Kodi Community Forum
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=254502)

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - motherboard - 2017-04-12

(2017-04-11, 21:56)motherboard Wrote: Hi I had this working a treat but now alexa says error parsing results. Has anyone had this before and has any suggestions?

managed to sort the issue. On a seperate note will this work with pvr simple client?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - jingai - 2017-04-13

(2017-04-12, 23:38)motherboard Wrote:
(2017-04-11, 21:56)motherboard Wrote: Hi I had this working a treat but now alexa says error parsing results. Has anyone had this before and has any suggestions?

managed to sort the issue. On a seperate note will this work with pvr simple client?

What was your issue?

And no, it currently doesn't directly support PVR.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - elyad - 2017-04-13

first of all i want to thank the developer Team for their nice Job.

i did all mentioned steps in original post " m0ngr31/kodi-alexa ",, but when i try any commands it test fase (alexa skill kit), nothing happend... dont get any error message...

here is the log Infos,

START RequestId: a1900385-207d-11e7-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Version: $LATEST
lambda_handler: applicationId=amzn1.ask.skill.68a0f550-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
on_session_started: requestId=EdwRequestId.0ee57799-7e13-4b11-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sessionId=SessionId.95a73387-3c08xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
on_intent: requestId=EdwRequestId.0ee57799-7e13-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sessionId=SessionId.95a73387-3c08-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Requested intent: Select
Navigate: Select
Sending request to http://mykodi-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/jsonrpc
{'version': '1.0', 'response': {'outputSpeech': {'text': ' ', 'type': 'PlainText'}, 'shouldEndSession': False, 'reprompt': {'outputSpeech': {'text': ' ', 'type': 'PlainText'}}}, 'sessionAttributes': {}}
END RequestId: a1900385-207d-11e7xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
REPORT RequestId: a1900385-207d-11e7-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Duration: 218.98 ms Billed Duration: 300 ms Memory Size: 128 MB Max Memory Used: 27 MB

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - digiltd - 2017-04-14

(2017-04-11, 20:16)wilhelmus Wrote: I deployed the code with C:\Python27\Scripts\lambda-deploy.exe deploy to the AWS server and my code is 3.2MB.
In the tutorials the code is 27.3 MB and takes (according to youtube tutorial) 2 minutes.

Any thoughts?

One of the dependencies used in previous versions was 25mb, this has since been removed as it is no longer required.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - digiltd - 2017-04-14

(2017-04-13, 21:26)elyad Wrote: first of all i want to thank the developer Team for their nice Job.

i did all mentioned steps in original post " m0ngr31/kodi-alexa ",, but when i try any commands it test fase (alexa skill kit), nothing happend... dont get any error message...

here is the log Infos,

START RequestId: a1900385-207d-11e7-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Version: $LATEST
lambda_handler: applicationId=amzn1.ask.skill.68a0f550-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
on_session_started: requestId=EdwRequestId.0ee57799-7e13-4b11-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sessionId=SessionId.95a73387-3c08xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
on_intent: requestId=EdwRequestId.0ee57799-7e13-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sessionId=SessionId.95a73387-3c08-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Requested intent: Select
Navigate: Select
Sending request to http://mykodi-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/jsonrpc
{'version': '1.0', 'response': {'outputSpeech': {'text': ' ', 'type': 'PlainText'}, 'shouldEndSession': False, 'reprompt': {'outputSpeech': {'text': ' ', 'type': 'PlainText'}}}, 'sessionAttributes': {}}
END RequestId: a1900385-207d-11e7xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
REPORT RequestId: a1900385-207d-11e7-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Duration: 218.98 ms Billed Duration: 300 ms Memory Size: 128 MB Max Memory Used: 27 MB

It looks like the Skill is working, are you able to reach your Kodi install in a browser when you visit http://mykodi-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/jsonrpc ?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - m0ngr31 - 2017-04-14

Version 2.5 was just released on Github, go check it out now. There is an updating guide for those of you coming from older versions, but some of you might just find it easier to start from scratch.

It's now pretty easy to get a server going with Heroku (no need to install or even download anything!). AWS Lambda deployment is much easier now too.

A few big updates are native German language support and a "remote control" intent that will keep the session open so you can string together commands to navigate easily.

Big shoutout to all the developers who offered their time and support to get this updated. This update has been in the works for over 4 months now.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - elyad - 2017-04-14

@digiltd

thanks for your Reply, yes a can Access my box when i visit http://mykodi-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/jsonrpc

i had the same issue as cha0skind,,, used same solution as he did and everything working fine now

i am using the new Version 2.5 right now....

big thanks for all the developers who worked hard on this nice alexa skill.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - bill_orange - 2017-04-15

Well first off, thanks for the amazing work on the new version. I installed it tonight with only one issue in the procedure. In attempting to save on the Global fields page of the developer's console I got an error that the Alexa Skills kit was not selected as a trigger. I went back to Lambda and added that trigger and all appeared well.

Unfortunately, my success ended there. When I tried invoking the skill I got the error that it was disabled. I enabled it and re-enabled it and got the same warning. Thinking that the problem was the short invocation name. I changed it to 'Kodi media' and now all I get is the dreaded unhelpful 'there is a problem with you skill request' I took a look in cloud watcha and there are no error showing.

Obviously I have not given you enough information to help me figure this out. What can I provide to help sort this out?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - m0ngr31 - 2017-04-15

Did you use zappa to deploy it to AWS?

I used zappa. No idea what it is, so I followed the instruction blindly. This may be a small hint. I tried running in simulator:

Alexa, ask kodi media to reboot. and I get: The response is invalid

I had to change the invocation to kodi media, I was getting nowhere with codi

I tried zappa update dev with my timezone added. The update deleted the Alexa Skill Kit Trigger and now I get "there is a problem communicating with the requested skill. Kind of a logical error, I guess.

Bill

The way it works now, it doesn't need the skill trigger. What does the url look like you are putting into the skills setting?

I am using the Lambda site so it looks like:

arn:aws:lambda:us-east-1:603047535001:function:kodi-alexa-dev

I scrambled a few numbers for securitySmile

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - jingai - 2017-04-15

Omit "Alexa, ask Kodi" in the simulator.

That is, you'd just do:

"reboot"

If that fails, we would need to see the server logs.

(2017-04-15, 04:31)bill_orange Wrote: I am using the Lambda site so it looks like:

arn:aws:lambda:us-east-1:603047535001:function:kodi-alexa-dev

I scrambled a few numbers for securitySmile

Put the URL that zappa gives you in instead.

You are the man! That was it.