Kodi Community Forum
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=254502)

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - init5 - 2016-12-28

Hi,

I am facing the Signature expired issue during the deployment to AWS using the terminal on MacOS.
Strangely, the ntpd clock sync did not help as well.

Can somebody tell me what exactly I have to upload using the AWS web ui for creating a new function?

Simply ziping the kodi-alexa folder containing wsgi.py and kodi.py seems to be not the right thing to do.
Even if AWS accepts it and tells me that my function required 3rd party libs which will be overwridden once I upload a zip again.

In the end, before creating the custom slots the intent is completely empty. So I can't proceed really.

Best regards

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - iTzturrtlex - 2016-12-29

(2016-12-28, 22:27)init5 Wrote: Hi,

I am facing the Signature expired issue during the deployment to AWS using the terminal on MacOS.

Can somebody tell me what exactly I have to upload using the AWS web ui for creating a new function?

Simply ziping the kodi-alexa folder containing wsgi.py and kodi.py seems to be not the right thing to do.
Even if AWS accepts it and tells me that my function required 3rd party libs which will be overwridden once I upload a zip again.

In the end, before creating the custom slots the intent is completely empty. So I can't proceed really.

Best regards

For me I got the time signature expired thing too, the thing that fixed it for me was uploading/deploying the code on a faster connection. I have an ADSL line that uploads at 1Mbps which took about 5 mins to upload. I tethered my phones lte connection around 20Mbps upload and it took about 20 seconds or so to upload and it worked.

I think the server has a timeout where if it takes to long the access code expires and it's no longer valid. Let me know if this helps.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - Eamonn3 - 2016-12-29

Hi,

Awesome skill! I can't wait to get it working properly.

I managed to get this up and running to some extent. I'm happy that the Echo Dot communicates to my Kodi because I can ask it to move left, select, go back and Kodi behaves as commanded. But when I ask Alexa to tell Kodi to play a random movie, play Die Hard, or play season 1, episode 1 of Westworld it does nothing. Any ideas? I'm stumped.

When I ask it to play Deadpool in the Amazon test area I get:

{
"version": "1.0",
"response": {
"reprompt": {
"outputSpeech": {
"type": "PlainText",
"text": " "
}
},
"shouldEndSession": true
},
"sessionAttributes": {}
}

When I ask it to play season 1 episode 1 of Westworld I get:

"version": "1.0",
"response": {
"text": "Playback is stopped."
},
"card": {
"content": "Playback is stopped.",
"title": "Time left on currently playing item",
"type": "Simple"
},
"reprompt": {
"text": " "
}
},
"shouldEndSession": true
},
"sessionAttributes": {}
}

Both are defined in the slots. I'm using Exodus through the Simplicity build for Kodi. Is there a specific addon program I need to get the rest of the Skill to work on Kodi?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - danmedhurst - 2016-12-29

I got mine working, i had set up the skill to English (US).. changing it to English (UK) works perfectly Smile

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - shteve - 2016-12-29

Can you play any of your own local content? I very much doubt you'll get much help here getting it to work via a piracy addon.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - jingai - 2016-12-29

Exodus is a banned addon and I will not provide support for it.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - init5 - 2016-12-29

(2016-12-29, 15:53)iTzturrtlex Wrote:
(2016-12-28, 22:27)init5 Wrote: Hi,

Best regards

For me I got the time signature expired thing too, the thing that fixed it for me was uploading/deploying the code on a faster connection. I have an ADSL line that uploads at 1Mbps which took about 5 mins to upload. I tethered my phones lte connection around 20Mbps upload and it took about 20 seconds or so to upload and it worked.

I think the server has a timeout where if it takes to long the access code expires and it's no longer valid. Let me know if this helps.

Thank you!

After hotspoting via phone the upload was finished within seconds.

The kodi-alexa integration works fine.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - Eamonn3 - 2016-12-29

(2016-12-29, 16:35)danmedhurst Wrote: I got mine working, i had set up the skill to English (US).. changing it to English (UK) works perfectly Smile

(2016-12-29, 16:36)shteve Wrote: Can you play any of your own local content? I very much doubt you'll get much help here getting it to work via a piracy addon.

(2016-12-29, 16:38)jingai Wrote: Exodus is a banned addon and I will not provide support for it.

I didn't realise Exodus was a banned app, and if it is then my apologies for mentioning it. Not supporting it is understandable if it is classed as pirate software. Boo-erns to me.
I haven't tried this skill with local content because I don't have anything stored locally. I don't see the point when a 360MB internet connection costs me 40 euro per month. So all my entertainment content is streamed online.
My understanding of this skill might have been thwarted from the start then. So just to clarify, can you tell me if this statement is correct: This Skill is not suitable for streaming online content through Kodi, and needs to be used with locally stored content... Even if it is from a legal paid Addon service like FilmOn, Netflix or iVue?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - naetron - 2016-12-30

Hi, I'm trying to set up the Echo skill for Kodi and I hit a snag. I have Linux Mint on a small Intel box and I've followed the instructions found on github but I'm stuck at running deploy-to-lambda.py. When I run it all I get is "/bin/sh: 1: lambda-deploy: not found".

