Kodi Community Forum
Release fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Other Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=272)
+---- Thread: Release fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part (/showthread.php?tid=253058)

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - mmapurazi01 - 2016-04-08

(2016-04-08, 13:03)sualfred Wrote: Wait until the changes are merged to your build, too? ^^

Edit:
Or try the version before this commit: https://github.com/sualfred/skin.fTVfred/tree/ae11a60eb9fde46ab1e11741d1ca7944b2a1c5e0

I tried both ways unfortunately not working for me I guess. Will just have to wait it out a little longer.
don't wanna sound like an ungrateful dude, I know you got tonnes of work n other commitments to do and we get benefits of your mind, i was wondering when you are going to put the krypton mod to your repo?

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-04-08

As soon as Krypton hits the alpha stage.

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - mmapurazi01 - 2016-04-08

(2016-04-08, 18:10)sualfred Wrote: As soon as Krypton hits the alpha stage.

Sounds good. Thanks man

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - optics - 2016-04-09

For those that have Nvidia Shield TV STBs, this skin looks fantastic on a large 4k TV (particularly the jacket art and crisp fonts).

You need to use SPMC and set video output > set GUI resolution > unlimited. And you need high resolution jacket art, which I then resized to 1920px based on Hitcher's earlier guidance x 2 to account for 4k.

Minor point: It appears that the textures and more noticeably the icons are lower (1080) resolution. Is it possible to upgrade the textures/icons to 4K resolution in this skin?

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-04-09

All 898 textures are stored in /media ... hf ^^

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - optics - 2016-04-09

(2016-04-09, 18:47)sualfred Wrote: All 898 textures are stored in /media ... hf ^^

Yes, the final images are there. But where are the vector images / high resolution original PSDs?

Assuming these are available, batch conversion to 2x the current size is straightforward. But then the FTV skin needs to support the higher resolution images. I am not familiar with Kodi skinning enough to know whether you can use the same (higher resolution) image for all 16x9 resolutions, like you can specify the rendering size of a high resolution image on a web browser.

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-04-09

-> Kodi is very bad in downscaling images. Even if you save them in high resolution, they will look bad on <4k resolutions. So each skinner tries to store each texture 1:1 for the targeted skin resolution.
-> High resolution images will cause a speed penalty. The Kodi GUI engine isn't really performant.
-> The textures look good on a 4K display with nearly the same sharpness as on the native 1080p skin resolution (My Dell device is running a 4K resolution)

Hitcher is the original creator of the skin and I do not have the resources. All I did was to change them or create new ones based on the existing ones. I never had to ask him for project files, because the existing ones are good/simple enough to re-create new ones with some Photoshop experience.

Edit:

4K screenshots

watch gallery

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - Ayla - 2016-04-10

Can we use the repo for the Krypton branch yet, or only direct git pull?

Thanks

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-04-10

Not yet.Will replace the Jarvis version with Krypton as soon it hits alpha stage.

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - mmapurazi01 - 2016-04-12

Just a quick question guys, you know how the skin preloads after you start kodi? Is there any other way to refresh the skin while you are already in it? Thnx in advance

fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - iRubin - 2016-04-12

Please do not replace. Can you not only add the Version for Krypton to you Repo?

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-04-12

(2016-04-12, 04:09)mmapurazi01 Wrote: Just a quick question guys, you know how the skin preloads after you start kodi? Is there any other way to refresh the skin while you are already in it? Thnx in advance

It waits until the widgets are loaded. If the preloading takes longer than 30 seconds, it will skip the preloading and move to your home screen.
The only way to trigger a refresh is to reload the skin. This can be done with a keymap or if you assign the reload command to one of your main or shutdown menu

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <F5>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</F5>
        </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap>

(2016-04-12, 07:27)iRubin Wrote: Please do not replace. Can you not only add the Version for Krypton to you Repo?

Why? If you have the Jarvis version installed, it will stay on the Jarvis one. It won't update until you upgrade your Kodi to v17.
Keeping different versions in the same repo only works if I change the skin ID of one of them. This means you have to reconfigurate the skin once this was done.

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - dirtydesaster - 2016-04-12

For the krypton-version:

Artist Slideshow isn't working? It doesn't download any fanart Sad

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-04-12

(2016-04-12, 09:18)dirtydesaster Wrote: For the krypton-version:

Artist Slideshow isn't working? It doesn't download any fanart Sad

Not really skin related, but I will test it on my side this evening.

Please report your issue there:
Addon thread -> http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=124880

RE: fTV with full working and integrated LiveTV part - optics - 2016-04-20

I have created a widget group for internet radio stations. I have two issues with how they are displayed.

1) in the main menu, selecting the Radio menu item displays each of the widgets in the group. But each station icon is shown twice on the main menu (e.g. two BBC Radio 1 icons). After selecting a particular widget (e.g. BBC), then the FTV skin properly shows one icon per station.

2) all widgets are set for square view type. And this works properly on the main menu. But in the widget full screen view, the radio station icons are displayed in Square Info and there is no apparent way to change this.

Here's how I have configured it: each radio station consists of a *.pls file and a *.tbn file. Similar stations are grouped in folders on my server. Each folder is mapped to a Kodi favourite. To create the Radio widgets, I have a widget for each favourite (e.g. BBC, CBC, Klassik Radio). I am using the repo version of FTV skin on Kodi Jarvis on Nvidia Shield 3.1

Not sure if it's a bug in the FTV skin or bad configuration on my part... Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Related request--could we have a progress indicator for internet streams while they are loading. Even an indeterminate progress icon would at least acknowledge the keypress.

Thanks