Kodi Community Forum
Comprehensive Kodi Media Player A/V Test Clips Suite - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Comprehensive Kodi Media Player A/V Test Clips Suite (/showthread.php?tid=248794)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Comprehensive Kodi Media Player A/V Test Clips Suite - hdmkv - 2015-11-20

Please see this wiki page, where all links have been moved & updated/revised. I'll be maintaining it.

This thread will remain open for discussions and input for new A/V test samples or demos. If you find any broken links, please let me know. Thanks.

RE: Comprehensive Kodi Media Player A/V Test Clips - Skank - 2015-11-20

Nice one

RE: Comprehensive Kodi Media Player A/V Test Clips - movie78 - 2015-11-20

You on top of the game!

RE: Comprehensive Kodi Media Player A/V Test Clips - hdmkv - 2015-11-20

@Skank & @movie78, check out 3D clip #1. It's amazing! You can find the full 8min:29sec version of that (called 'Ruin') on 'The Maze Runner' Blu-ray.

RE: Comprehensive Kodi Media Player A/V Test Clips Suite - movie78 - 2015-11-20

@hdmkv
Already have Ruin demo and love it...

This thread should added to sticky!

RE: Comprehensive Kodi Media Player A/V Test Clips Suite - BORIStheBLADE - 2015-11-21

Nice job! Thanks for organizing this.

RE: Comprehensive Kodi Media Player A/V Test Clips Suite - nickr - 2015-11-21

This would be great to put on the wiki (hint).

Comprehensive Kodi Media Player A/V Test Clips Suite - sarlan19 - 2015-11-21

Thanks! Great work

RE: Comprehensive Kodi Media Player A/V Test Clips Suite - Skank - 2015-11-21

(2015-11-20, 22:05)hdmkv Wrote: @Skank & @movie78, check out 3D clip #1. It's amazing! You can find the full 8min:29sec version of that (called 'Ruin') on 'The Maze Runner' Blu-ray.

Will check it. Can you share full demo then?

RE: Comprehensive Kodi Media Player A/V Test Clips Suite - noggin - 2015-11-21

I think a 1080i25 (aka 1080/50i) would be useful to add - in an H264 and VC-1 codec. These are the two dominant standards for interlaced European Blu-ray for TV series and concerts, and 1080/50i H264 is also what is used for a lot of European HD broadcasts so also a good test for Live/Recorded TV, and deinterlacing performance.

RE: Comprehensive Kodi Media Player A/V Test Clips Suite - Vasa - 2015-11-21

Super - thanks for posting! Couldn't have been better timing since I was just about to do some testing.

BTW: The links for the 4k doesn't work - server issues -hopefully back up soon.

RE: Comprehensive Kodi Media Player A/V Test Clips Suite - hdmkv - 2015-11-21

Quote:I think a 1080i25 (aka 1080/50i) would be useful to add - in an H264 and VC-1 codec ... and 1080/50i H264
Added to 'codecs' above, H.264 versions. Don't think I have any 25/50 fps in VC-1.
Quote:Will check it. Can you share full demo then?
Mine's a rip from from my own purchased retail disc.
Quote:The links for the 4k doesn't work - server issues -hopefully back up soon.
You're right. YouTube has 4K clips @ 30fps, but not sure about 60fps. With YouTube, you can use a tool like this to download 4K clips to your PC.

RE: Comprehensive Kodi Media Player A/V Test Clips Suite - hdmkv - 2015-12-01

Added several 4K videos @ different framerates. Bought a 4K TV during Black Friday sale, so will be testing these out myself. Was hard to pass up those deals.

RE: Comprehensive Kodi Media Player A/V Test Clips Suite - hdmkv - 2015-12-04

Updated with fresh links again. Would help to have this thread stickied... mods? I'll try to keep post #1 updated regardless.

RE: Comprehensive Kodi Media Player A/V Test Clips Suite - wrxtasy - 2015-12-04

Link it into your already Stickied 3D thread with a [b]Bold[b] hyperlink at the top of Page #1 pointing to this thread.

Other suggestion, remove all these repeated "(Right-click & choose 'Save link as...' to download)"
I think people can get the idea just by having one explanation.