Kodi Community Forum
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=254502)

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - deboyd - 2017-02-10

@digiltd Thank you for pointing me towards the updated procedure. I took your advice and started from ground zero. All new AWS IAM users and roles. All new files from your link: git clone https://github.com/m0ngr31/kodi-alexa.git. This time I ran the commands:

pip install lambda-deploy

python deploy-to-lambda.py

Still, the .env file did not deploy to lambda. I am 100% positive I have set up my .env file correctly. What else could be the problem? Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - digiltd - 2017-02-10

(2017-02-10, 06:29)deboyd Wrote: @digiltd Thank you for pointing me towards the updated procedure. I took your advice and started from ground zero. All new AWS IAM users and roles. All new files from your link: git clone https://github.com/m0ngr31/kodi-alexa.git. This time I ran the commands:

Still, the .env file did not deploy to lambda. I am 100% positive I have set up my .env file correctly. What else could be the problem? Any thoughts?

Cheers!

The .env won't deploy/upload itself to lambda like the other files. The lambda-deploy command reads the file locally and sets the environment variables directly on the server. This is a security measure.

What is the error message? Is it the same as before about the aws regions?

Oh, and what operating system are you using?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - deboyd - 2017-02-10

(2017-02-10, 22:49)digiltd Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 06:29)deboyd Wrote: @digiltd Thank you for pointing me towards the updated procedure. I took your advice and started from ground zero. All new AWS IAM users and roles. All new files from your link: git clone https://github.com/m0ngr31/kodi-alexa.git. This time I ran the commands:

Cheers!

The .env won't deploy/upload itself to lambda like the other files. The lambda-deploy command reads the file locally and sets the environment variables directly on the server. This is a security measure.

@digiltd There is no error message this time as I was not using the command prompt. This time, I just double clicked the "pip install lambda-deploy" and "python deploy-to-lambda.py" python files to run them. The black console box opened up on the screen and ran the code, then disappeared again. I am assuming this is the correct way to run those commands?

I am running Windows 10.

I feel that due to my coding noobness, I am missing an obvious step here. Big Grin

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - mreedy - 2017-02-11

(2017-02-10, 06:12)jingai Wrote: "play Kodi Season 1 Episode 1 Seinfeld" is not at all how you invoke this skill.

Please try this exactly and post exactly the results you get:

"Alexa, ask Kodi to watch season 1 episode 1 of Seinfeld"

I asked exactly as you stated and it took me to amazon video. Seinfeld is the heading and there are 2 buttons "Watch Now with Hulu 1 Week Free Trial" and "Seasons & Episodes". Any suggestions?

Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - digiltd - 2017-02-11

(2017-02-10, 23:38)deboyd Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 22:49)digiltd Wrote:

Cheers!

@digiltd There is no error message this time as I was not using the command prompt. This time, I just double clicked the "pip install lambda-deploy" and "python deploy-to-lambda.py" python files to run them. The black console box opened up on the screen and ran the code, then disappeared again. I am assuming this is the correct way to run those commands?

I am running Windows 10.

I feel that due to my coding noobness, I am missing an obvious step here. Big Grin

The mind boggles, I'm not even sure how you would click "pip install lambda-deploy" Smile

There does seem to be quite a bit of learning ahead of you in order to set this up. There was a good video posted a few pages back that went through the steps and gave a little explanation about they did. I suggest you watch that first all the way through, and then try to follow along.

The Skill setup process is changing quite a bit (though not really making initial setup any easier) in an upcoming update and that video will not be relevant. But if you have no idea about what you are doing, it is a starting point that explains some of the concepts.

Good luck

edit: the post with the tutorial http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=254502&pid=2504643#pid2504643

(2017-02-11, 02:15)mreedy Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 06:12)jingai Wrote: "play Kodi Season 1 Episode 1 Seinfeld" is not at all how you invoke this skill.

I asked exactly as you stated and it took me to amazon video. Seinfeld is the heading and there are 2 buttons "Watch Now with Hulu 1 Week Free Trial" and "Seasons & Episodes". Any suggestions?

What took you there? Are you using Alexa on an Echo or a Fire device?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - apb0703 - 2017-02-11

I am trying to set this up and keep gettting the error

File "deploy-to-lambda.py", line 34
print subprocess.Popen("lambda-deploy deploy", shell=True, stdout=subprocess.PIPE).stdout.read()
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Anyone know of a fix?

(2017-02-11, 16:20)apb0703 Wrote: I am trying to set this up and keep gettting the error

File "deploy-to-lambda.py", line 34
print subprocess.Popen("lambda-deploy deploy", shell=True, stdout=subprocess.PIPE).stdout.read()
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Anyone know of a fix?

What version of Python? It requires 2.7

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - DreadyDK - 2017-02-11

NVM got it working Smile

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - mreedy - 2017-02-12

(2017-02-11, 03:39)digiltd Wrote:
(2017-02-11, 02:15)mreedy Wrote:

What took you there? Are you using Alexa on an Echo or a Fire device?

I am using the New Fire Stick w/ Alexa Voice Remote.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - digiltd - 2017-02-13

(2017-02-12, 17:50)mreedy Wrote: I am using the New Fire Stick w/ Alexa Voice Remote.

And you have the Skill enabled on the Fire Stick? i.e. you can see it when you use the Alexa app > Skills > My Skills?

I don't know much about the Fire Stick but from what I have read it seems it should be compatible with all the Skills from the skill store and the Dev blog mentions that you can test Skills on the Fire Stick.

Are you running Kodi on the stick as well?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - aesthetiker - 2017-02-13

Did you plan LiveTV support for this echo skill? That would be just awesome

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - popy - 2017-02-13

(2017-02-05, 13:23)Joergi Wrote: Dear all, dear m0ngr31, I am Jörg from Hamburg and am also highly interested in the German version of this great skill. From having done a search on this thread I can see that there are at least the following users who are also interested in the German translation:
I have subscribed to this thread now and am also offering help in case it's needed for the translation!

All the best!

@MerlinJunior
@Spo0915
@jingai
@Joergi

and all other german people Big Grin

I have found this amazing german guide: https://www.amzecho.de/wiki/anleitungen:smart_home:alexa_kodi_verknuepfung
And at the bottom of the guide, there are the german translated files (alexa.utterances & wsgi.py) Rofl

Updating my skill right now to test those out!

pOpY

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - popy - 2017-02-13

Update: Currently i cant create a new skill, when ill updating the custom slots it takes very long at "Please wait while this Alexa skill is updated..." and the an error pops up.
WIll try it tomorrow.

pOpY

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - jingai - 2017-02-14

@popy, we have the skill translated to German already, but you'll need to wait for the 2.5 release. Hopefully soon!