Kodi Community Forum
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=254502)

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - jingai - 2016-12-19

Add any new slots first. Then update the Intents and Utterances at the same time.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - DoubleT - 2016-12-19

Got it!

To others who may be confused, if you started editing the utterances or intents first you should back out and start over, add slots first then update the rest.
Thanks for your assistance, greatly appreciated!

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - slicck - 2016-12-20

(2016-12-19, 17:59)jingai Wrote: @slicck, I literally just answered this question.. like 3 times.. lol

But anyway.. don't edit .env.lambda directly. Copy it to .env first, then edit it.

@jingai, I'm still getting the error. I made a copy of the ".env.lambda" file and named it "kodi.env". I then edited the kodi.env file with my variables. What am I missing here?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - jingai - 2016-12-20

@slicck, I don't get it. Why would you name it "kodi.env" when I said to name it ".env"?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - slicck - 2016-12-20

@jingai, windows didn't let me name it .env extension without a file name.
I just copied it using the command prompt and got it to work. Thanks.

I have the generic play code in place.. and it works well for most things.

But, for audio, it's basically like asking the native Alexa skills for stuff -- it seems random to us humans.. I see what it's doing, but for some things, it simply doesn't pass the search string at all. Plus, there's a bug that is preventing me from allowing it to search the Songs slot at all for some Intents.

I need to think this through longer, but I thought I'd ask here: is there anyone here that would like to beta test this? I need you to be able to update your skill from a branch, check logs, make changes, etc, quickly. If you are not sure about any of that, please don't apply. Bonus points if you know a bit about how Alexa skills work in general.

PM me please if you think you can help.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - zaraki7 - 2016-12-20

@fergalom I found the way to make it work manually zipping and uploading all the necessary files to the lambda server but i'm definitly gonna try your way thnx.Once all done I'm gonna do a tutorial for people like me who got no knowleges in lambda use.

Is it possible to toggle Alexa invocation name? I mean instead of saying all the time "alexa tell kodi to..." say it once and then release it with any word like"goodbye".

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - DoubleT - 2016-12-20

I'd like to offer my help in writing up some documentation or amending some.
I realise i asked a question that you've answered a number of times - the thread is becoming a bit tl;dr

@DoubleT, feel free to make a pull request on github if you can improve the documentation that's already there. The help would be welcomed.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - digiltd - 2016-12-21

(2016-12-20, 11:41)zaraki7 Wrote: Is it possible to toggle Alexa invocation name? I mean instead of saying all the time "alexa tell kodi to..." say it once and then release it with any word like"goodbye".

Whilst in theory this is technically possible I can't see why you would need to, other than to mimic pressing buttons i.e. "left, left, select, back, back... etc".

Do you have an example of how you see it being used?

To help you understand, this type of interaction (where Alexa asks a question and then waits for a response) means that she would be constantly listening, processing chunks of audio (with you waiting a few seconds each time) coming back with a "sorry try again" response each time until she detects an acceptable word/phrase.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - Steevo25 - 2016-12-21

I have installed this using AWS and it works perfectly.

Just wondered how I could control 2 kodi boxes. Externally, they would both be sharing the public IP address but would be on a different port. I am a complete newbie to all of this and have no idea how the coding works, I just followed step by step instructions.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - jingai - 2016-12-21

@Steevo25, at the moment, you create a separate instance (with a different invocation and skill name) for each Kodi installation you want to control.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - Steevo25 - 2016-12-21

When you say a different instance, do you mean I just do the whole installation again. Would this not overwrite the lambda or do I have to change something in the python scripts so it uploads the code under a different name. At the moment it shows as kodi-alexa-master and not sure where this name is defined.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - jingai - 2016-12-21

@Steevo25, yes, I mean you make another copy of the entire skill, but point it at the other Kodi installation.

Edit deploy-to-lambda.py on the second instance and change app_name to something else.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - zaraki7 - 2016-12-21

@slicck If you want to rename your .env.lambda file to .env on windows type ".env." "dot env dot" it worked for me