Kodi Community Forum
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=254502)

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - mrwolf11245 - 2017-01-08

Sorry guys, I'm sure I'm being rubbish but I'm lost.

I'm having the same error as others where I get "No region specified". You've answered loads of times that I need to copy the. Env.lamda file before editing the copy, but Windows does not allow me to copy the file and name it .env

Windows needs a filename so it is impossible to just name the copy .env

I can't create a copy with the same name so I don't understand the instruction.

Can someone give detailed instructions on how to copy the env file in Windows so that I have a copy to edit?

Thanks,

-P[/align]

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - thatoneguy99 - 2017-01-08

If you open the original .env.lambda in Notepad and then File -> Save As -> Write .env as filename and choose "All Files" as the type - then it will create the .env file for you.

ANOTHER WAY:

When you hit rename just rename the file ".env." there will be a dot before and after the words env and it will create a .env file for you without giving you the "need a filename error"

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - nsviper - 2017-01-08

Or go old skool and do it at the dos prompt

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - mrwolf11245 - 2017-01-08

(2017-01-08, 03:54)thatoneguy99 Wrote: If you open the original .env.lambda in Notepad and then File -> Save As -> Write .env as filename and choose "All Files" as the type - then it will create the .env file for you.

ANOTHER WAY:

When you hit rename just rename the file ".env." there will be a dot before and after the words env and it will create a .env file for you without giving you the "need a filename error"

Thankyou so much mate. REALLY appreciate that!

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - smokinimages - 2017-01-08

After much head scratching I finally got everything set up on aws but when I test or use Alexa I'm getting the following error. Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to start looking to fix this?

{
"version": "1.0",
"response": {
"outputSpeech": {
"type": "PlainText",
"text": "Error parsing results"
},
"card": {
"content": "Error parsing results",
"title": "Playing the movie star wars",
"type": "Simple"
},
"reprompt": {
"outputSpeech": {
"type": "PlainText",
"text": " "
}
},
"shouldEndSession": true
},
"sessionAttributes": {}

Thanks

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - jingai - 2017-01-08

@smokinimages, the skill was unable to retrieve the list of movies in your Kodi library.

Movies (and all other media you want to interact with) must be scraped into your library by adding the source to Kodi and choosing one of the available scrapers (Universal Movie Scraper, TheMovieDB, IMDB, etc).

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - apb0703 - 2017-01-08

Can anyone explain how to get this to work on different Kodi boxes?

I have Kodi in the living room and in the basement.

I ran through the set up and had it working just fine in the living room, then tried to set it up in the basement by adding a second app to Amazon per the instructions. However now when I ask Alexa to play a movie in the living room it plays it in the basement and when I ask Alexa to play a movie in the basement it also plays it on the basement.

What steps do I need to do to make it work on each Kodi box?

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - nsviper - 2017-01-08

Different port numbers on each kodi install, 2 port forward rules on your router / firewall to each box, 2 .env files, 1 for each install two build the 2 apps...

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - apb0703 - 2017-01-08

Guess I am getting confused on the 2 .env files. I am following the instructions from: http://www.howtogeek.com/249336/how-to-control-your-kodi-media-center-with-an-amazon-echo/

I can get it working on one, but can't figure out how to have it upload 2 .env files.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - leoneonekenobi - 2017-01-08

hi all...4th time of trying this skill...now in the service simulator using the utterance 'stop' i get - The remote endpoint could not be called, or the response it returned was invalid.
any help to resolve this issue would be much appreciated.

leone

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - jingai - 2017-01-08

(2017-01-08, 22:53)leoneonekenobi Wrote: hi all...4th time of trying this skill...now in the service simulator using the utterance 'stop' i get - The remote endpoint could not be called, or the response it returned was invalid.
any help to resolve this issue would be much appreciated.

You've missed something in the README. Look it over again very carefully.

I cannot state this more prominently than this: you have no content in your library. You cannot use Banned addons (wiki) with this skill. The only things you may be able to do are: playback control (play, pause, etc); basic navigation (left, right, enter, etc); and playback queries (time remaining, what's currently playing, etc).

And I do stress the may there. I have not tested anything with zero content in the library.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - smokinimages - 2017-01-09

(2017-01-08, 16:55)jingai Wrote: @smokinimages, the skill was unable to retrieve the list of movies in your Kodi library.

Movies (and all other media you want to interact with) must be scraped into your library by adding the source to Kodi and choosing one of the available scrapers (Universal Movie Scraper, TheMovieDB, IMDB, etc).

No everything is scrapped, I've been using kodi/xmbc for years. Control commands like up or back don't appear to do anything, they are no appearing in my log, the only thing that gives a positive response is update library but it doesn't actually run the update command? I know my web server works on kodi as I use an app on my phone and gone over all the steps again but it's beat me for the minute.

Edit - just testing it and noticed this in the CloudWatch log http://http:.....removed it and getting a different response but since my kodi box is switched off I would expect that. Will try again when I get home

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - Gibsarno - 2017-01-09

can someone help please I've set up my .env file been using aws method and now I'm stuck on this part

Now, go back to the console and make sure you are in the directory with this code in it. Run the following commands:

pip install lambda-deploy

python deploy-to-lambda.py

If you edited the .env file correctly, this should have successfully sent the code to AWS. Let's go look at your Lambda functions and finish setting up the function. Browse back to the AWS console and click on Lambda. There you should see your function. Click on it and go to the triggers tab. Click on "Add Trigger" and select "Alexa Skills Kit". At the top right of this page, you'll see text that will say something like "ARN - arn:aws:lambda:us-east-1:11111111111:function:kodi-alexa". Copy this, as we'll need it in when you setup the skill.

what console is it talking about? any help would be great as I'm new to this stuff and I'm using a mac.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - jingai - 2017-01-09

Terminal.app

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - digiltd - 2017-01-09

(2017-01-09, 15:33)Gibsarno Wrote: can someone help please I've set up my .env file been using aws method and now I'm stuck on this part

Now, go back to the console and make sure you are in the directory with this code in it. Run the following commands:

pip install lambda-deploy

python deploy-to-lambda.py

If you edited the .env file correctly, this should have successfully sent the code to AWS. Let's go look at your Lambda functions and finish setting up the function. Browse back to the AWS console and click on Lambda. There you should see your function. Click on it and go to the triggers tab. Click on "Add Trigger" and select "Alexa Skills Kit". At the top right of this page, you'll see text that will say something like "ARN - arn:aws:lambda:us-east-1:11111111111:function:kodi-alexa". Copy this, as we'll need it in when you setup the skill.

what console is it talking about? any help would be great as I'm new to this stuff and I'm using a mac.

The Terminal app (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal)