Kodi Community Forum
Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On (/showthread.php?tid=25522)

- Basje - 2009-11-29

eddythepeddy Wrote:Mea culpa; my mistake. Of course it is uzg.log. It was late last night... ;-). Am using the latest version that I downloaded from your site yesterday.

Did you put it in /home/username/.xbmc/scripts/ ?

- Basje - 2009-11-29

Pindakaas Wrote:Hi Basje,

I posted the complete log at http://pastebin.ca/1692441 .

Try a more recent version of XBMC, June 2009 is rather old. I run Xbmc under Windows and have no problem.

- eddythepeddy - 2009-11-29

Basje Wrote:Did you put it in /home/username/.xbmc/scripts/ ?

Yep, exactly that location.

- Pindakaas - 2009-11-29

I will try that, but the version I am running is the latest stable version that can be downloaded at xbmc.org. It is likely more people will be running this version and subsequently will run into the same problem (?)

- Basje - 2009-11-29

eddythepeddy Wrote:Yep, exactly that location.

Can you try putting it in the XBMC location? I tried it myself under Ubuntu and it worked fine? So I don't know what could be wrong.

- Basje - 2009-11-29

Pindakaas Wrote:I will try that, but the version I am running is the latest stable version that can be downloaded at xbmc.org. It is likely more people will be running this version and subsequently will run into the same problem (?)

Well, the new XBMC beta is out, so ppl can download that one. Otherwise, if they have problems, they should stay at XOT-Uzg.v3.2.0b5.

Problem playing RTMPE - pezlin - 2009-11-30

Hi!

I have problem playing some tv shows from SVT. I have found out that the ones I have problem with are streaming with RTMPE while the ones with RTMP are working fine. For example is the tv show Barda playing fine while Billy is not working. Do you have any solution to this problem? It would be greatly appreciated!

- eddythepeddy - 2009-11-30

Basje Wrote:Can you try putting it in the XBMC location? I tried it myself under Ubuntu and it worked fine? So I don't know what could be wrong.
Sorry, I'm afraid I do not understand completely where to put it? You mean not in the scripts directory?

Could the problem be that the default user used in XBMC Live does not have root-rights by default?

If you installed XBMC yourself on top of Ubuntu as a root-user that I guess you indeed did not get my problem...Rolleyes

- Basje - 2009-11-30

eddythepeddy Wrote:Sorry, I'm afraid I do not understand completely where to put it? You mean not in the scripts directory?

Could the problem be that the default user used in XBMC Live does not have root-rights by default?

If you installed XBMC yourself on top of Ubuntu as a root-user that I guess you indeed did not get my problem...Rolleyes

You have 2 XBMC folders: .XBMC in your user folder and a XBMC in the actual XBMC program folder. The latter also has an Script folder.

I will try to get a XBMC Live version to test with.

Basje Wrote:You have 2 XBMC folders: .XBMC in your user folder and a XBMC in the actual XBMC program folder. The latter also has an Script folder.

I will try to get a XBMC Live version to test with.

Ok, will try that tonight! Thank you for your support on this. Really appreciate it! Nod

- pezlin - 2009-11-30

Hi again,

Anyone have an idea about the problem with rtmpe in port #577?

Thanks for any help!

Basje Wrote:Can you try putting it in the XBMC location? I tried it myself under Ubuntu and it worked fine? So I don't know what could be wrong.

I'm afraid this gave the same error message. Kind of strange though: it says OSError: [err no 13] Permission Denied: '/home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/Common Scripts/XOT-Uzg.v3/uzg.log

this is weird because I put the script on the other location where the actual xbmc is stored. Next to Aptitude.

- Basje - 2009-11-30

eddythepeddy Wrote:I'm afraid this gave the same error message. Kind of strange though: it says OSError: [err no 13] Permission Denied: '/home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/Common Scripts/XOT-Uzg.v3/uzg.log

this is weird because I put the script on the other location where the actual xbmc is stored. Next to Aptitude.

Ok, downloading Live as we speak. Will test it later. One question: is it a CD or USB drive (can XBMC store data on it?)

- eddythepeddy - 2009-12-01

Basje Wrote:Ok, downloading Live as we speak. Will test it later. One question: is it a CD or USB drive (can XBMC store data on it?)

That question makes sense! I actually installed it from the CD onto the harddisk. So XBMC should definitely be able to write the log-file.

- mickeh - 2009-12-02

Has anyone heard any news about the swedish channels TV4, Kanal5?