I am pretty confident that my .env file is set up correctly. I've looked it over 10 times. I have very little experience with Python and Linux but I think I know enough to get by if someone can give me an idea on how to fix this.

Any help is very much appreciated!

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - driftingnarwal - 2016-12-30

Okay, I've been working through this thread tackling each problem as I come to it but I've finally hit a point where I can no longer continue without assistance. I've gotten everything deployed but when I go to test the skill no commands work. They all time out, no results are produced in the Lambda Request or Lambda Response boxes. I've pasted the error logs below if that helps.

Sending request to http://xxxx.dynu.com:12345/jsonrpc
{'version': '1.0', 'response': {'outputSpeech': {'text': 'Error parsing results', 'type': 'PlainText'}, 'shouldEndSession': True, 'reprompt': {'outputSpeech': {'text': ' ', 'type': 'PlainText'}}, 'card': {'content': 'Error parsing results', 'type': 'Simple', 'title': 'Playing a random episode of archer'}}, 'sessionAttributes': {}}
END RequestId: 6e84e1e6-ce70-11e6-9a9e-c7697177ee2f
REPORT RequestId: 6e84e1e6-ce70-11e6-9a9e-c7697177ee2f Duration: 127268.85 ms Billed Duration: 127300 ms Memory Size: 1536 MB Max Memory Used: 41 MB

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - vokuro - 2016-12-30

Occasionally getting "playing videos is not supported on this device". Perhaps it's not detecting the invocation name consistently?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - nsviper - 2016-12-30

Just got an Amazon Echo and decided to follow this guide to get it set up for my Kodi installation.

Followed all the instructions and everything is set up on AWS and all looks good. Running the Tests from the Service Simulator work fine, you can see the Service Request and Response are correct, on my Alexa App I can see the development "skill" is available and enabled, but I cannot get Alexa to do anything when I talk to it.

Nothing is appearing on the kodi logs, and when I check the skill logs on Lambda Cloudwatch Monitoring I cannot see any requests coming from my Amazon Alexa.

Anyone got any ideas what I can look at? (feels like i'm soooo close ... )

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - nsviper - 2016-12-30

Ignore me, rebuilt the alexa app as English UK instead of default US, all working brilliantly now Smile

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - obs3lite - 2016-12-30

I've also reached this point. Everything worked fine but now that I'm trying to issue commands nothing works. Testing in the Amazon environment also does nothing, and eventually times out.
I initially thought it might be due to my Kodi DB running via Emby, but I also can't navigate or execute addons (including through Amazon environment), which are both independent of the Emby DB.

Any ideas would be great!

(2016-12-30, 04:31)driftingnarwal Wrote: Okay, I've been working through this thread tackling each problem as I come to it but I've finally hit a point where I can no longer continue without assistance. I've gotten everything deployed but when I go to test the skill no commands work. They all time out, no results are produced in the Lambda Request or Lambda Response boxes. I've pasted the error logs below if that helps.

{'version': '1.0', 'response': {'outputSpeech': {'text': 'Error parsing results', 'type': 'PlainText'}, 'shouldEndSession': True, 'reprompt': {'outputSpeech': {'text': ' ', 'type': 'PlainText'}}, 'card': {'content': 'Error parsing results', 'type': 'Simple', 'title': 'Playing a random episode of archer'}}, 'sessionAttributes': {}}
REPORT RequestId: 6e84e1e6-ce70-11e6-9a9e-c7697177ee2f Duration: 127268.85 ms Billed Duration: 127300 ms Memory Size: 1536 MB Max Memory Used: 41 MB

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - obs3lite - 2016-12-31

Scratched that. I got mine working. Turns out my IP was more dynamic then I thought and it appears to have changed during my setup. Set up a DDNS and repeated, and now it seems to be working fine...even with Emby.

(2016-12-30, 23:18)obs3lite Wrote: I've also reached this point. Everything worked fine but now that I'm trying to issue commands nothing works. Testing in the Amazon environment also does nothing, and eventually times out.
I initially thought it might be due to my Kodi DB running via Emby, but I also can't navigate or execute addons (including through Amazon environment), which are both independent of the Emby DB.

Any ideas would be great!

(2016-12-30, 04:31)driftingnarwal Wrote: Okay, I've been working through this thread tackling each problem as I come to it but I've finally hit a point where I can no longer continue without assistance. I've gotten everything deployed but when I go to test the skill no commands work. They all time out, no results are produced in the Lambda Request or Lambda Response boxes. I've pasted the error logs below if that helps.