Kodi Community Forum
Release fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Other Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=272)
+---- Thread: Release fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part (/showthread.php?tid=253058)

fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - Rasscal - 2016-03-08

Hey sualfred I've just realized when modifying widgets you can change action to "custom" item" but within widget group you cannot, What's the reason for this?

Also would you mind explaining what "smart shortcuts are" please & how do I use them.

Trying to create a widget for an add on that's not working so I thought converting the url to hex would do the trick, but the custom item isn't available.

Many thanks

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-03-08

(2016-03-08, 00:43)Hitcher Wrote: @sualfred

The skin helper genre poster values are offset by 1.

This -
Code:
<value condition="SubString(Container.FolderPath,plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=browsegenres)">$INFO[ListItem.Art(poster.1)]</value>
should be -
Code:
<value condition="SubString(Container.FolderPath,plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=browsegenres)">$INFO[ListItem.Art(poster.0)]</value>
etc

Thanks! Changed.

(2016-03-08, 00:49)Rasscal Wrote: Hey sualfred I've just realized when modifying widgets you can change action to "custom" item" but within widget group you cannot, What's the reason for this?

Also would you mind explaining what "smart shortcuts are" please & how do I use them.

Trying to create a widget for an add on that's not working so I thought converting the url to hex would do the trick, but the custom item isn't available.

Many thanks

Because the "just select" method does not support this and I would have to create dialogs for each value, which is going to be stored in the background. A common user would have no clue what he is setting in.

For the smart shortcuts -> look at the skin helper script / skin shortcuts addon threads/wikis. They aren't skin provided.

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - optics - 2016-03-08

Sualfred,

This is great work!

Moving between widgets on the Shield is now smooth, like on the Mac.

The repo makes things much easier--not just installing the skin but all the dependencies. You may have missed the autocomplete addon though since I was prompted to install it in the UI.

Would you please add HD banners to TV shows?

Also please clarify what changed in the textviewer plots? I thought this might fix the cropped+repeated plots but it hasn't changed for me.

Thanks.

Good to hear that this is fixed on Shield, too. This means that the complicated $VAR's of the previous Genre method has caused the stuttering..

- Autocomplete makes sense. Will be added.
- Banners already work for TV shows?
- I have no cropping in the textviewer. No matter where. This is fixed. And for the repeated plots -> Fix your file meta tags. If you use the same text for Plot and PlotOutline it's not my fault ^^

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - optics - 2016-03-09

Reposting since my reply seems to have disappeared....

Re banners: I meant the "HD" diagonal badges on the posters. It would be great to have them on TV show posters like they currently are on movie posters.

Re outline + plot... I think this is a skin issue. Confluence shows only the data from the plot field. To confirm: I just redid all my NFOs, using TinyMediaManager pulling from IMDB. Outline field data is redundant and truncated if too long. Please see a sample NFO: http://goo.gl/VTDu4M

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-03-09

(2016-03-09, 04:27)optics Wrote: Reposting since my reply seems to have disappeared....

Re banners: I meant the "HD" diagonal badges on the posters. It would be great to have them on TV show posters like they currently are on movie posters.

Re outline + plot... I think this is a skin issue. Confluence shows only the data from the plot field. To confirm: I just redid all my NFOs, using TinyMediaManager pulling from IMDB. Outline field data is redundant and truncated if too long. Please see a sample NFO: http://goo.gl/VTDu4M

HD banners: Not possible, because a show has no video resolution, only the episodes.
Outline + plot: Good argument, but this won't solve the problem that some PVR addons fill PlotOutline with other information. TVHeadend for example does use PlotOutline for "moderated by John Doe". Grml...

Edit:
Okay, changed that Plot logic on the GitHub version. Stupid non conform usage of PlotOutline of some content providers.

Edit2:
Noticed that the latest TVheadend version will fill .EpisodeName with the same value of PlotOutline. Great. So everything should be okay now.

