Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon (/showthread.php?tid=254263)

RE: [RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon - mhoogenbosch - 2016-01-20

Yes i can confirm it's working with version 0.5.2 too.

From what i understand is it has something to do with HTTP and HTTPS being hardcoded somewhere? Is this solution anykind of futureproof? Could netflix change something and it'll break again (ofcourse i know they can, but since normal TV's with Netflix applications havent been broken, it must have to be related to the plugin,right?)

RE: [RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon - CountBor - 2016-01-20

(2016-01-18, 09:49)mhoogenbosch Wrote:
(2016-01-18, 03:51)knives of ice Wrote: does anyone have instructions they can write to make this work with OpenElec?
there is already a manual for that, You can find it here: http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/77591-chromium-html5-guide-for-netflix-amazon-prime?start=75#154806 has a few changes, but you should be able to work around those.

It is important to know it won't work on a Pi or Pi2, that's because the DRM file needed for playing the content doesn't work on ARM processors.

@knives of ice: I can confirm the instructions in that thread (opening post) worked for me. Flix2kodi is now running on OpenElec (I use the Milhouse builds) on NVidia ION hardware (Xstreamer Ultra). I did not make detailed notes but for your convenience, these are the steps I followed, with some comments where I struggled:

* Installed Chromium 6.0.4 (Step #1 in thread)
Note: I had a version on my machine already, not sure of the source. It did not have things like the ASH setting mentioned in the manual. Uninstalled it and picked up version 6.0.4 from the link in the thread, which does all the settings mentioned in the instructions.

* Installed the script.chromium_remotecontrol (Step #3 in thread)

* Installed Flix2kodi and make it use the above script to launch chromium

* Configure Chromium to use vdpau-nvidia (your mileage may vary if different HW)

Note: at this point I believe Netflix worked and played video, no audio yet. Had to enter credentials via a keyboard that I attached to my media box.

* Copy widevine from the Chrome distro for AMD64 Debian as described in Step #2 of thread
Note: I recall having difficulty finding the right folder to copy to but forgot to write it down. Can look it up if needed.
Note 2: still no audio at this point

* Configure Chromium to use custom audio

* Where it asks for a device string, enter *literally* what you see when running "aPlay -L", in my case: hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=1
Note: aPlay -L shows many such entries. To figure out which one to use, check your System->Audio settings in Kodi. In my case, the name inside Kodi had HDMI #1 in the name (HDMI output, device 1)

Flix2kodi now works and I have video + audio. There is a bit of stuttering in the first minute or so (buffering?) and after that it runs well. Video and audio and in sync, which is more than I can say of the Netflix client in my Smart TV.

Remote control does not yet work for me. I think I have seen a fix for the remote control script in the thread but have not been able to test that yet.

RE: [RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon - horstepipe - 2016-01-21

Hey logi85
if you have time, could you please make it possible to set seperate database folders for movies and tv shows? On this way we can add our Netflix movies and series to our existing folders which makes scraping much more comfortable. (e.g. having The Walking Dead Season 1-4 on Netflix and Season 5 locally stored, all seasons are in the same folder and no duplicate fanarts are being created)

Thank you

[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon - TheIrreverend - 2016-01-21

Using EventGhost I have my remote issues solved, but every time I close out of Chrome Kodi gives me an error saying "Could not update play count". I can update it manually, but not sure why it isn't working.

RE: [RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon - ben.page - 2016-01-21

I've been having an issue with SSL of some kind with this plugin on Kodi 15.2 on Win7 x64.. I've got latest 0.5.2, but I've tried with earlier versions over the last couple of weeks. Same issue, regardless of what I select in the SSL area of the config - this is from the most recent log, attempted with Use advanced SSL set to Off, and SSL version set to Auto, however as I said I've tried many combos with the same results:

Code:
08:31:36 T:4852  NOTICE: [plugin.video.flix2kodi] Loading netflix: https://www.netflix.com/Login Post: None
08:31:36 T:4852   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'requests.exceptions.SSLError'>
                                            Error Contents: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\addon.py", line 91, in <module>
                                                if connect.do_login()==True:
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\connect.py", line 216, in do_login
                                                return login.login()
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\login.py", line 26, in login
                                                content = connect.load_netflix_site(generic_utility.main_url + 'Login', new_session=True, login_process=True)
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\connect.py", line 106, in load_netflix_site
                                                ret, status_code = load_site_internal(url, session, post, netflix=True, options=False)
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\connect.py", line 195, in load_site_internal
                                                response = session.get(url, headers=headers, cookies=cookies, verify=False)
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 480, in get
                                                return self.request('GET', url, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 468, in request
                                                resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 576, in send
                                                r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\adapters.py", line 447, in send
                                                raise SSLError(e, request=request)
                                            SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
08:31:36 T:6716   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.flix2kodi/?mode=main&thumb&type=movie&url
08:31:36 T:6716   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.flix2kodi/?mode=main&thumb&type=movie&url) failed

RE: [RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon - ronsonol8 - 2016-01-22

(2016-01-21, 23:41)ben.page Wrote: I've been having an issue with SSL of some kind with this plugin on Kodi 15.2 on Win7 x64.. I've got latest 0.5.2, but I've tried with earlier versions over the last couple of weeks. Same issue, regardless of what I select in the SSL area of the config - this is from the most recent log, attempted with Use advanced SSL set to Off, and SSL version set to Auto, however as I said I've tried many combos with the same results:

