Kodi Community Forum
Just bought a Pi2 but... - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: Just bought a Pi2 but... (/showthread.php?tid=254602)

Pages: 1 2 3

Just bought a Pi2 but... - ArieS - 2016-01-02

Hi,
Just got a Pi2 and I ran into my first problem Sad
I bought a 16gb MicroSD card, I checked it in Windows and it said the capacity was 14.4gb, great.
So I used Disk Imager to create the OE image on it and now it says the card capacity is 255mb and I have 147mb free. WTF happened? Can I even use it to install Kodi?

RE: Just bought a Pi2 but... - Vidman - 2016-01-02

It's normal, disk imager creates partitions of which windows can only recognise the 255mb one

RE: Just bought a Pi2 but... - DjDiabolik - 2016-01-02

(2016-01-02, 22:16)ArieS Wrote: Hi,
Just got a Pi2 and I ran into my first problem Sad
I bought a 16gb MicroSD card, I checked it in Windows and it said the capacity was 14.4gb, great.
So I used Disk Imager to create the OE image on it and now it says the card capacity is 255mb and I have 147mb free. WTF happened? Can I even use it to install Kodi?

If you have already writed the image on windows you can't see the partition whit kodi/osmc/openelec (what ever distribution have you used). it's a UNIX partition......

RE: Just bought a Pi2 but... - DarrenHill - 2016-01-02

The OE image is in two partitions. One is the read only system partition, the other is the storage partition. Due to how the storage is formatted (exFAT I think, not 100% sure) Windows by default can't see it. But if you run it on your Pi it will be able to.

You can transfer media to it via SMB.

RE: Just bought a Pi2 but... - ArieS - 2016-01-02

Phewww, thank you guys Big Grin
Ok, now to Phase 2 Smile
(You'll probably hear from me again Big Grin)

RE: Just bought a Pi2 but... - ArieS - 2016-01-04

Ok, I need some help again. I'm trying to add my movies/tv shows and it's driving me nuts!

Keep in mind I'm coming from Windows and know nothing about OE Sad
What I have is a NAS that is JBOD. It's running on a Win7 pc.
In my HTPC Kodi Windows, I can just go to Add Source, then smb and then browse to all the Drives and add the Movies/TV Shows folders from there but it seems it's not the same in OE...
I've been trying to find youtube videos or even tutorials on how to do it, to no end.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

RE: Just bought a Pi2 but... - noggin - 2016-01-04

This might help : http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources

(You'll probably want to use SMB or ZeroConf browsing to find your NAS drives to add them)

RE: Just bought a Pi2 but... - djha53k - 2016-01-04

Disk imiger created couple filesystems there.

I have 16GB flash card too and this is how it is look like on my RPi2:

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mmcblk0p2 14543336 2441124 11340408 18% /
devtmpfs 370580 0 370580 0% /dev
tmpfs 5120 0 5120 0% /run/lock
tmpfs 375564 0 375564 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mmcblk0p1 244988 29467 215521 13% /boot
tmpfs 75116 0 75116 0% /run/user/1000

The first is important for you (the / fs) that is the space where you will put your staff (scripts, files).
Rest are system filesystems, don't touch them.

RE: Just bought a Pi2 but... - d'Wooluf - 2016-01-04

You' ve tested for general network connectivity? So you can see the RSS feed scrolling at the bottom of the screen for instance? Or if you've allowed file sharing on your Pi, you can see those shares from your Windows machine? Has the Pi been issued an IP address?

From there, I'd look at your file sharing settings on your NAS. Have you restricted file access to just users with a password-protected logon? The answer should be no. The process of selecting files to play or add to your library is exactly the same on the Pi as it is on your Windows htpc. It's just that the files need to be visible to the Pi.

@noggin, Once I try to add a Network Location, I enter the IP of my NAS but then it's asking me for a username and a password and I have no idea what I'm supposed to enter since I never entered one in Windows.

@d'Wooluf, yes I could see the RSS Feed b4 I disabled it. I have not password restricted any of the drives.
I have enabled SSH in Kodi.
The Pi has an IP address and I can access it from my Win7 PC.
If the process is the same then I really don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong as I could do it eyes closed on my Windows HTPC.

RE: Just bought a Pi2 but... - katsup - 2016-01-04

The process should be the same or similar to your Windows Kodi

Add Videos --> Browse --> Windows Network (SMB) --> Workgroup --> Select your share.

You can also share your library if you plan to actively use both devices.

RE: Just bought a Pi2 but... - Dilligaf - 2016-01-04

You need to enter your Windows user/pass when prompted. In Windows share with "everyone" is only share with everyone known to Windows

(2016-01-04, 08:40)Dilligaf Wrote: You need to enter your Windows user/pass when prompted. In Windows share with "everyone" is only share with everyone known to Windows
user/pass = Homegroup user/pass?

(2016-01-04, 07:19)katsup Wrote: You can also share your library if you plan to actively use both devices.
Can you give me more details please?

RE: Just bought a Pi2 but... - Dilligaf - 2016-01-04

(2016-01-04, 10:19)ArieS Wrote:
(2016-01-04, 08:40)Dilligaf Wrote: You need to enter your Windows user/pass when prompted. In Windows share with "everyone" is only share with everyone known to Windows
user/pass = Homegroup user/pass?
The user/pass that you use to log on to Windows