Kodi Community Forum
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) (/showthread.php?tid=250817)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - Milhouse - 2016-05-01

I think this is a core issue, either with the inputstream.* addons, or the addon system, or both.

We're seeing it in LibreELEC too now that the 8.0 repository is online.

It appears that when the 8.0 repository is being processed by Kodi (ie. updated), the inputstream.mpd and inputstream.smoothstream addons are being loaded/initialised, even when they're not installed. Since your #0415 build includes inputstream.mpd, the former is not a problem and the shared library is available, however inputstream.smoothstream isn't installed in your system and when it is loaded/initialised, it crashes Kodi.

With a plain LibreELEC 8.0 master build that doesn't have any inputstream addons, Kodi is crashing when initialising inputstream.mpd - presumably they're processed in alphabetical order, mpd before smoothstream.

My guess is, that the OpenELEC 8.0 repository has now come online in the last few days/week, and since it contains inputstream.mpd and inputstream.smoothstream, the #0415 build has started crashing.

A quick hack to avoid the problem is to run the following:
Code:
echo "127.0.0.1 openelec.tv" >> /storage/.config/hosts.conf
systemctl stop kodi
mv .kodi .kodi.bak
reboot
When the system comes up, this "clean" Kodi should start normally.

The only issue is that you no longer have access to the OpenELEC repository.

Alternatively upgrade to a LibreELEC 8.0 test build as this includes both inputstream.mpd and inputstream.smoothstream, and is so far immune from the problem...

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - smldmr - 2016-05-01

Hi Milhouse,

I don't know what is different on your builds but only with your builds, the iptv channels opens fast. With libreelec, openelec or osmc, my raspi 2 needs 10-12 seconds to open a chanel, with your builds it needs only 1-2 seconds.

Do you know what is different on your builds, and is it possible to set this on other packages?

Regards

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - Milhouse - 2016-05-01

(2016-05-01, 20:09)smldmr Wrote: Hi Milhouse,

I don't know what is different on your builds but only with your builds, the iptv channels opens fast. With libreelec, openelec or osmc, my raspi 2 needs 10-12 seconds to open a chanel, with your builds it needs only 1-2 seconds.

Do you know what is different on your builds, and is it possible to set this on other packages?

Regards
My builds are based on Kodi 17 (Krypton), you're most likely comparing against Kodi 16 (Jarvis) builds. Find a Kodi 17-based build of OSMC, LibreELEC or OpenELEC and I'd expect it to be broadly comparable in terms of performance.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - smldmr - 2016-05-01

(2016-05-01, 20:30)Milhouse Wrote: My builds are based on Kodi 17 (Krypton),

I used also the Kodi 16 builds of milhouse packages. Was the same. I will test the libreelec #0430. This is based on Kodi 17.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - wolrah - 2016-05-02

(2016-05-01, 14:34)Milhouse Wrote: I think this is a core issue, either with the inputstream.* addons, or the addon system, or both.

We're seeing it in LibreELEC too now that the 8.0 repository is online.

It appears that when the 8.0 repository is being processed by Kodi (ie. updated), the inputstream.mpd and inputstream.smoothstream addons are being loaded/initialised, even when they're not installed. Since your #0415 build includes inputstream.mpd, the former is not a problem and the shared library is available, however inputstream.smoothstream isn't installed in your system and when it is loaded/initialised, it crashes Kodi.

With a plain LibreELEC 8.0 master build that doesn't have any inputstream addons, Kodi is crashing when initialising inputstream.mpd - presumably they're processed in alphabetical order, mpd before smoothstream.

My guess is, that the OpenELEC 8.0 repository has now come online in the last few days/week, and since it contains inputstream.mpd and inputstream.smoothstream, the #0415 build has started crashing.

A quick hack to avoid the problem is to run the following:
Code:
echo "127.0.0.1 openelec.tv" >> /storage/.config/hosts.conf
systemctl stop kodi
mv .kodi .kodi.bak
reboot
When the system comes up, this "clean" Kodi should start normally.

The only issue is that you no longer have access to the OpenELEC repository.

Alternatively upgrade to a LibreELEC 8.0 test build as this includes both inputstream.mpd and inputstream.smoothstream, and is so far immune from the problem...

That makes total sense, thanks for helping satisfy my curiosity on this one. I'll be switching to LibreELEC tonight since the only reason I kept the the old build around was wanting to know why it suddenly broke. It'll be nice to get the new skin back.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - zed200 - 2016-05-02

Hello,

In he last version of Openelec Milhouse Build (8.0) I can not find the option "Accelerated playback speed".

Did this option disappear ?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - popcornmix - 2016-05-03

(2016-05-02, 20:24)zed200 Wrote: In he last version of Openelec Milhouse Build (8.0) I can not find the option "Accelerated playback speed".

Did this option disappear ?

Yes, it was dropped due to lack of feedback.

I have added it back in, so should be in tonight's Milhouse LE build. (But note there will be no more Milhouse OE builds).

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - Caramba69 - 2016-05-10

(2016-04-28, 21:19)Sully99 Wrote: And here too.
Could not be a Problem of the update himself because my RaspberryPi3 worked until yesterday without problems with this Image, changing the sd card and new installation also brought nothing.
There is nothing new since 4/16/2016, looks like an expiration Date Wink

PS: Ups sorry, fount the new Image with new Name "LibreELEC"
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=269814

I also have the problem with my RPi3 that it's rebooting.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - Milhouse - 2016-05-10

(2016-05-10, 08:46)Caramba69 Wrote: I also have the problem with my RPi3 that it's rebooting.

Without a log of any kind, nobody can help you. Although at a guess, it's most likely the inputstream.smoothstream addon error (fixed in latest Kodi master) - nothing can be done to fix that in these builds. Besides, these builds are no longer supported - either follow the link in the post you quoted and upgrade to LibreELEC, or go back to OpenELEC official releases (OE7 Beta 3 is based on Kodi 16).

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - Milhouse - 2016-05-10

Closing this thread as there is no further support for these builds.

Existing users should upgrade to LibreELEC Kodi 17 test builds, or downgrade to OpenELEC Kodi 16 official releases.