Kodi Community Forum
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=254502)

Looking for ways to debug this - skill mostly works except for playing video - mitnits - 2018-03-15

Just got the skill installed, very nice job, BTW.

So it mostly works OK - for example I can "open Kodi" and tell it "left", "right" etc, I also get reasonable replies when I inquire about "latest movies" or "latest shows" (also somehow I basically get a random sampling of movies, including ones I have watched)...

Where it does not work though is when I ask to play a movie  - I get the generic "There was a problem with the requested skill's response" and the reply JSON looks empty...

Where can I look to debug this? My kodi is on android TV so it's a bit of bummer to get to the logs, but I'll do it if that will help...

Also - feature request - "ask kodi if I have "******" in my library"  Smile

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - micks_in - 2018-03-17

Hi,

i am getting the following error when i try to deploy zappa. please advice what may be wrong?

Calling deploy for stage dev..
Oh no! An error occurred! :(

==============

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/Micks/kodi-alexa/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/zappa/cli.py", line 2610, in handle
    sys.exit(cli.handle())
  File "/Users/Micks/kodi-alexa/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/zappa/cli.py", line 505, in handle
    self.dispatch_command(self.command, stage)
  File "/Users/Micks/kodi-alexa/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/zappa/cli.py", line 539, in dispatch_command
    self.deploy(self.vargs['zip'])
  File "/Users/Micks/kodi-alexa/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/zappa/cli.py", line 709, in deploy
    self.create_package()
  File "/Users/Micks/kodi-alexa/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/zappa/cli.py", line 2171, in create_package
    disable_progress=self.disable_progress
  File "/Users/Micks/kodi-alexa/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/zappa/core.py", line 447, in create_lambda_zip
    import pip
  File "/Users/Micks/kodi-alexa/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/__init__.py", line 45, in <module>
    from pip.vcs import git, mercurial, subversion, bazaar  # noqa
  File "/Users/Micks/kodi-alexa/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/vcs/mercurial.py", line 9, in <module>
    from pip.download import path_to_url
  File "/Users/Micks/kodi-alexa/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/download.py", line 40, in <module>
    from pip._vendor import requests, six
  File "/Users/Micks/kodi-alexa/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/requests/__init__.py", line 98, in <module>
    from . import packages
  File "/Users/Micks/kodi-alexa/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/requests/packages.py", line 12, in <module>
    sys.modules['pip._vendor.requests.packages.' + mod] = sys.modules["pip._vendor." + mod]
KeyError: 'pip._vendor.urllib3.contrib.pyopenssl'

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - 37KDeep - 2018-03-17

Can Alexa save currently playing to my Kodi Favorites?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - smokinimages - 2018-03-20

I had the same issue and it was a pita to track down. Within your virtual env go to lib/site-packages/zappa and edit the cli.py file. Add import pip at the start of the imports. Seems there is an issue where if the requests library is imported before pip and you get this error

ie
from __future__ import unicode_literals
from __future__ import division
from past.builtins import basestring
from builtins import input, bytes

import pip 
import argcomplete
import argparse

---

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - Yardley - 2018-03-20

(2018-03-20, 00:09)smokinimages Wrote: I had the same issue and it was a pita to track down. Within your virtual env go to lib/site-packages/zappa and edit the cli.py file. Add import pip at the start of the imports. Seems there is an issue where if the requests library is imported before pip and you get this error

ie
from __future__ import unicode_literals
from __future__ import division
from past.builtins import basestring
from builtins import input, bytes

import pip 
import argcomplete
import argparse

---
 Thanks so much! I was so frustrated by this.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - Yardley - 2018-03-21

Hi guys I have followed the original directions many times and I can't get this to work. Initially I was getting stuck during the zappa deploy step but the trick from smokinimages posted above got my past that. I am now able to complete all steps with no errors but I am getting the 500 HTTP error. Is there a log that I can provide so that someone more knowledgeable can point me in the right direction?

EDIT: found out how to get to the CloudWatch logs, here's one. I don't know much but this seems very wrong to me. 

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/5HW4bVkvZ3/

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - bigjpayne90 - 2018-03-21

I'm with Yardley.

All the code went in fine, even the AWS setup.  Now I'm getting "There was a problem with the requested skill's response" and 500 HTTP status code showing in app.

How do I access my the skill's log to see what the problem is?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - Yardley - 2018-03-21

(2018-03-21, 05:25)bigjpayne90 Wrote: I'm with Yardley.

All the code went in fine, even the AWS setup.  Now I'm getting "There was a problem with the requested skill's response" and 500 HTTP status code showing in app.

How do I access my the skill's log to see what the problem is?
To get the CloudWatch logs see this post

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - aktur - 2018-03-21

I was trying to adjust subtitles delay via Alexa and it failed. I've looked at code and indeed it's not implemented. I would like very much have possibility to say "Alexa, ask Kodi to delay subtitles one second" or "Alexa, ask Kodi to advance subtitles by three hundred milliseconds" etc. I'm programmer myself, so I might be able to add this to the code. However, as this skill is new for me some pointers how to start would be appreciated and can set me on speed. Moreover, if anybody has an idea of which steps should be performed to add this functionality, please share :-)

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - bigjpayne90 - 2018-03-22

My CloudWatch logs look identical to Yardley's post #2,226... Hopefully one of these geniuses can help us.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - Yardley - 2018-03-23

Has anyone set this up successfully in the past couple of days? I have tried a million times and still can't get it to work, I just get "there was a problem with the requested skills response." I have tried from Windows 7, Windows 10 and Mac and all yield the same result. PS, anyone willing to log into my system remotely and help me out for a fee?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - evil-error - 2018-03-23

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately same error here - "HTTP 500: return internal server error"
Does that mean that the skill can't communicate with AWS or Kodi?
I have repeated the setup, step by step, changed the password, checked my router settings, etc., but I can not find the reason.
I ' going a little bit frustrated.
I am completely new with AWS and Alexa skills, maybe someone can help me to get more details.
I've been trying to figure out something more with Zappa Tail,  without success - are there any other logs I could check for more information? I am grateful for any help.

cheers.

JohnP.S.: independently of it: MANY thanks to the developer for the work, and also the great tutorial!! thanks for sharing all this with us Smile

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - micks_in - 2018-03-24

Thanks for the tip smokinimages. it worked!

however i am in the same boat as others now where i am getting the 500 HTTP error when i issue a command to Alexa. even the testing is giving the same error. not sure what is wrong and how to fix it.

appreciate advice from anyone who managed to resolve this issue.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - bigjpayne90 - 2018-03-24

I gave up and used this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=327562 beta skill.

I'm pretty happy with it so far but kinda bummed I couldn't do it myself...

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - evil-error - 2018-03-25

Thanks for the hint - i'll check it out.

For basic functions I already use the kodi adapter for iobroker with a script running. 
So I can trigger basic states like, play, stop, mute, or open a pre-defined radio station with the normal "alexa..." command. 

https://github.com/instalator/ioBroker.kodi