Kodi Community Forum
Release fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Other Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=272)
+---- Thread: Release fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part (/showthread.php?tid=253058)

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-11-28

All addon settings (skins are addons too), are stored in a different folder. Overwriting will not clean you settings.
Just stay on the repo version. This version is nearly the same and always gets updated very fast, because I use it too to sync my own clients.

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - jdig4240 - 2016-11-30

Hey Sualfred, whats the trick for getting the background fanart to work. It used to work great all the time and would always show the fanart in the background of the addons, now I cant get any to show. I have the Enable fanart checked off. I even tried a fresh install with just the skin and a couple addons that always have fanart, but cant get it to show. Can you tell me what to do?? Thanks!!
Using Jarvis version.

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-11-30

You have the "Enable Fanart" setting checked. It's working on my side

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - jdig4240 - 2016-11-30

(2016-11-30, 20:18)sualfred Wrote: You have the "Enable Fanart" setting checked. It's working on my side

Yes i do, thats why i dont understand. What dependency provides fanart??

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-11-30

The youtube addon provides it in your case.

(2016-11-30, 20:30)sualfred Wrote: The youtube addon provides it in your case.

Just installed Krypton and it is working as it should. Now ill try installing a fresh Jarvis again and see the results, thanks!

Ok, so maybe a corrupt Kodi installation I guess?? After a fresh install of Kodi 16.1 I got the fanarts back. Sorry for wasting your time Sualfred. I just didnt understand how the Kodi installation could affect it i guess. I thought it was mostly dependent on the Kodi installation folder in roaming, which i did completely delete each time to start as fresh as possible. Anyways, Thanks bud.

Sent a small donation for the time.Thanks

No problem and thanks for the beer.
I highly recommend you to switch to Krypton. My support for Jarvis ended months ago.

(2016-11-30, 22:10)sualfred Wrote: No problem and thanks for the beer.
I highly recommend you to switch to Krypton. My support for Jarvis ended months ago.

Wow, I just noticed they fixed the issue of addons not being able to update with beta 6. On the other hand I use Superfavorites for alot of my setup witch didnt play nice with Krypton and widgets last time I tried. Ill give it another go.

Have you noticed the new behavior with Krypton when you delete the addons.db file it now disables all repos and addons by default on the next boot? Kind of annoying.

Normal. Addons are disabled by default, if they are not installed through zip or by a repo. Security reasons. If you delete the addon database, it will reset everything.

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - jdig4240 - 2016-12-01

Do you use super favorites at all?? I know Spoyser has quit updating the addon unfortunately. In Krypton any superfavorites I make dont open when clicked. They actually do open in the background but arent visible until you click the back button. Any insight on this? This was the main reason I stopped using Krypton in the beginning since I use SF to organize everything in my setup. It would be awesome to get SF working with Krypton and FTV.

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - mmapurazi01 - 2016-12-02

Hey guys, I was trying to load the skin on my Nvidia shield with the new kodi beta but it kept giving me an error about GUI 5.10 not being met? Do you know how I can overcome this?
Thanks in advance for all the help.

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - UsefulG - 2016-12-02

It sounds like you are trying to install the Jarvis version of the skin on Krypton, there was an xbmc gui requirement bump to 5.12.0 in Krypton. I'm sure Fred will correct me but you want to install his repository and install version 3.3.4 or 3.3.4a. Sorry about 100km away from my Pi3 to check.