Kodi Community Forum
Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On (/showthread.php?tid=25522)

- Daniel Malmgren - 2011-10-08

Basje Wrote:Hi Daniel,

I tried with my latest nightly build, I could play both streams fine! So could you try updating your XBMC?

Nope. Upgraded xbmc (to git20111007) and I get the same result. Damn this is weird!

/Daniel

edit: Done some testing with various settings for maximum bitrate now. Just to note that it didn't make any difference.

Also another thought: The thumbnail loads fine for all episodes. Wouldn't this mean it somehow reads the stream correctly?

iRTL problem: no playable files found - einstein72 - 2011-10-08

Hallo,

First of all: thanks for this nice add-on to XBMC!

For some time now (>2 months) iRTL streams don't play where they play perfectly well on my iPad. When I go in UZG to iRTL and for example 'Uki' then the message 'no playable files found' pops up. I updated the plugin, but that does help. It's at XOT-Uzg.v3 Version: 3.2.10 and the channel is at net.rieter.xot.channel.rtlnl version 3.2.10.0. I read this thread and that the channel should update automatically. It doesn't. Not on three different pc's on three different connections. I tried updating xbmc to the latest nightly build. Doesn't work either. I think the channel update is broken. Is it possible to manually update these?

- Basje - 2011-10-09

Daniel Malmgren Wrote:Nope. Upgraded xbmc (to git20111007) and I get the same result. Damn this is weird!

/Daniel

edit: Done some testing with various settings for maximum bitrate now. Just to note that it didn't make any difference.

Also another thought: The thumbnail loads fine for all episodes. Wouldn't this mean it somehow reads the stream correctly?

No, the thumbnail is just an image I set on the list item container.

- Basje - 2011-10-09

einstein72 Wrote:Hallo,

First of all: thanks for this nice add-on to XBMC!

For some time now (>2 months) iRTL streams don't play where they play perfectly well on my iPad. When I go in UZG to iRTL and for example 'Uki' then the message 'no playable files found' pops up. I updated the plugin, but that does help. It's at XOT-Uzg.v3 Version: 3.2.10 and the channel is at net.rieter.xot.channel.rtlnl version 3.2.10.0. I read this thread and that the channel should update automatically. It doesn't. Not on three different pc's on three different connections. I tried updating xbmc to the latest nightly build. Doesn't work either. I think the channel update is broken. Is it possible to manually update these?
It's only updated automatically on non-Xbox systems. See here for more info:
http://www.rieter.net/pages/XOT:FAQ#How_can_I_update_channels.3F

XOT-Uzg.v3 uses the XBMC Addon Repository feature to update channels. So
  • go to the repository manager in XBMC
  • go to the XOT-Uzg.v3 repository (assuming it's installed on your XBMC). The XOT-Uzg.v3 repository is required for automatic updates of XOT-Uzg.v3 and it's channels. See here for an installation guide.
  • see if you find channel updates.

On XBOX, there is a special XOT-Uzg.v3 context menu with update options, but this menu is only available when running as a script! The RTL channel is at version 3.2.10.2 at the moment. Also keep in mind that when you update your channel and then re-install XOT-Uzg.v3 you loose all the channel updates!

- einstein72 - 2011-10-09

Thanks for your reply.

Basje Wrote:It's only updated automatically on non-Xbox systems. See here for more info:
http://www.rieter.net/pages/XOT:FAQ#How_can_I_update_channels.3F

Got it covered.

Basje Wrote:XOT-Uzg.v3 uses the XBMC Addon Repository feature to update channels. So
  • see if you find channel updates.

No, the update option is greyed out. But as the 'auto update' feature of xbmc is enabled by default, shouldn't it update automatically?

Some remarks/assumptions:

In XBMC there is nothing called 'repository manager'. Assuming you mean the Add-On menu in the Settings section.

The installation guide to install UZG as an add-on states:

'After the installation is complete go to Get Addons and select the XOT-Uzg.v3 Add-ons. There you will find XOT-Uzg.v3 under Media sources'

When you go to 'Get Addons' there is nothing to select. After you point to the .zip file, the addon is installed automatically. Don't know what you mean by 'There you will find Uzg under Media sources'. There are no media sources at Get Addons. Assuming you mean they are under Program and Video Addons, yes there they are. But, like I said, the update function is greyed out.

PS I use a Windows 7 installation.

- einstein72 - 2011-10-09

OK. I uninstalled net.rieter.xot-3.2.10 and installed net.rieter.xot-3.2.9.
Problem went away and iRTL played fine! I think you should look into the code or the update-functionality of net.rieter.xot-3.2.10 as it is clearly not installation/configuration related.

As it works for me, I'll stick with net.rieter.xot-3.2.9 until a new version comes along.
Thanks for your time.

- Basje - 2011-10-09

einstein72 Wrote:Thanks for your reply.
Some remarks/assumptions:

In XBMC there is nothing called 'repository manager'. Assuming you mean the Add-On menu in the Settings section.

The installation guide to install UZG as an add-on states:

'After the installation is complete go to Get Addons and select the XOT-Uzg.v3 Add-ons. There you will find XOT-Uzg.v3 under Media sources'

When you go to 'Get Addons' there is nothing to select. After you point to the .zip file, the addon is installed automatically. Don't know what you mean by 'There you will find Uzg under Media sources'. There are no media sources at Get Addons. Assuming you mean they are under Program and Video Addons, yes there they are. But, like I said, the update function is greyed out.

PS I use a Windows 7 installation.