Code:
08:31:36 T:4852  NOTICE: [plugin.video.flix2kodi] Loading netflix: https://www.netflix.com/Login Post: None
08:31:36 T:4852   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'requests.exceptions.SSLError'>
                                            Error Contents: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\addon.py", line 91, in <module>
                                                if connect.do_login()==True:
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\connect.py", line 216, in do_login
                                                return login.login()
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\login.py", line 26, in login
                                                content = connect.load_netflix_site(generic_utility.main_url + 'Login', new_session=True, login_process=True)
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\connect.py", line 106, in load_netflix_site
                                                ret, status_code = load_site_internal(url, session, post, netflix=True, options=False)
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\connect.py", line 195, in load_site_internal
                                                response = session.get(url, headers=headers, cookies=cookies, verify=False)
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 480, in get
                                                return self.request('GET', url, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 468, in request
                                                resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 576, in send
                                                r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\adapters.py", line 447, in send
                                                raise SSLError(e, request=request)
                                            SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
08:31:36 T:6716   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.flix2kodi/?mode=main&thumb&type=movie&url
08:31:36 T:6716   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.flix2kodi/?mode=main&thumb&type=movie&url) failed

I have exactly the same problem. For me it is due to using an unblocker type dns.
It does not support SSLv3, but only TLSv1 and above.
Turning off ssl has no affect it continues to try, and it only seems to ever try SSLv3.
Another netflix plugin for xbmc called Netflixbmc was able to solve this by using new methods calling libraries from pyOpenSSL..

RE: [RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon - ben.page - 2016-01-22

(2016-01-22, 02:40)ronsonol8 Wrote: I have exactly the same problem. For me it is due to using an unblocker type dns.
Turning off ssl has no affect it continues to try, and it only seems to ever try SSLv3.
Another netflix plugin for xbmc called Netflixbmc was able to solve this by using new methods calling libraries from pyOpenSSL..

That would be my issue - I'm using SmartDNS. I tried NetfliXMBC but it has a similar error, even using TLS. What version of NetfliXMBC are you using? I'm using 1.3.18.

RE: [RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon - ronsonol8 - 2016-01-22

(2016-01-22, 03:14)ben.page Wrote:
(2016-01-22, 02:40)ronsonol8 Wrote: I have exactly the same problem. For me it is due to using an unblocker type dns.

That would be my issue - I'm using SmartDNS. I tried NetfliXMBC but it has a similar error, even using TLS. What version of NetfliXMBC are you using? I'm using 1.3.18.

When the plugin was working with Netflix I was using 1.3.23 of Netflixbmc from alelec's repo.

RE: [RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon - ben.page - 2016-01-22

(2016-01-22, 05:12)ronsonol8 Wrote: When the plugin was working with Netflix I was using 1.3.23 of Netflixbmc from alelec's repo.

Damn.. I just tried that and i get absolutely nowhere, crashed on startup, makes kodi unresponsive.. then it uninstalled itself!

Anyone got a solution for the SmartDNS issue in flix2kodi?

RE: [RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon - MViper - 2016-01-22

I'm also trying to make it work. Tried 0.5.1 and 0.5.2 and same error - Flix2Kodi crashed - Try to refresh your login.

Tried on different PC with fresh Kodi installed.. Same problem.

I'm using W7 x64 on both rigs and Kodi 15.2.

Have I missed something, is there something I forgot to install..... please help.

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3r3ciiusuvu44f/kodi.log?dl=0

RE: [RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon - cwh060 - 2016-01-22

Not sure if any of you are experiencing NetFlix problems when using any type of DNS redirect, but they are now cracking down on this. Started earlier this week in my country. (CAN)

http://news.yahoo.com/netflix-fires-first-shot-battle-103058046.html;_ylt=A0LEVvUnNaJWQ3wAoTInnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--

I can use the service either way, through my normal settings in my home country, it works fine. Using a redirect service, Netflix does not load properly. I suspect they have blocked the VPN servers I usually connect to. This also happens if I try to use Hula from my country.

RE: [RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon - sagrath - 2016-01-22

@logi85

I believe I've found a little bug:

When we enter in "My List" it shows Movies and Series, whatever section we enter. If I enter in My List in Movies section, It shows both types. The same happens if I enter in My List in Series section.

The series and movies workin 100%, just this issue.

Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon - tocinillo - 2016-01-22

Hi! Very nice work @logi85 , can you add support for disable LIRC before launch the script/chrome? Im running Ubuntu 14.04 and when I close the browser, Kodi press all the buttons at the same time...

You only need add:

self._rpc('LIRC.Stop', [], builtin=True) in the main py file.

Thanks again Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon - sirhcjw - 2016-01-23

(2016-01-22, 11:16)MViper Wrote: I'm also trying to make it work. Tried 0.5.1 and 0.5.2 and same error - Flix2Kodi crashed - Try to refresh your login.

Have I missed something, is there something I forgot to install..... please help.

Log:

I have exactly the same issue. I have deleted cache, cookies, reset plugin etc. Nothing helps.
It kinda works intermittently.

RE: [RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon - aas88keyz - 2016-01-23

(2016-01-23, 06:37)sirhcjw Wrote:
(2016-01-22, 11:16)MViper Wrote: I'm also trying to make it work. Tried 0.5.1 and 0.5.2 and same error - Flix2Kodi crashed - Try to refresh your login.

Log:

I have exactly the same issue. I have deleted cache, cookies, reset plugin etc. Nothing helps.
It kinda works intermittently.

Just curious but what happens if you try to play a Netflix video directly from your web browser as apposed from the this Kodi addon?