Kodi Community Forum
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=254502)

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - nirreee - 2018-06-01

Hey, really nice of you to offer a teamviewer session. Let me know when you have time so we can schedule it Smile
/ Nick

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - nirreee - 2018-06-03

So I think this can be the related issue why I cannot deploy. 
When running command:
"pip install -r requirements.txt"
I get this error:
"Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in c:\users\<NAME>\appdata\local\temp\pip-install-asgytm\flask-ask\"

I have tried to google the error and done:

(venv) C:\Users\<NAME>\kodi\kanzi>python -m pip install -U pip
Requirement already up-to-date: pip in c:\users\<NAME>\kodi\kanzi\venv\lib\site-p
ackages (10.0.1)

(venv) C:\Users\<NAME>\kodi\kanzi>pip install --upgrade setuptools
Requirement already up-to-date: setuptools in c:\users\<NAME>\kodi\kanzi\venv\lib
\site-packages (39.2.0)

I also tried this after some googling(maybe it is related?):"easy_install -U setuptools"Installing easy_install.exe script to c:\users\<NAME>\kodi\kanzi\venv\Scripts
error: [Error 5] Access is denied: 'c:\\users\\<NAME>\\kodi\\kanzi\\venv\\Scripts
\\easy_install.exe'

I have tried to change permission and remove read only in kodi/kanzi folder to see if it solves it but it doesn't..

Any ideas?

P.S.
I tried to do this on another windows 7 device. Same issue..

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - nirreee - 2018-06-05

I just want to update. Tried to do same thing on linux and got the same issue. Then I discovered that the actual name in the AWS lambda function should not be "kanzi"... instead it should be "kazni" HAHA. Maybe it is just me but this could probably be in BOLD or highlighted in some way Big Grin!!

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - Chrrs - 2018-06-09

I'm following the documentation on lexigram and I'm a bit lost at trying self-host the skill server. 

I've installed all the requirements from requirements.txt. I launch the skill server with python alexa.py, but it just immediately exists without any errors. I don't see any log files either.

. h

Think I found part of my answer. The application needs to be invoked from uwsgi instead of as a straight Python application. I installed uwsgi and was able to load the skill server. I'm now trying to get https working by putting the skill server behind my nginx proxy.

I'm following the tutorial here: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-uwsgi-and-nginx-to-serve-python-apps-on-ubuntu-14-04, but I'm not sure what to put in the ini file for the module line. alexa.py doesn't seem to have a "main" function and I'm not too familiar with Flask/uwsgi applications.

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - lukaskupasz - 2018-07-04

I can't find it in the skill shop... maybe because I'm in Germany? How to get this skill?

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - sahara - 2018-07-08

Hi,

I have an issue with an add-on. Installed Kodi 17 + LazyTV. Addon works fine if manually started. If telling alexa to start it, she says opening LazyTV and then I get an error.

Here the log: https://pastebin.com/bfTNp0Gn

It works fine in my old Kodi 16 fork (wetek media player). I even copied add-on and add-on data from 16 to 17, but same issue.

Thank you

Seems that if I open LazyTV settings, and tel Alexa to execute it, it also works...

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - sahara - 2018-07-08

I don't even need LazyTV, IF I can achieve this with Alexa as with the add-on.
Create random shows in "folders".
To explain, I have LazyTV set up with series a,b and c. If I ask alexa to execute it, it will randomize them
Then, I have LazyTV Clone, if I ask Alexa to execute that, it will randomize shows d,e and f.

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - CaseCRS87 - 2018-07-09

Hi there, I'm trying to set this up this skill but am stuck on the "lexigram login" step. I've created an account for both AWS and for the Amazon Developer part. When I run the login command  and select the default profile the login page in the browser pops up, I can log in but then I get an error on the Terminal 
Code:
Switch to 'Login with Amazon' page...
Tokens fetched and recorded in ask-cli config.
Call list-vendors error.
Error code: 401
{
"message": "You are not authorized to access this operation."
}

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - walkjivefly - 2018-07-09

I'm trying to deploy the koko skill from linux but get similar errors to others here. On the very last step it reports "Error deploying" and the errorlog says
Error: Command failed: /home/mark/.nvm/versions/node/v8.11.1/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/dist/../node_modules/.bin/ask deploy -t skill
[Error]: Invalid url info.
Cannot find valid lambda function with the given name, nor find sourceDir as codebase path to create lambda function.

Tried hosting it on both Heroku and Lambda and the error is the same in both cases.
kodi.config looks OK, I've got a koko dir with a shit-ton of javascript and other stuff, a koko-lambda-upload.zip

I've tried the suggested
ask deploy -t skill 
ask deploy -t model 
to get more info and got precisely no more info in the errorlog.

I've tried 
npm install -g [email protected] 
(it told me there is an npm update available)
ask deploy -t model
and still got no more info in the debug.log

Has anyone solved this yet? Care to share the answer?

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - walkjivefly - 2018-07-11

(2018-07-09, 20:14)walkjivefly Wrote: I'm trying to deploy the koko skill from linux but get similar errors to others here. On the very last step it reports "Error deploying" and the errorlog says
Error: Command failed: /home/mark/.nvm/versions/node/v8.11.1/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/dist/../node_modules/.bin/ask deploy -t skill
Cannot find valid lambda function with the given name, nor find sourceDir as codebase path to create lambda function.

Tried hosting it on both Heroku and Lambda and the error is the same in both cases.
kodi.config looks OK, I've got a koko dir with a shit-ton of javascript and other stuff, a koko-lambda-upload.zip

I've tried the suggested
ask deploy -t skill 
ask deploy -t model 
to get more info and got precisely no more info in the errorlog.

I've tried 
npm install -g [email protected] 
(it told me there is an npm update available)
ask deploy -t model
and still got no more info in the debug.log

Has anyone solved this yet? Care to share the answer?
I managed to deploy the skill (hosted on Heroku) by editing the koko/.ask/config and using the ask deploy command from within the koko directory. Alexa has problems talking to it but that's another battle.

Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - 11binary - 2018-07-15

I was able to successfully deploy the kanzi skill and it runs perfect. then I was able to also deploy koko.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say to alexa to get it started

Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - 11binary - 2018-07-16

answered my own question forgot to enable the skill lol

RE: Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - hattabatatta - 2018-07-18

Wanted to try Kanzi ...
Followed every step and tried it with Heroku as well as with AWS Lamdba.

Both deploy steps showing the same error:

Read nearly the whole thread ... most users have the same error and it seems no one fixed this ... 

What a pitty Sad