching something earlier and the indicator actually flashed up a good ten minutes after making the adjustment.

Please note, not complaints just information/feedback and it looks like you guys are all over it.

Keep up the amazing work folks, and may all the joy your work brings return to you manifold.

You know, or something like that. Smile

This issue has something to do with nvidia video cards if I recall correctly.
There was a previous thread about this and I think you have to play with vertical sync options but I'm not sure.
[/quote]

Thanks very much for the tip, I will delve in to the settings and see what's what.

EDIT - after disabling Vsync everything works perfectly, thanks once again, very much appreciated.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - wbilger - 2016-04-01

(2016-03-16, 20:29)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 20:11)dorf Wrote: marcelveldt, I am having the same freezing issue on (Shield) AndroidTV.

Can you please help me out with debugging the lockup issue ?
See here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=264308&pid=2283529#pid2283529

Also, can you cut/paste your feature requests into the feature requests thread for the skin please ?
That way it won't get lost in the current discussion. I will for sure look at it once the lock issue is resolved.
I am also having the freezing problem, just wondering if there was a fix for this in the Beta and I missed
it. I switched to the stable version, to see if that fixed the problem, and same issue. I have even tried to
completely re-install and re-install all add-ons, redo the skin settings etc.
OpenElec on an x64 machine. Have tried versions 6, and recently tried version 6.95 (7 beta)
Legacy Nvidia card, HDMI.
Most of the time video freezes, audio still continues, but sometimes both. Have to hard reset to continue.
Nothing in the log, just stops.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - boro boy - 2016-04-02

(2016-03-31, 20:15)marcelveldt Wrote: If you're still experiencing this issue, can you help me out by providing some more info ?

1. Skin version
2. Version of skin helper service (you can look up the version in video addons section)
3. Is the cdart not showing up in ALL views ? Fo example does it work with Big List view ?
4. Does the cdart show up on the OSD when you play a song ?
5. Do you have the cdart files on disk ? If yes, how is your folder structure on disk ?

Hi Marcelveldt,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but been really busy with work this past week, Right here goes the info you are after

1. Skin Version - 3.6.45
2. Skin Helper Service - 1.0.68
3. Cdart not showing in any views at all for some reason
4. Nope, just shows the blank cdart
5. Yes is on main HDD and is as follows: Music/O/Oasis Discography/Definitely Maybe

Hope this is of help to you.

Cheers

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - User 224999 - 2016-04-02

(2016-04-01, 18:41)wbilger Wrote: I am also having the freezing problem, just wondering if there was a fix for this in the Beta and I missed
it. I switched to the stable version, to see if that fixed the problem, and same issue. I have even tried to
completely re-install and re-install all add-ons, redo the skin settings etc.
OpenElec on an x64 machine. Have tried versions 6, and recently tried version 6.95 (7 beta)
Legacy Nvidia card, HDMI.
Most of the time video freezes, audio still continues, but sometimes both. Have to hard reset to continue.
Nothing in the log, just stops.

Did you already try to disable vsync ?