If you read carefully it says (I updated some names on the page, but it's only minor): http://www.rieter.net/pages/XOT:Installation#Install_XOT-Uzg.v3_as_an_Addon

Quote:In order to install XOT-Uzg.v3 as an addon you need to install the XOT-Uzg.v3 repository.
The following needs to be done once to make the repository available in XBMC:
  • Download the XOT-Uzg.v3 repository (not XOT-Uzg.v3) from the download page
  • If your XBMC is on another system, upload the ZIP file to your XBMC system
  • Start XBMC and go to System -> Settings -> Add-ons
  • Select the Install from a zip file option
  • Browse to the location of the repository zip file and select it
  • After the installation is complete go to Get Addons and select the XOT-Uzg.v3 Add-ons. There you will find XOT-Uzg.v3 under Program Add-ons
So step 1 is to install the XOT-Uzg.v3 repository. And from your remarks I assume you did not do that? You can find the repository in the XOT-Uzg.v3 Download section on my page. Install that one and then use XBMC -> Settings -> Addons -> Get Addons -> XOT-Uzg.v3 Addons -> Programm Add-ons to install XOT-Uzg.v3. So do not install XOT-Uzg.v3 using the Xbox zip file.

The XOT-Uzg.v3 repository is essential for the updates on non-Xbox systems. I hope this helps.

- einstein72 - 2011-10-10

Yes, I did all that. The repository installs fine. But the channels don't update.

- Basje - 2011-10-10

einstein72 Wrote:Yes, I did all that. The repository installs fine. But the channels don't update.

Did you run XOT-Uzg.v3 after installing? On the first run, XOT-Uzg.v3 deploys the pre-packed channels. It is only after that that XBMC see's them as updatable items.

So, try this:

1. Install the XOT Repository
  2. Using the repository Install XOT-Uzg.v3.2.10
  3. Run XOT-Uzg.v3 from programs/videos (it should now show all the channels)
  4. Go back to the XOT Repository
  5. Force an update of the XOT Repository
  6. See if there are channels available

If that does not work, please post an debug xbmc.log and uzg.log on pastebin.ca (See here for instructions)

- Daniel Malmgren - 2011-10-10

Basje Wrote:No, the thumbnail is just an image I set on the list item container.

So you have no more good ideas here, right. Darn. But just so that I understand here: What exactly does XOT do? Does it just present the rtmp:// address to XBMC and let XBMC do the rest? And then XBMC does something like rtmpdump internally and then displays the video? Is there any other way of trying these particular streams in XBMC?

There must be some difference between different series, because I've clicked around and tried some, and if one episode of a serie works, than the entire serie work, and if one episode fails, the entire serie fail.

XOT is really the one and only addin for XBMC that I really need. I'd be happy to donate a buck if I just get this single strangeness straightened out Rolleyes

/Daniel

- Basje - 2011-10-11

Daniel Malmgren Wrote:So you have no more good ideas here, right. Darn. But just so that I understand here: What exactly does XOT do? Does it just present the rtmp:// address to XBMC and let XBMC do the rest? And then XBMC does something like rtmpdump internally and then displays the video? Is there any other way of trying these particular streams in XBMC?

There must be some difference between different series, because I've clicked around and tried some, and if one episode of a serie works, than the entire serie work, and if one episode fails, the entire serie fail.

XOT is really the one and only addin for XBMC that I really need. I'd be happy to donate a buck if I just get this single strangeness straightened out Rolleyes

/Daniel
Hi Daniel, XOT only determines the URL (RTMP://.....) and passes it on to XBMC, who plays the episode. Could you post a debug xbmc.log and uzg.log on pastebin.com after trying to play back the episode that shows no picture?

- Daniel Malmgren - 2011-10-11

Basje Wrote:Hi Daniel, XOT only determines the URL (RTMP://.....) and passes it on to XBMC, who plays the episode. Could you post a debug xbmc.log and uzg.log on pastebin.com after trying to play back the episode that shows no picture?

Doh. I thought I did that some pages ago. Apparently not... I'll fix that as soon as I'm with my htpc.

/Daniel

Error with dutch SBS, Net5 and Veronica - bartmans - 2011-10-11

Hi,

I'm using pre-Eden build 2011003 from the nightlies.

When using XOT-Uzg I can use view NOS and iRTL stations fine.

When accessing either SBS6, Net5 or Veronica I don't get an error, I also don't get the list with available shows.

I reinstalled XOT-Uzg from repository and updated all the addons, including the channels.

What do you need from me to look into this matter? Is this a known problem with pre-Eden builds?

- Basje - 2011-10-11

bartmans Wrote:Hi,

I'm using pre-Eden build 2011003 from the nightlies.

When using XOT-Uzg I can use view NOS and iRTL stations fine.

When accessing either SBS6, Net5 or Veronica I don't get an error, I also don't get the list with available shows.

I reinstalled XOT-Uzg from repository and updated all the addons, including the channels.

What do you need from me to look into this matter? Is this a known problem with pre-Eden builds?
Known issue: SBS, NET5 and Veronica changed to a different Flash Player. Working on a fix.

- Daniel Malmgren - 2011-10-11

Basje Wrote:Hi Daniel, XOT only determines the URL (RTMP://.....) and passes it on to XBMC, who plays the episode. Could you post a debug xbmc.log and uzg.log on pastebin.com after trying to play back the episode that shows no picture?

uzg.log

xbmc.log

What I notice now that I'm looking at the log files is that last line in both logs has with subtitles to do. Could it be something there going wrong?

/Daniel

edit: Ok, forget that last sentence. This also happens on some series that does not have any subtitles at all. Any bright ideas?