Kodi Community Forum
Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) (/showthread.php?tid=247525)

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - User 224999 - 2016-04-18

(2016-04-18, 12:04)oattes Wrote: I may not have been clear with my examples or choice of words. I did not mean 'wrap' in the sense of duplication, rather I think 'cycle' -- when moving off the first or last element of the submenu you move to the last or first (respectively) element of the submenu. I don't think repeating submenu items to fill up available space looks very clean. Sorry for any confusion.
Fair enough. I will go the route again which I tried first. Center the available items from the submenu in the layout and by default focus the centered item.
Last time the panel was giving me a hard time to achieve that but maybe I'll have better luck now.
I'll let you know once it's ready to test.

(2016-04-18, 12:04)oattes Wrote: I am noticing also that when I pass through the tile 'Pictures' (in my screen capture) that the submenu item position in all the other tiles jumps one to the left -- even when I make no submenu selection changes in the 'Pictures' submenu. Strange... but perhaps due to the focus on item '3' spec when there are only two submenu items?
That's exactly the weird behaviour I was talking about. I'll look into it again tonight when finished work.

(2016-04-18, 12:04)oattes Wrote: I am starting to see some of the limitations you are working with in the available skin specifications.... cheers!

Yep, the skinning engine is very powerfull but has some limitations. Often we work around these with some tricks. Sometimes remembering all the tricks is the hardest part :-)

(2016-04-18, 12:12)oattes Wrote: Note the Day3 in the Day2 code?

omg, I've read that code like 10 times and didn't spot that typo.
Thanks for the extra review. I'll adjust it tonight.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - oattes - 2016-04-18

(2016-04-18, 13:41)marcelveldt Wrote: Yep, the skinning engine is very powerfull but has some limitations. Often we work around these with some tricks. Sometimes remembering all the tricks is the hardest part :-)

I'm starting to see that msoft was perhaps right (yuck!) to go with a 'new' xml (mcml) with extensions for executable bits like onfocus() -- think javascript (yuck again, but -- dang nab it -- you sometimes need that stuff). I have been looking at the (group) control tags and there is no way to 'initialize' except when kodi starts (or when the shortcut script regenerates the code.... hmmm, how does the shortcut script cause kodi to re-read the xml?). You've, no doubt, been here but it's fun for me to explore ;-)

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - bakito - 2016-04-18

Hello, since titan skin update today the highlight item on home menu is not visible anymore on the classic white theme with vertical big modern menu... Sad
Do you know what is the problem?
Thanks!

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Simograndi - 2016-04-18

(2016-04-18, 17:44)bakito Wrote: Hello, since titan skin update today the highlight item on home menu is not visible anymore on the classic white theme with vertical big modern menu... Sad
Thanks!

Hi, please fix this also for white theme Wink

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - storm119 - 2016-04-18

@Marcel,

Found another small glitch....*Watched Indicator* (triangle) not see unless one hovering/focused the list item (watched item) and its show up Wink

(2016-04-18, 17:44)bakito Wrote: Hello, since titan skin update today the highlight item on home menu is not visible anymore on the classic white theme with vertical big modern menu... Sad
Thanks!

You can now set the color options for the menubar in the skin settings.
I had to guess the default settings based on the previous values but apparently my guess was wrong :-)

Skin settings --> Custom color stetings --> Main menu colors

(2016-04-18, 13:48)oattes Wrote: I'm starting to see that msoft was perhaps right (yuck!) to go with a 'new' xml (mcml) with extensions for executable bits like onfocus() -- think javascript (yuck again, but -- dang nab it -- you sometimes need that stuff). I have been looking at the (group) control tags and there is no way to 'initialize' except when kodi starts (or when the shortcut script regenerates the code.... hmmm, how does the shortcut script cause kodi to re-read the xml?). You've, no doubt, been here but it's fun for me to explore ;-)

Haha, no the MS skinning stuff in MCE was horrible imo.
The Kodi skinning engine is way more powerfull.

skinshortcuts fires a skinreload command. That's why you see a quick flash of the screen when applying a change of your shortcuts.

(2016-04-18, 09:07)storm119 Wrote: Anyway...out of curiosity did *Enable bounce animation on widgets* really work...?.
If yes which Homescreen layout and Layout for widgets the effect work...? I did try using Netflix 2 + Landscape Small but didnt see any bounce effects...did i missed something here...? Big Grin

Ah, that setting has no effect on netflix home styles. I will hide it from the settings.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - bakito - 2016-04-19

ok, thanks for the answer, however I'm using the "timed switch theme" option, if I manually change color will it stay that way when the theme would change with the time of day?
Sorry for my english...
cheers

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - User 224999 - 2016-04-19

(2016-04-19, 00:00)bakito Wrote: ok, thanks for the answer, however I'm using the "timed switch theme" option, if I manually change color will it stay that way when the theme would change with the time of day?
Sorry for my english...
cheers

Yes because that new color setting will probably not be included yet in the theme.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - User 224999 - 2016-04-19

(2016-04-18, 18:49)Simograndi Wrote: Hi, please fix this also for white theme Wink

See my previous replies about this. In the skin settings, custom color settings you can change the colors for the menu.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - User 206796 - 2016-04-19

Hi.....using v3.6.54.

1)Using Simple Confluence Vertical w/submenus inline and set to auto show, request for an option to not have the widgets dimmed since there`s no submenu widget overlap. Also, if enable square submenu is chosen for a main menu item and inline submenu is set to auto show, a gap is created inline for the submenu to appear even though it is in the widget space.

2)Infoline & rss don`t show on some main menu items even if set to in the configure shortcuts section. Actually, rss doesn`t show period even though it`s set to. The pic above should show pvr infoline but it doesn`t. If I remove the square submenu it will show, but other main menu item widgets like youtube popular right now, the infoline won`t appear even without square submenus.

3)I`ve reported it before but in the pvr section, side panel deleted recordings option doesn`t work in Titan. Works with all other skins I`ve tried that provide that option. It`s non-functional in Titan. I use the mythtv pvr plugin. I tried with titan default settings, but still non-functional. Wish I could be of more assistance as to why it doesn`t work in Titan.

Thanks for your efforts.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - spursgalea - 2016-04-19

Hi I have been using Titan as its my joint favourite skin along side phenomenal for while now. I don't know if this issue is with my Nexus 7 or not.can you please let me know.i use vertical view and in the setting there is a setting enable multiple widget rows.I enabled it and I like the widget look but I can't use the widgets. I have three widges but the hole column of widgets are unresponsive or frozen. I tested my iOS remote I use when I connect to the TV and the widget work fine.if this is not a issue can you please allow touch support for multiple widges if it's possible thank you.

RE: Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis) - Bjur - 2016-04-19

Thanks again for the great skin. What is the status on next aired TV episodes?