Kodi Community Forum
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=254502)

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - m0ngr31 - 2018-05-13

Do you already have a zappa.json file in that directory?

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - RodinMe - 2018-05-13

Ive been playing with Kodi for around 6 months on a Raspberry pi3, using both Raspi and LibreElec, and have been installing the Alexa skill for Kodi for perhaps 3 months, using your great tools, both Kodi-alexa and, more recently, Kanzi.  I've been able to successfully install a kanzi-alexa skill, but there are several commands that don't work.  I'm trying to use Kodi at this point as an audio-only player.  It responds well to the command "Play album XXX,"  but will usually fail to the commands to play either individual songs or artists, with error 500.  I'm using lambda.  The meat of the Cloudwatch logs say the following:  

File "/var/task/alexa.py", line 91, in decorated_function 

20:59:43
return f(*args, **kwargs) 

20:59:43
TypeError: alexa_listen_song() takes exactly 4 arguments (3 given)

and

File "/var/task/alexa.py", line 91, in decorated_function 

20:58:08
return f(*args, **kwargs) 

20:58:08
TypeError: alexa_listen_artist() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given).

As I recall, this didn't happen when I installed using the older kodi-alexa installer.

Any thoughts?

Thx.  Rod

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - m0ngr31 - 2018-05-15

I'll have to look into that one and see what's going on.

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - robvdv77 - 2018-05-16

I've tried to get this one working for me. I have used the lexigram way and all seems to be going well until...... update slot values. Where it answers "Kodi server configuration settings are wrong"  I can access the kodi from an pc with the same credentials I gave in in the config file. So what am I doing wrong? Anyone who can help?

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - itunes1995 - 2018-05-18

Is somebody using the skill with the german language, too?!
It seems with the german langugage the skill is not working anymore (it was working before "Kanzi", I was using the skill half a year ago with almost no issues Undecided ).
I have changed inside the kodi.config.txt the language to "de".

e.g. (ofc in german):
"Alexa, ask kodi to show the movie Deadpool"
"Alexa, ask kodi to show the movie Inception"
-> it will start a movie, but always (tried it ~ 20 times) no the movie which I have asked for.
It was just working for one movie from all I have tried (don't know anymore which movie)

Also for example if I ask Alexa to show the TV-Show game of thrones...
--> Alexa is answering: There is nothing currently played
WTF?!

Somebod can may help?!
Thanks.

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - masinad - 2018-05-18

I did everything what was in manual, 3 times for now(before deleted skill and IAM roles), but alexa says "I could not find skill called kodi" I dont get whats wrong

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - masinad - 2018-05-18

dohh, I needed to enable the skill also in alexa.amazon

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - m0ngr31 - 2018-05-21

(2018-05-18, 14:47)itunes1995 Wrote: Is somebody using the skill with the german language, too?!
It seems with the german langugage the skill is not working anymore (it was working before "Kanzi", I was using the skill half a year ago with almost no issues Undecided ).
I have changed inside the kodi.config.txt the language to "de".

e.g. (ofc in german):
"Alexa, ask kodi to show the movie Deadpool"
"Alexa, ask kodi to show the movie Inception"
-> it will start a movie, but always (tried it ~ 20 times) no the movie which I have asked for.
It was just working for one movie from all I have tried (don't know anymore which movie)

Also for example if I ask Alexa to show the TV-Show game of thrones...
--> Alexa is answering: There is nothing currently played
WTF?!

Somebod can may help?!
Thanks.
I'm guessing you mean kodi.config and not kodi.config.txt becuase that wouldn't work? Can you verify that for me? Do you still have the old skill running as well?

(2018-05-16, 20:40)robvdv77 Wrote: I've tried to get this one working for me. I have used the lexigram way and all seems to be going well until...... update slot values. Where it answers "Kodi server configuration settings are wrong"  I can access the kodi from an pc with the same credentials I gave in in the config file. So what am I doing wrong? Anyone who can help?

What's in the error log?

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - robvdv77 - 2018-05-23

(2018-05-21, 22:01)m0ngr31 Wrote:
(2018-05-18, 14:47)itunes1995 Wrote:  
(2018-05-16, 20:40)robvdv77 Wrote: I've tried to get this one working for me. I have used the lexigram way and all seems to be going well until...... update slot values. Where it answers "Kodi server configuration settings are wrong"  I can access the kodi from an pc with the same credentials I gave in in the config file. So what am I doing wrong? Anyone who can help?

What's in the error log? 
2018-05-23 21:17:14 :::
Error: Command failed: C:\Users\eline\AppData\Roaming\nvm\v8.11.1\node_modules\lexigram-cli\dist/../node_modules/.bin/ask deploy -t skill
[Error]: Invalid url info.
Cannot find valid lambda function with the given name, nor find sourceDir as codebase path to create lambda function.

I copied the arn:.... part, could there be a typo and how can I correct that?

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - YehudahHaMakabi - 2018-05-24

I keep getting error 401 when trying to login. Box running Debian. Proper node version. Tried several times.

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - Shadowmage952 - 2018-05-25

I'm trying to update from the old (6+ months ago) skill to the new process and everything has been working fine up until the deploy phase and then I'm running into the same problem as a few other users have mentioned on here:

Code:
What would you like your invocation name to be? [1, 2, 0]: 2
 √ Check config file
 √ Validate config file
 √ Check skill directory
 √ Remove old repo code
 √ Download latest source code
 √ Extract source code
 √ Extract source code - Part 2
 √ Update skill data
 √ Update slot values
 × Deploy skill
   → Error deploying. Please try againC:\Users\Shadowmage952>npm install -g [email][email protected][/email]
C:\Program Files\nodejs\ask -> C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\ask-cli\bin\ask.js
+ [email][email protected][/email]
updated 1 package in 17.556sC:\Users\Shadowmage952>cd kanziC:\Users\tsm20\kanzi>ask deploy -t skill
Cannot find valid lambda function with the given name, nor find sourceDir as codebase path to create lambda function.C:\Users\Shadowmage952\kanzi>

It sounded like you had PMed a potential fix to a few other users.  I was curious what the process was.

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - nirreee - 2018-05-29

Did you get any respond on this? I have the same issue ... :/

Cannot find valid lambda function with the given name, nor find sourceDir as codebase path to create lambda function.

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - m0ngr31 - 2018-05-30

The issue seems to pop up from a couple of things and it's hard to nail down for sure what is going on. I'm willing to put some time in it and do a TeamViewer session or something to figure out exactly what is going on. Some things I've seen from it so far:

- I have seen a number of users trying to deploy from a Raspberry Pi and get that error. It would go away when they'd switch to another device (laptop/desktop)
- Someone was trying to add in a port number as well... ex: https://kodi.blahblah.com:8080 and that will always fail.

I have one more idea, but I'll have to update the cli to test it.

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - nirreee - 2018-05-31

Hi, I am running Windows 7 on this device so this is really strange.
I double checked the URL but it looks good. Like yours but without https. Like this: "kodi.blahblah.com". However I do not think the issue is with the URL since when I tried to add http:// before it it stops on the previous step "Update slot values" with another error instead of last step "Deploy skill".

Can you explain more about the idea to update cli? Smile
Thanks for the help! 
Nick

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - horstepipe - 2018-06-01

Hey
any chance to wrap the self hosted service into a Kodi addon that 'just' works?
Thank you very much for the skill!