Kodi Community Forum
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options (/showthread.php?tid=255686)

RE: Budget AML S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - bobrooney - 2016-08-12

(2016-08-11, 18:05)jebise Wrote: Yup mine has the Rev C processor, if you look at the images i don't think the V1 is actually Beelink eventhough its listed under Beelink, it looks like it maybe a clone which is why it comes in 2 configurations with no Beelink branding at all.
MiniMX is Beelink's product even though there is no Beelink branding on it. There is a subforum on Beelink's official forum for MiniMX.

@hdmkv

I think you should put Beelink MiniMX on that list since it's currently selling on link to fully loaded box removed - DarrenHill and it is well known that kszaq and alex have that device and testing their builds on that device.

RE: Budget AML S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - wrxtasy - 2016-08-12

@bobrooney, and @everyone else,
Unless something has changed dramatically with the Beelink MiniMX AML devices they ship with this:

Now considering Team Kodi's strong Anti piracy Policy, do you think its a good idea providing links to these devices on a Kodi forum ?
Frankly I don't care about how cheap these devices are and what can be done with these boxes after purchase.
The fact they ship with this sort of Piracy enabling shit really is not on at all.

So I will Kindly ask one last time for you to remove these external Purchase Links from the Kodi forum that you have posted recently.

RE: Budget AML S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - crashnburn - 2016-08-12

(2016-08-10, 13:20)gsmtech Wrote:
(2016-08-10, 12:11)crashnburn Wrote:
(2016-08-04, 15:03)danfloss Wrote: @crashburn
Its packed away but i could swear it has Miracast/airplay support will check again tomorrow

Please do share your experiences/ good reviews

FYI according to Gearbest the Nexbox A95X doesn't have bluetooth or Miracast support, not sure about airplay. On the Gearbest page for this device, in the questions and answers section peiople have asked about miracast and bluetooth support, gearbest staff have replied and said neither is supported. Maybe a owner can check and confirm otherwise, Gearbest staff arent always accurate.

Was actually trying to find a Miracast dongle for my Laptop to TV Smile Not via this device, but that would be nice too.

RE: Budget AML S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - crashnburn - 2016-08-12

(2016-08-12, 11:40)wrxtasy Wrote: @bobrooney, and @everyone else,
Unless something has changed dramatically with the Beelink MiniMX AML devices they ship with this:

Now considering Team Kodi's strong Anti piracy Policy, do you think its a good idea providing links to these devices on a Kodi forum ?
Frankly I don't care about how cheap these devices are and what can be done with these boxes after purchase.
The fact they ship with this sort of Piracy enabling shit really is not on at all.

So I will Kindly ask one last time for you to remove these external Purchase Links from the Kodi forum that you have posted recently.
Not posting Ebay & AliExpress links is one thing.
Now tomorrow someone starts selling RPi box with Piracy Add ons.. Do we remove all RPi boxes from Kodi?

Hardware does not automatically beget Piracy Add ons. In fact, I'd educate people rather remove..links.. Create a List of boxes that come with CrapWare and make a How to Flush them.

When lenovo and some OEMs add some crap / bloatware etc.. People talked about how to Remove and Fresh install OSes.

You do realise you are furthering the sellers profits and Illegal business practices by purchase from links already posted, like the one above.

Education is a complete cop-out. It has not worked, and it never will with these dirt cheap devices when all Newbies care about is price.

I ask where does it stop ?
Do you want every Tom Dick and Harry posting links to cheap Android shit all over the forum, containing Piracy crap ?
If you want to incur the wrath of the moderators go right ahead

Show me a Link posted on the forum recently of a known RPi seller - containing a Kodi Piracy payload such as I've just shown above ?
I bet you cannot find one !

RE: Budget AML S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - trogggy - 2016-08-12

If anyone sees a link they think should be deleted there's a report button for our convenience.
I've reported my own post so mods can make a decision, and hopefully everyone can live with whatever it is.

Cheers troggy - and even you own posts !
I'm waiting for bobrooney to respond similarly before it gets to the Report button.

Now that is what I would call education.

RE: Budget AML S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - hdmkv - 2016-08-12

Believe @wrxtasy is correct that stock Beelink boxes do ship with pre-loaded piracy add-ons. Only reseller I'm aware of that sells them without is Futeko.

