Kodi Community Forum
Release fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Other Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=272)
+---- Thread: Release fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part (/showthread.php?tid=253058)

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - rodgzjoe - 2016-02-10

Hi sualfred,

I removed some widgets, but is sill noticeable. I had it working under your mod for a long time without any sluggish. this started on an update about 6 updates ago.
not sure exactly when - but I always had full widgets and never had this problem. once again I like to thank you both for all you guys do to make this skin the best of ftv .

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-02-10

I changed nothing on this widgets (except the banner feature) in the last 3 weeks. So it's hard to say what's causing it.
Tried a clean Kodi install? Sometimes Kodi acts ike an a**hole and a clean reinstallation is the only solution.

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - fach1708 - 2016-02-10

Hi sualfred great skin. I'm also noticing severe lag, am not even using that many widgets. Also when browsing favourites, it leaves artifacts of the icons on the background. Any suggestions

No, because I don't have any issues on a "real" device.

@iRubin:
Sry, my fault. It's fixed now.

fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - iRubin - 2016-02-10

Same here!

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - Hitcher - 2016-02-10

(2016-02-10, 20:22)rodgzjoe Wrote: Hi Hitcher,

I use the full potential of the skin available widgets... 12 on menu and all 8 on each sub menu.

So you have 96 lists loaded and wonder why it's sluggish on a Fire TV stick! Wink

Well it is a fire tv and has never struggled before even on hitcher ftv skin...

Apologies for asking as well, 2 more questions.
Is there a way of adding a genres widget for movies and TV shows which shows the icons instead of black square also on the 'ads' is it possible to set which art is used? At the minute it's not showing 'banners' but, for example if I use fan art it's showing a small portion of that even though banners are available. Thx! Ps hope all goes well with the new baby Smile

Thanks. It will go well. 6 days overdue and still waiting.

Don't really get what you mean with the genres. Kodi has no function to show the icons. Just place your own genre thumbs in the extras/genres/ folder of the skin directoy. And the scrapped banners of Kodi won't fit to the advert banner because of the aspect ratio.

Eek been there done that, good luck.

All I'm looking for in the genre widget is something that resembles your screenshot for TV shows and movies.
I am able to create the widget and when the sub menu opens I can see the images but the main home.menu widget just shows blank black squares.
Any idea?

I guess this is one of those Not-My-Mother-Language-Barriers Tongue

Can you please provide me a screen of the blank widgets and the window where they are working?

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - rodgzjoe - 2016-02-10

Again, an amazing skin - awesome ftv skin...

Sluggish on top devices.

- NVIDIA SHIELD
The Best Android TV Box (lots of space, memory & chip) best in the world.

- FireTV (2nd edition)

- FireTV Stick (2nd edition & 1st) both sluggish

Works amazing on my surface pro 3 (no problems at all)

Ps. I try using Hitcher (K edition) using all widgets there's no lags (no problems on any devices) unfortunately, I don't want to sound ungrateful but, Hitcher's skin is very limited. Sorry Hitcher Smile

The way our widgets are displayed is the same. There is not much difference how they are going to be build and included.

and now with working img links please Smile