Kodi Community Forum
Release fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Other Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=272)
+---- Thread: Release fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part (/showthread.php?tid=253058)

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - fach1708 - 2016-02-10

I'm trying :/

(2016-02-10, 23:29)fach1708 Wrote: I'm trying :/

Should be able to open them now!

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-02-10

Nope.

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-02-10

Ah, now I get you. Just change the widget layout to Square or Square Info. As mentioned a few replies above, Poster is the wrong view option for Genres.

Thanks! Will try and see what happens

(2016-02-10, 23:35)sualfred Wrote: Ah, now I get you. Just change the widget layout to Square or Square Info. As mentioned a few replies above, Poster is the wrong view option for Genres.

It works! Though with regards to lag, 3 widgets is the most each menu will allow without stuttering. Browsing sub menus is a bit clunky.

Last question. How frequently do the banners change? Or is it only when you restart kodi?

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-02-11

The latest and random ones will change on each skin refresh/restart.
The recommended ones should be updated every 10 minutes but I don't know how exactly they work. The content is provided by the skin helper script.

You guys should start thinking about building a real HTPC. Even a low powered AMD A6 or older s115x Intel device is able to run everything without any lag. Still don't get it why someone uses a cheap Android china lemon if they can get a powerful HTPC for a few bucks more. It's like you want to drive 200 km/h with a electro bike. Just my 2 cents.

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - fach1708 - 2016-02-11

(2016-02-11, 00:00)sualfred Wrote: The latest and random ones will change on each skin refresh/restart.
The recommended ones should be updated every 10 minutes but I don't know how exactly they work. The content is provided by the skin helper script.

You guys should start thinking about building a real HTPC. Even a low powered AMD A6 or older s115x Intel device is able to run everything without any lag. Still don't get it why someone uses a cheap Android china lemon if they can get a powerful HTPC for a few bucks more. It's like you want to drive 200 km/h with a electro bike. Just my 2 cents.

I think the point is most people with the fire tv box do not experience lag as it's a capable device normally.capable of handling most skins. I have even used previous versions of your skin and all of hitcher skins without issue.

The banners don't seem to be consistent on which art they choose- for example.the banners.you have for paranormal activity 2 and Lucy are nothing like the ones I see. Yours are like actual banners and mine are all chopped off Confused

Screen pls

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - Oath - 2016-02-11

Do you have hitchers "next aired" add-on skinned support for this? :o cheers

yes

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - kratosjohn - 2016-02-11

Can you add support for Krypton or tell us what to "mod" ourselves so we may use it in Krypton?

I only ask this because of my recent update across my devices and I find myself a "update maniac" always checking out Hitchers newest version and then yours too. Currently I can't do this and I'm only able to use his since he changed it for Krypton support.

Much thanks to you, Hitcher and the community for bringing this stuff all together nicely, I see the banners are coming along nicely, I can't wait to try!

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - Hitcher - 2016-02-11

(2016-02-11, 00:09)fach1708 Wrote:
(2016-02-11, 00:00)sualfred Wrote: The latest and random ones will change on each skin refresh/restart.

I think the point is most people with the fire tv box do not experience lag as it's a capable device normally.capable of handling most skins. I have even used previous versions of your skin and all of hitcher skins without issue.
What other skins allow up to 96 widgets on the home screen?
The Fire TV isn't a powerful device so it's going to struggle the more widgets you add.

(2016-02-11, 09:12)Hitcher Wrote:
(2016-02-11, 00:09)fach1708 Wrote:

What other skins allow up to 96 widgets on the home screen?
The Fire TV isn't a powerful device so it's going to struggle the more widgets you add.

Yes but I am not using 96, I'm using 3 per page! Your skin with 8 per page does.not struggle! This isn't a personal attack, I'm just reporting my experience and am not the only one, not to put anyone down, but to point out a potential issue.