Thank you Sualfred. This makes it much easier to read the plot. One bug: It appears that the dialog box logic for the plot is different depending on whether it is accessed via the bottom of the poster page versus the top of the movie information page. If accessed from the info page, it doesn't display the movie title but has the complete plot. If accessed from the poster page, it displays the movie title but truncates long plots. See the NFO that I shared above.

(2016-03-09, 14:51)optics Wrote: Thank you Sualfred. This makes it much easier to read the plot. One bug: It appears that the dialog box logic for the plot is different depending on whether it is accessed via the bottom of the poster page versus the top of the movie information page. If accessed from the info page, it doesn't display the movie title but has the complete plot. If accessed from the poster page, it displays the movie title but truncates long plots. See the NFO that I shared above.

Could you please try again with the latest GitHub commit?

(2016-03-09, 16:59)sualfred Wrote:
(2016-03-09, 14:51)optics Wrote: Thank you Sualfred. This makes it much easier to read the plot. One bug: It appears that the dialog box logic for the plot is different depending on whether it is accessed via the bottom of the poster page versus the top of the movie information page. If accessed from the info page, it doesn't display the movie title but has the complete plot. If accessed from the poster page, it displays the movie title but truncates long plots. See the NFO that I shared above.

Could you please try again with the latest GitHub commit?

v2.1.4 (repo) seems to have fixed the truncated plot. One dialog box shows title, the other doesn't but that may be your design. Thanks.

That's by design, yup. Thanks for testing. Already pushed to the repo.

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - peleg - 2016-03-09

sualfred ,

Really great work !
Attaching my screenshots from fTV compered to AFTV ,

watch gallery

You can see that alignment of left side bar is a bit different ,also banner is bit down that expected.

- There is a possible to align those part ?

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - eskay993 - 2016-03-09

Hello

Thanks for the repo! Much appreciated.. I can also confirm the lag is completely gone o my Fire TV Smile

Couple of things:

1. When adding a custom widget item, I can't seem to find where I can add a Favourite (i.e. an item in my Favourites, not the whole of Favourites). Am I missing something?

2. When Preload Widgets is Off, if I navigate from the main menu on the left to any submenu, I get the full screen with the fTV logo where it says "done!" and just hangs. I tested this on Fire TV and Mac. Steps to recreate:

- Press right from a main menu, The full screen logo page with "done!" appears instead of submenu.
- Press right again and it loads the widget.
- Press left to go back to submenu. Full screen logo page appears instead of submenu.
- Press down a couple of time (as if you are browsing widgets) then press right and a different widget loads.

It's almost as if the submenu is hidden behind the full screen page. Hope that makes sense.I can do a video and logs if it helps.

Cheers

(2016-03-09, 22:37)eskay993 Wrote: Hello

Thanks for the repo! Much appreciated.. I can also confirm the lag is completely gone o my Fire TV Smile

Couple of things:

1. When adding a custom widget item, I can't seem to find where I can add a Favourite (i.e. an item in my Favourites, not the whole of Favourites). Am I missing something?

2. When Preload Widgets is Off, if I navigate from the main menu on the left to any submenu, I get the full screen with the fTV logo where it says "done!" and just hangs. I tested this on Fire TV and Mac. Steps to recreate:

- Press right from a main menu, The full screen logo page with "done!" appears instead of submenu.
- Press right again and it loads the widget.
- Press left to go back to submenu. Full screen logo page appears instead of submenu.
- Press down a couple of time (as if you are browsing widgets) then press right and a different widget loads.

It's almost as if the submenu is hidden behind the full screen page. Hope that makes sense.I can do a video and logs if it helps.

Cheers

1. -> Not possible. Only complete playlists/paths/groups can be assigend.
2. -> Thanks. Will take care of it tomorrow.

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - eskay993 - 2016-03-10

Cool, thanks for looking into it.

Out of curiosity, is the not having a Favourite as an option by design or a limitation? Hitcher's vision allows it and I'm fairly sure older versions of your mod had the option as well. As I say, just curious.

Reason I ask is that if I add the built in Programs or Video-addons shortcut I get a blank widget (same thing in Hitcher's version). Only solution I found was to add it as a Favourite first. It's also the only way (I believe) to get Android apps to show.

Cheers