Kodi Community Forum
Release fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Other Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=272)
+---- Thread: Release fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part (/showthread.php?tid=253058)

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - Hitcher - 2016-02-04

I did try to do this properly last year using the first 3 actual list items but there's no way to know what they are.

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - User 224999 - 2016-02-04

(2016-02-04, 18:28)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: o.k. Speede could be a issue

wondering if something like this would be possible (using 3 image-controls with paths):

<texture>videodb://movies/genres/$INFO[Container(foo)ListItem.DBID]/$INFO[Listitem.Icon]<texture>

but guess something like that wont work.

(EDIT:
With python in minde, think phils "script.skin.info.service* (Option to show set Posters) would be the closesd.

- o.k. Did see that you already asked in the "skin helper script" tread.)

The issue you have is that you can not use $INFO proerties inside an actual list container.
I was thinking about one workaround when I saw your request and that is another dynamic content listing which will provide this for you...

something like plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getgenres
which will return the genre listing with ListItem.Art(fanart1), ListItem.Art(fanart2) etc. prefilled.

That is pretty easy to add and with proper caching it shouldn't be too slow

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-02-04

@marcelveldt

Yep. And if the list is filled instantly without delay, I will owe you a few beer Smile

@all
TV shows done, too.

watch gallery

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - dirtydesaster - 2016-02-04

Nice work! I love your skin!

nice, that you put most community ideas in it Smile

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - optics - 2016-02-05

I really like your work Sualfred, building on Hitcher's work.

The new Genres layout looks great, though it uses different movies than what's in my collection and some of the Genres are blank right now (e.g. Biography, Disaster, Film Noir, Foreign, Holiday, etc.) and many genres use the same icons. I assume that changes when the poster art is dynamically generated?

Separately, is it possible to fix the widget order so that it matches the selected sort order? For example, IMDBTop250 misses the first movie in widget view. And a playlist I created of Recently Released movies (sorted by year is full screen view) displays alphabetically in widget view.

Here's the playlist in case you would like to include it in the skin.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Recently Released Movies</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="year" operator="greaterthan">
        <value>2010</value>
    </rule>
    <group>none</group>
    <limit>50</limit>
    <order direction="descending">year</order>
</smartplaylist>

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - Hitcher - 2016-02-05

Try removing
Code:
<group>none</group>

Got some more screen grabs for you and noticed they open up slightly when focused.

watch gallery

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-02-05

Uff, the opening will be no big deal with non static images. It already took me the best part of the day to create 40 static ones ^^

@marcelveldt
Can you please ping me if you decide to add genre support to you script?

@optics
The images are static. Please give me a list of the missing artworks and I'll add them.
For the smartlist issue: Try to add a "sort by" rule.

Blacklisted addons. No support

(2016-02-05, 01:12)Hitcher Wrote: Got some more screen grabs for you and noticed they open up slightly when focused.

Hey mate, is the opening animation with a slide effect? Or even better, could you make me a simply recording with your mobile? I'm going to replace the currently method with single posters.

Here you go mate -

They animate at the same time as the scroll.

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed.

That means new viewtype with a different focus animation for OnNext and OnPrevious.. args. Hopefully my baby will wait until monday before it thinks it's time to get born. Otherwise it will take a little bit longer ^^

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - Grandhuggy - 2016-02-05

Love what you did there with genres its awesome =)
Thank you for making this possible, such a nice experience to brwose in libary now.

I have another question if its possible to make a widget for home screen out of the script from skin helper service

Similar Movies (because you watched...)

plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=similarmovies&amp;limit=[LIMIT]&amp;reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload2)]

This will provide a list with movies that are similar to a random watched movie from the library. TIP: The listitem provided by this list will have a property "similartitle" which contains the movie from which this list is generated. That way you can create a "Because you watched $INFO[Container.ListItem.Property(originaltitle)]" label.... Note: You can optionally provide the widgetreload2 parameter if you want to refresh the widget every 10 minutes. If you want to refresh the widget on other circumstances just provide any changing info with the reload parameter, such as the window title or some window Property which you change on X interval.

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.skin.helper.service

for a more fire TV like experience.

Thank you again =)

Grandhuggy

fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - iRubin - 2016-02-05

Now i can't set some View Options in the Video section. And if I'am in the Video Addons it jumped very hard and fast to the next Addons. In other section it feels much smoother, like before.

I changed nothing in this views. Please get a little bit more detailed when you report issues.