Kodi Community Forum
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=254502)

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - jingai - 2017-09-05

(2017-09-04, 22:43)BlackCatPeanut Wrote: Max retries exceeded with url: /XXXXXXXX/:XXXX/jsonrpc

The KODI_ADDRESS field should be just the address (IP or FQDN) without slashes, etc. For example:

Code:
myip.mydyndns.org

Likewise, the port number should be just digits.

Not sure which one is wrong, but that's likely your problem.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - BlackCatPeanut - 2017-09-05

(2017-09-05, 01:13)jingai Wrote:
(2017-09-04, 22:43)BlackCatPeanut Wrote: Max retries exceeded with url: /XXXXXXXX/:XXXX/jsonrpc

The KODI_ADDRESS field should be just the address (IP or FQDN) without slashes, etc. For example:

Code:
myip.mydyndns.org

You're a legend. Thanks for the advice. Successful response now.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - BlackCatPeanut - 2017-09-05

(2017-09-05, 01:13)jingai Wrote:

Code:
myip.mydyndns.org

You're a legend. Thanks for the advice. Successful response now.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - DonBrutto - 2017-09-09

I finally got this set up on my main kodi instance and it works great! I also set it up on a new firestick but it only works occasionally. Sometimes it works with television shows but never with movies. More often than not it closes kodi and sends me to amazon prime. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a way to default to kodi?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - jingai - 2017-09-09

(2017-09-09, 12:01)DonBrutto Wrote: I finally got this set up on my main kodi instance and it works great! I also set it up on a new firestick but it only works occasionally. Sometimes it works with television shows but never with movies. More often than not it closes kodi and sends me to amazon prime. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a way to default to kodi?

Provide exact examples of what you're saying for each device.

Main: Alexa, ask "the computer" to play the movie Goodfellas. Works.

firetv: Ask the computer to play the movie Goodfellas. Closes kodi and goes to amazon prime page.

Hmm, not really sure. Are you asking using the firetv remote or an Echo device? Either should work, but I usually only use my Echo devices.

I'm using the firetv remote. I don't have an echo device tied to that room.

You should experiment with different invocation names then. I suspect the Fire TV video skill is interfering.

I personally use "kodi" as the invocation name for the skill.

Thanks, i'll try that.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - foreveradevil - 2017-09-10

Hi all...

So close but so far...alexa talks to the skill but when I ask anything it paused and tries but comes back with 'timed out'..any help appreciated. I think it's struggling to access my kodi from outside my lan

Oh and I can't use the custom slot generator..I get an error saying please validate your server information

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - jingai - 2017-09-10

@foreveradevil, you're either entering in your address/port wrong or it's not open/forwarding to Kodi.

To know for sure, you'd need to look at the skill logs, but that's what it sounds like.

Ok. Thanks for that. How do I find the skills logs ?

I've now got the port forwarding setup and I can connect ok but every command I ask comes back with the requested skill tool too long to respond?