First of all I want to say that I agree with Kodi's Anti piracy Policy. Second, on the link I have posted there is not even a hint that comes with that preloaded illegal crap. I don't want to say that I don't believe that your source is true but I need some real proof. So, I will wait for box to arrive and if it is really like on that screenshot I will delete that link.

Furthermore, this made me thinking... if all this is true, then link is not the only problem. Mentioning even a name of such box is against Kodi's anti piracy policy? For example, you don't need to give a link to some banned addon to break Kodi's APP, even a discussion with name only is forbidden.

(2016-08-12, 14:36)bobrooney Wrote: Furthermore, this made me thinking... if all this is true, then link is not the only problem. Mentioning even a name of such box is against Kodi's anti piracy policy? For example, you don't need to give a link to some banned addon to break Kodi's APP, even a discussion with name only is forbidden.
How does me talking about my Beelink minimxiii break forum rules?
It's running kodi and spmc on android, openelec and 2 different libreelecs on sd.
It breaks the piracy policy at the point I produce a log containing banned add-ons. Which isn't going to happen as:
a) there aren't any (at the moment).
b) if I was posting a log here I'm not daft enough to leave such a hypothetical add-on in it.

RE: Budget AML S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - gsmtech - 2016-08-12

People who want piracy addons dont buy boxes from the suppliers linked in this thread, they use the online market sites and major retalers advertising "fully loaded" boxes, there are several of these "fully loaded" suppliers that also sell RPI's in cases with their own kodi builds on them which are fully loaded....

Without getting side tracked, the point to note here is that there are very capable devices that with decent hardware specs and good builds of LibreElec, OpenElec which are still being developed and you can purchase them for as little as 40 USD in the case of the Beelink MiniMXIII - Amlogic S905 Rev C, 2GB RAM,16Gb Flash, Bluetooth, Wifi ...

Astounding value for money for good hardware spec + LibreElec and OpenElec builds that can be dual booted with android. More than capabale of meeting several peoples needs...Why spend 3 - 4 times more ?

We don't give a flying f**k what is advertised outside these Kodi forums, that is beyond Team-Kodi's control, get that through your thick skulls.
Users sign up to the Kodi forums and agreed to abide by a set of rules.

(2016-08-12, 14:36)bobrooney Wrote: First of all I want to say that I agree with Kodi's Anti piracy Policy. Second, on the link I have posted there is not even a hint that comes with that preloaded illegal crap. I don't want to say that I don't believe that your source is true but I need some real proof. So, I will wait for box to arrive and if it is really like on that screenshot I will delete that link.

Furthermore, this made me thinking... if all this is true, then link is not the only problem. Mentioning even a name of such box is against Kodi's anti piracy policy? For example, you don't need to give a link to some banned addon to break Kodi's APP, even a discussion with name only is forbidden.
No you wont wait... Not a hint that it comes pre-loaded... you are just like all the other Newbs, looking at price and tech specs only.
Just go to 6:49 of video contained on the the http:// webpage of the Beelink product you linked to. The Pirate enabling crap is sitting there on the Website, advertised in the video.

Remove that http product link NOW.
Any further Beelink products linked and posted on the Kodi forums from now on are going to get similar treatment.
Same with other brands containing illegal crap.

Enough is enough. You are adding to the Kodi Piracy problem now, actually providing Links to Illegal Kodi devices.
This is exactly the way the advertisers attract customer with free illegal shit.

I'm actually being patient here.

[edited for severe content] This forum is open to younger concerns

(2016-08-12, 16:53)gsmtech Wrote: Astounding value for money for good hardware spec + LibreElec and OpenElec builds that can be dual booted with android. More than capabale of meeting several peoples needs...Why spend 3 - 4 times more ?
The word you're missing is 'support'.
Beelink don't provide much - you're dependent on a couple of libreelec / openelec devs who have done a fantastic job porting to these devices, and hoping that kodi / spmc works well on android - because if it doesn't Beelink are unlikely to change things anytime soon. And they're pretty good compared to the clone boxes.
Contrast that with a Pi3 - which would be near price-wise.
Hardware specs aren't as impressive, it doesn't have a nice case, or built-in IR etc. And it doesn't have android. What it does have is support.
But if I had to rely on a kodi device out of the 2 it isn't even close.
I can't compare the wetek / odroid stuff because I don't own them - but the same argument's there.

Think the Mods must be all off drinking beer watching the Olympics today. Don't blame them.